What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Question: if the jazz have a better record than say Atlanta who makes the play in game. Do they pick before Atl or after they get knocked out their record would allow them to draft before Utah? What if Atl won the play in?

Question: if the jazz have a better record than say Atlanta who makes the play in game. Do they pick before Atl or after they get knocked out their record would allow them to draft before Utah? What if Atl won the play in?

The two teams from each conference that lose the play in are in the lottery and ranked by record. If you make the play in, no lottery.

I found the answer. If you win the tournament you are out of the tournament. If you don't win you are automatically put into your spot according to your regular season record.

View: https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1757483649983738099

Pretty good for a guy some want you to believe is a bad defender

He looks much better moving. Though the back half of that video does show some drives that will absolutely be baskets at the next level. Always had good hands. I think he will be an average defender with some of the good outweighing the bad. The question is can he anchor a good defense in the nba. As a big if the answer is “no” it limits how much court time you can see. His shooting seems to have improved but his ft shooting is worrisome.

Overall he seems to be getting better. Maybe the double hip surgery really helped?

There's a decent amount of freshman who are starting to get more hype.

Guys like Furphy, KJ Lewis, Collin Murray Boyles

The depth of this draft will be determined by how many players view it being "weak" as an opportunity to enter early.

Add Cam Christie to that list. He is firmly entering the lottery conversation.

Add Cam Christie to that list. He is firmly entering the lottery conversation.
Uhh, no lmao. He's scored 20 points or over once all season and it was 20 points.

He's entered the getting drafted convo, but he's someone who I would think would go back to school

He looks much better moving. Though the back half of that video does show some drives that will absolutely be baskets at the next level. Always had good hands. I think he will be an average defender with some of the good outweighing the bad. The question is can he anchor a good defense in the nba. As a big if the answer is “no” it limits how much court time you can see. His shooting seems to have improved but his ft shooting is worrisome.

Overall he seems to be getting better. Maybe the double hip surgery really helped?
He's going to be a better overall defender than Taylor Hendricks. IQ matters a ton

Christie is having a surprising year for a guy who was largely ranked outside the top 100, but nothing about his output stands out as special. Feels more like a guy who could come out as an upperclassmen

Uhh, no lmao. He's scored 20 points or over once all season and it was 20 points.

He's entered the getting drafted convo, but he's someone who I would think would go back to school
Haha sure buddy. We all know if you don't score over 20 multiple times then you aren't ready to be drafted. It couldn't have anything to do with him being unselfish and playing within the team structure. He hasn't just entered the draft conversation. He is firmly in the mid 1st rd pick conversation.

fwiw I do joke about Flip but I probably end up having him on my board right around 9-12ish... just eyeballing it.

Haha sure buddy. We all know if you don't score over 20 multiple times then you aren't ready to be drafted. It couldn't have anything to do with him being unselfish and playing within the team structure. He hasn't just entered the draft conversation. He is firmly in the mid 1st rd pick conversation.
He isn't. I would be surprised if he was a first rounder.

If you can find me a freshman who went lottery who was ranked outside the top 100 with his highest scoring game being 20 points I will give you a cookie.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued by Kyshawn George. He's got a good handle and good shooting touch for a long guard/wing. He also has a nice defensive presence that should make him solid enough positionally. He's not an explosive athlete, but he's pretty fluid, has decent IQ and moves efficiently having years of experience playing in Europe. I'm not sure he'll make it to our later picks though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVLFU1BL9dc&t=133s