What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Before I drafted Ware I would want to have a conversation with his past coaches to get the real scoop on his work ethic concerns. He has a lot of potential, but it will never be realized if he isn't committed to improving. With guys his height you always have to worry about them being thrown in to basketball instead of choosing it.
I wouldnt touch him at 10. I think he's an OK backup. He's just soft as hell. Any matchup with a NBA sized center in college and he got absolutely worked. If he's there at 29 and we didnt go big at 10, sure.

It's hilarious to me people are so enamored by his height, skill, and athleticism yet Edey absolutely took him to the woodshed every matchup.

I wouldnt touch him at 10. I think he's an OK backup. He's just soft as hell. Any matchup with a NBA sized center in college and he got absolutely worked. If he's there at 29 and we didnt go big at 10, sure.

It's hilarious to me people are so enamored by his height, skill, and athleticism yet Edey absolutely took him to the woodshed every matchup.
I no very little about him, all I see is his skill set, but if what you say is true I’ll pass

I wouldnt touch him at 10. I think he's an OK backup. He's just soft as hell.
Speaking of soft I remember during a game vs Spurs. At one point J. Collins, seemingly in awe and smiling sheepishly, says to Wemby "You're not from France, you're from Mars." Har har har John, save the camaraderie respect whatever for another time and knock his martian *** to the floor. Not to pick on John bc I do like him and hell it's Wemby.

Although I love kinecht's shooting, I think Devin Carter at 10 would be awesome. He's got some dawg in him on defense and is a great athlete, long arms and broke the record in the 3/4 sprint.

He's not draftable at 29 or 32. Maybe someone picks him up if he is willing to be stashed for a franchise.
To be honest... Ainge has picked some players to stash way too early, because he didn't have roster spots/didn't want to bring in too many young players before. If I remember correctly he picked Yabusele about 15-20 spots earlier than he was projected because he had an agreement with him that he would go play in China for a year. This one might be even easier to convince since he's Chinese to begin with - "we pick you at 32, but you stay home for another year... you OK with this?"

These are the players Locke narrowed in on as the 8 prospects at 10 for today's pod.

• Dillingham
  • Topic
  • Walter
  • Holland
  • Williams
  • Carter
  • Knecht
  • McCain

Topic
Carter
Knecht
Williams
Dillingham
McCain
Walter
Holland

Something like this... would be my preferred order...

To be honest... Ainge has picked some players to stash way too early, because he didn't have roster spots/didn't want to bring in too many young players before. If I remember correctly he picked Yabusele about 15-20 spots earlier than he was projected because he had an agreement with him that he would go play in China for a year. This one might be even easier to convince since he's Chinese to begin with - "we pick you at 32, but you stay home for another year... you OK with this?"
I would be shocked

Cody Williams had a nice interview with KOC. He said he walks around at 190 lbs, so it might have just been a bad day at the combine, maybe he tried to go in fasted to increase athletic numbers, or maybe he got sick leading up to the combine? Didn't really explain why such a huge difference between whatever day the interview happened (no idea when it was recorded) and the combine happened.

Definitely seems real humble and hard working.

Last edited:
Back