What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Oh it’s that too. I think he’s saying no to everyone except Wiz, SA, and Utah in the top 10. I think I’d get really picky too if I saw my name being mocked to Charlotte and Detroit.

Process of elimination though I think he’s trying to get to SA or maybe Utah with some of these comments. I doubt he wants to go to the Wiz and I doubt he wants to slide out of the top 10. He’s manipulating the system and I’m here for it. More guys should.
Utah may be on that list as well with Keyonte/Sexton being there. It's not like if we draft him (and keep everyone) he would start over those two.

Utah may be on that list as well with Keyonte/Sexton being there. It's not like if we draft him (and keep everyone) he would start over those two.
I guess we will see if he works out for us. I think DA would convince him the roster is not set and that Key isn’t necessarily a pg. if I was him I’d be trying to make my way to SA.

I guess we will see if he works out for us. I think DA would convince him the roster is not set and that Key isn’t necessarily a pg. if I was him I’d be trying to make my way to SA.
Just curious to how set in stone the "has a PG thing".

Like the Rockets have a PG (FVV) but he's only under contract for 1 more season (team option on the 2nd, but seems like it could be decline because of how overpaid he is). I guess you could see Amen is in wait, but it's not like he really has a position at this point.

Just curious to how set in stone the "has a PG thing".

Like the Rockets have a PG (FVV) but he's only under contract for 1 more season (team option on the 2nd, but seems like it could be decline because of how overpaid he is). I guess you could see Amen is in wait, but it's not like he really has a position at this point.
I think he doesn’t want to go to Houston because of Amen would be my guess. I think part of this is “Detroit and Charlotte please don’t pick me”. There may be a team or two his team has talked with that he likes as a development spot. This is just kinda manipulating the board a bit to get somewhere he likes… not sure it’s hard and fast no established pgs.

I think he doesn’t want to go to Houston because of Amen would be my guess. I think part of this is “Detroit and Charlotte please don’t pick me”. There may be a team or two his team has talked with that he likes as a development spot. This is just kinda manipulating the board a bit to get somewhere he likes… not sure it’s hard and fast no established pgs.
Castle seems like such a Udoka kind of player. I wouldnt be shocked, if they keep it, if they draft Castle.

It's about $$$. You get developed as a team who genuinely sees you as a PG you are going to get more opportunity and if you succeed you have higher value.
Of course. But to get that big 2nd contract both minutes and optimal role help. I'm just wondering which one he cares more about.

Utah doesn't really have a point guard. We have shooting guards that play that position out of necessity (like George, Sexton, Clarkson). Dunn might be the exception, but honestly he is a solid backup and not really a starting PG on a good team. Castle would probably be starting here by the end of his first season barring trades. I think it is obvious that Clarkson or Sexton will be gone by the trade deadline anyway, preferably JC.

Utah doesn't really have a point guard. We have shooting guards that play that position out of necessity (like George, Sexton, Clarkson). Dunn might be the exception, but honestly he is a solid backup and not really a starting PG on a good team. Castle would probably be starting here by the end of his first season barring trades. I think it is obvious that Clarkson or Sexton will be gone by the trade deadline anyway, preferably JC.
I mean, Keyonte could develop into a PG. When he started at the position for the first stint he was putting an emphasis on classic game manager style. Hardy raves about his pattern recall and how much film he watches.

I dont think if we drafted Castle he would be the clear starting PG if he and Keyonte started. It would be like we have two starting guards and let it play out.

What is the track record for guys who publicly try and get to/ avoid certain teams in the draft? Seems like it might be pretty good.

After reading that article I may trade up from 29/32 just to get Freeman.

• High character
  • Overachiever in basically every aspect of his life
  • Best rebounder in the country
  • Wasnt seriously playing basketball til age 19 as a walk on
  • Didnt actually think about the NBA til 2 seasons ago
  • Huge wingspan
  • Late growth spurt that hid his potential
Only real negative is he is 24.

Last edited:
I'm a Castle fan, but it rubs me the wrong way for a guy who has done nothing in the league to be saying this kind of stuff.

On the other hand it shows his confidence, and it gives us a better chance at him.

Ok, I'm all good with it.

I don't mind him trying to steer his destination. It might not work though. Or, a team could agree to play him at the 1 and initiate through the 2 or 3. If I'm the Jazz though, I'm not taking the ball out of Keyonte or Colin's hands for Castle. Probably not for Kris Dunn either, tbh.

It looks like he's trying to get to San Antonio.

After reading that article I may trade up from 29/32 just to get Freeman.

• High character
  • Overachiever in basically every aspect of his life
  • Best rebounder in the country
  • Wasnt seriously playing basketball til age 19 as a walk on
  • Didnt actually think about the NBA til 2 seasons ago
  • Huge wingspan
Only real negative is he is 24.
I believe there is a pretty good track record for guys who show out in the combine scrimmage. Camara and Porter Jr from last year who well exceeded their draft position.