What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I am looking for the next Nikola. Oh this draft is a dud so there is motivation to uncover things where the groupthink would overlook
I think it takes great determination to leave a team in China building around you and giving you long wealthy contracts to look for a place in the second round or even summer league roster.Cui dared to do that,and it’s worth our expectations.I think a reasonable comp. Is Yi Jianlian who played for the bucks a decade ago

Dang, that's super impressive. What is that 92.5% on NBA threes (I take this number from practice and divide by 2, lol, 46%) Quick release too. Yeah two guard. Pair him up with Key and see what happens. I read his scouting report that he has oversized hands. That's a recipe for an ISO game too.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/iQQYljwsMUc?si=yBQZsVCqujbCHjmw

I listened to a podcast where they mentioned Andre Drummond shoots 90% from 3 handles the rock like a guard and looks like a bigger Giannis at summer pick up games.

According to Hoopshype, the highest rated prospects the Jazz have worked out so far are Adem Bona and Dillon Jones.

Washington has worked out Clingan and Cody Williams. Reportedly, they'll take whomever is left between Sarr and Risacher. However, they may be investigating trade-back options.

Last edited:
I am getting my Yongxi 2024 chin tattoo tomorrow. It will match my Bilal eye facial tattoo pretty nicely.

Out of a billion people in China. One or two might be able to hoop.

I am getting my Yongxi 2024 chin tattoo tomorrow. It will match my Bilal eye facial tattoo pretty nicely.

Out of a billion people in China. One or two might be able to hoop.
I'm sure a lot can hoop, but who is training them? Who are they playing against? To be the best you have to go play against the best, and that's why America still holds a solid advantage over the rest of the world.

I'm sure a lot can hoop, but who is training them? Who are they playing against? To be the best you have to go play against the best, and that's why America still holds a solid advantage over the rest of the world.
True but still players do emerge occasionally in unexpected places. It would tickle me to see him succeed anywhere. In this downgraded draft, I expect one or two of the longshots to come out on top.

To me he plays like Shep but taller and longer.

The good news with the improve the roster path is that every other team in the west with the exception of maybe the blazers is also on that path so we could get better and still have a worse record. We can bank on the griz passing us. The news we are hearing about the spurs is they want to add win now pieces so the path to jumping us could be pretty easy with Wemby likely taking a pretty big step and added quality depth around him. All the teams ahead of us in the standings are firmly in win now mode so they will focus on win now pieces this offseason. Injuries always happen which will throw some teams into chaos but even if we add win now talent this offseason we are still probably in that bottom 5 of the west.
Could be. Also DA may not find the discount deals he loves to chase.

But the "sell all except for Lauri and tank intentionally" still isnt on the cards.. so kinda pointless to theorycraft around it.

Right now I want castle or Carter. Anything else seems like a bad idea. I guess I could be talked into Williams.

If the Jazz stay at #10, four of the following players should still be available (two will likely be gone):
  • Williams
  • Topic
  • Knecht
  • Dillingham
  • Carter
  • Holland
The assumption is that Risacher, Sarr, Clingan, Sheppard, Castle, Buzelis and Salaun will all go inside the top 10.

Back