What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Wonder if we'd draft Bronny for LA to get protections removed on the 2027 pick and maybe get some extra. Just a thought I had.
Btw absolutely hilarious detail regarding this. The 3 team deal we made last season with Wolves and Lakers included a 2nd round pick for 2024 that the Lakers sent to Minny.

That 2nd rounder was the worse of WAS/MEM, which is now projected to be 36th.

So playfully saying.... the Lakers traded away Bronny to get DLo.

I like Sensabaugh, but I was all in on GG last year. Would’ve been an absolute steal for the Jazz. Too bad.

If they end up playing the young guys and dropping down far enough to keep their pick, I hope they consolidate assets to move up and get a guy who can come in and compete for the other spot on the wing to pair with Lauri.
IF Sensabaugh is healthy I expect him to be a NBA caliber offensive player.

Matas Buzelis has real playmaking ability that I think will translate to the next level. I've been critical of his physical presence, especially on defense, but he's improved a fair amount over the course of the season as GLI has worked with him. He's starting to emerge as a confident on-ball creator and shows some real feel, vision and timing with the ball in his hands. He should be able to work as a pretty high-level connective player while his body continues to mature and other aspects of his game continue to develop. Shooting is still somewhat a concern, but it's worth noting that a number of GLI prospects have struggled in the past, so we should look at a broader data sample.

The Jazz don't currently have a passer/creator at the wing like Matas, which would make him a good fit. His combination of size, fluidity and ball skills make him a pretty elite prospect, even if he's still physically undercooked.

Matas Buzelis has real playmaking ability that I think will translate to the next level. I've been critical of his physical presence, especially on defense, but he's improved a fair amount over the course of the season as GLI has worked with him. He's starting to emerge as a confident on-ball creator and shows some real feel, vision and timing with the ball in his hands. He should be able to work as a pretty high-level connective player while his body continues to mature and other aspects of his game continue to develop. Shooting is still somewhat a concern, but it's worth noting that a number of GLI prospects have struggled in the past, so we should look at a broader data sample.

The Jazz don't currently have a passer/creator at the wing like Matas, which would make him a good fit. His combination of size, fluidity and ball skills make him a pretty elite prospect, even if he's still physically undercooked.
Has it even translated at his current level? He averages more turnovers than assist.

Tyler Smith averages more assist and less turnovers per 36 minutes. Still crazy to me how political the Ignite team is. Buzelis/Holland going to get their starter level minutes no matter how bad they play and Smith is locked into the minutes behind them no matter how well he plays.

Collin Murry-Boyles might be the closest thing to a young Draymond we've seen since Draymond.

South Carolina is the 11th ranked team after being one of the worst SEC teams last year.

A lot of it is due to transfer portal, but CMB has been an advanced stats darling and big freshman standout ever since he started getting heavy minutes in SEC play.

Last edited: