What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

No, there is not a lot of guys with those height and wingspan measurements.

Here is another similar one.

Shake Milton

6’4.5 w/o shoes, 7’0.75 wingspan, 8’3.5 standing reach

I’m spending way too much time on this.
So again, not 6'6 w/o shoes and a higher standing reach.

Got bored at work today and did a top 30+ here is the order. Completely fluid at this point and Pate is not on ot yet.

Sarr
Castle
Sheppard
Knecht
Topic
Risarcher
Filipowski
Holland
Williams
Buzelis
Shannon? (Depending on court case)
Dillingham
McCain
Collier
Walter
Kolek
Smith
Nunez
Carter
George
Furphy
Holmes
Salaun
Da Silva
Edey
Chomche
Mccullar
Carrington
Edwards
Missi
Ware

Probably changed this list 15 times today.

Sorry for being late to the party, but just finished the game from last night. Here are some thoughts:

- Edey is the most talented post player in a long time, I think it will easily translate to the NBA. I just can't imagine an NBA coach being willing to play a post centric offense.

- Clingan is tough, and I think he'll be a good player. I wouldn't give up on Kessler for him though.

- Castle was great, and does all the things I love watching players do on the court. I'm guessing it's pretty uncommon for a Freshman to be as involved on a championship team as him. Man I would love watching him on the Jazz.

- That was a great game, especially the first half. I know there are a lot of guys on here that don't like college ball, but I would prefer watching the level of competitiveness from last night's game vs almost any NBA game.

- Uconn is incredible, and the probably the most well rounded college that I can remember. I'm happy to rub that win in my Purdue loving 7 year old's face. I probably would have had to kick him out of the house if Purdue won.

Sorry for being late to the party, but just finished the game from last night. Here are some thoughts:

- Edey is the most talented post player in a long time, I think it will easily translate to the NBA. I just can't imagine an NBA coach being willing to play a post centric offense.

- Clingan is tough, and I think he'll be a good player. I wouldn't give up on Kessler for him though.

- Castle was great, and does all the things I love watching players do on the court. I'm guessing it's pretty uncommon for a Freshman to be as involved on a championship team as him. Man I would love watching him on the Jazz.

- That was a great game, especially the first half. I know there are a lot of guys on here that don't like college ball, but I would prefer watching the level of competitiveness from last night's game vs almost any NBA game.

- Uconn is incredible, and the probably the most well rounded college that I can remember. I'm happy to rub that win in my Purdue loving 7 year old's face. I probably would have had to kick him out of the house if Purdue won.
I am a college basketball “hater” and it was great stuff.

The post game was the one part for Edey’s game that I didn’t think looked great. He ended up with a ton of points on good efficiency, but that was because he was able to get buckets out of PnR/Offensive rebounding/fouled on rebounds. That’s the stuff I think will translate well.

His post ups….idk. He is really reliant on turning over his left shoulder. When the hook shot goes in, it looks unstoppable, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s only making like 45% of those shots. Felt like after some initial makes Clingan got it down and Edey missed several in a row.

Like you said, I have a hard time seeing NBA coaches willing to make the post up game a large part of their offense.

The post game was the one part for Edey’s game that I didn’t think looked great. He ended up with a ton of points on good efficiency, but that was because he was able to get buckets out of PnR/Offensive rebounding/fouled on rebounds. That’s the stuff I think will translate well.

His post ups….idk. He is really reliant on turning over his left shoulder. When the hook shot goes in, it looks unstoppable, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s only making like 45% of those shots. Felt like after some initial makes Clingan got it down and Edey missed several in a row.

Like you said, I have a hard time seeing NBA coaches willing to make the post up game a large part of their offense.

I'm not sure what the average half court ppp is in the NBA vs NCAA, but I have a feeling that it is the difference between a post centric offense making sense vs not making sense.