What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I’m getting vibes the jazz will move up. I have no idea how far, whether a little or a lot, but I feel it in my gut we are moving up
It would make sense to either move up here or kick the can down the road on one of the picks either via trade or draft+stash. Three rookies, two years in a row is a lot.

It would make sense to either move up here or kick the can down the road on one of the picks either via trade or draft+stash. Three rookies, two years in a row is a lot.
I have almost no doubt in my mind there’s someone trader Dan sees someone he likes and let’s face it if he feels we need to move up next year too he’s got plenty of fire power to do it both years.

View: https://x.com/DraftExpress/status/1794448900356780053

Sometimes I talk myself into thinking Risacher can have a Franz Wagner type leap in his game.

IMO it all depends on what type of personality/aggression tendencies you think he has. I think there is a baseline of skills and talents in there that can be developed into even better version of Wagner. I'm just not sure what to think about his mental make up and drive. Every time I've watched him he's been really passive and unwilling to take charge and act like the best player on the floor, even though purely talent-wise he probably was. If you think he can grow into more and more confident player (we might be seeing some signs in those playoff games) ... maybe he's worth the no. 1 pick?

IMO it all depends on what type of personality/aggression tendencies you think he has. I think there is a baseline of skills and talents in there that can be developed into even better version of Wagner. I'm just not sure what to think about his mental make up and drive. Every time I've watched him he's been really passive and unwilling to take charge and act like the best player on the floor, even though purely talent-wise he probably was. If you think he can grow into more and more confident player (we might be seeing some signs in those playoff games) ... maybe he's worth the no. 1 pick?
He's done a great job in the playoffs as solidifying himself as a top 5 guy. I thought he might end poorly and kind of get the microscope effect (like youre the #1 prospect for a given time period and you get analyzed tougher than everyone else) and drop back in the draftee farther than he should.