What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Based on the highlight videos Klintman isn’t a vertical athlete. His shooting stroke looks good. Does anyone think he could guard wings? If not his upside is limited.

I liked Klintman a lot last year. Still interested, but he didnt progress as much as I would like.

He's 21 and still kind of raw. I think he's pretty comparable to Kuzma.

UTAH JAZZ
Topic is in the top five on a lot of draft boards, but he’s dealing with an injury so he’s been out of sight, out of mind, while some other prospects are thriving. Could he fall into Utah’s lap? Topic and Keyonte George could complement one another in the backcourt. Topic needs to iron out the wrinkles in his jumper, but George has already made great progress on that front during his rookie year. Together, the duo could be electric.

KOC writing like Sexton not in the future Jazz plans.

The Ringer put Sheppard at #1. I don't think it's crazy. As with Haliburton, I think we may be too concerned with the ability to translate and overlooking the talent/production.
Guess I wasn’t so crazy after all!!!

The Ringer put Stephon Castle at #4 in their latest mock. I'm going to be honest, I think Brice Sensabaugh is a better player. Brice is a more confident and versatile offensive player. His ability to get to his spots and create scoring opportunities for himself also opens up passing opportunities. He's able to use his bigger frame to compete for rebounds at a high level. So for me, the question becomes: how remarkable does Stephon Castle's defense need to be in order for the Jazz to want to play him ahead of Brice?

I guess we'll see what happens, but I'm not sure I'd make Castle a high priority if I'm the Jazz.

Looking at KOC's mock, Cody Williams would have to be hitting vape pens during workouts to fall to Atlanta at #11. I'm not buying this mock draft in general.

I have no problem drafting Ulrich Chomche in the top 10 if he kills his workouts. The Jazz need an advantage creator, someone who is a real cog, and outside the top few picks I'm not sure there is one in this draft. Ulrich has as much gravity as just about anyone in this class. The sample size on his shooting is tiny, but it's still encouraging.

His age and physical profile, including his 7'4" wingspan and 34" vertical, makes him like a slightly taller version of Derrick Favors. I wouldn't mind taking another swing at trying to develop that type of prospect. One of his greatest appeals is how hard he competes and how he outworks people. Not every big man has that kind of drive.

Last edited:
The Ringer put Stephon Castle at #4 in their latest mock. I'm going to be honest, I think Brice Sensabaugh is a better player. Brice is a more confident and versatile offensive player. His ability to get to his spots and create scoring opportunities for himself also opens up passing opportunities. He's able to use his bigger frame to compete for rebounds at a high level. So for me, the question becomes: how remarkable does Stephon Castle's defense need to be in order for the Jazz to want to play him ahead of Brice?

I guess we'll see what happens, but I'm not sure I'd make Castle a high priority if I'm the Jazz.

Wow, I don't agree with the way you look at this. If a guy can't play defense, it's extremely difficult to be a positive impact player in the NBA. Brice has been a little bit ok and a little bit awful on defense so far. I would say it's still a question mark whether or not he can be a good enough defender to get more than spot minutes on a good NBA team.

If a guy is a liability on defense, then he needs to not only be a great offensive player, but he has to be better than the other offensive players on the court to make a difference. In other words if Brice is on the floor with Lauri and Sexton he would have to be such a great offensive player that taking possessions out of their hands would make a positive impact. A great defensive player only needs to be average on offense to still be an impactful player in the NBA.

Famously you can only play one wing at a time, especially if they are skilled with the ball.

I completely disagree. I was a huge fan of Brice last year and if he stays healthy he has a very bright future here but that doesn't mean that we don't desperately need a guy like Castle. Defensively he is that good but also offensively he is pretty damn good and can play 3 positions comfortably. There shouldn't be a decision of having to choose Castle or Brice for minutes with the position versatility that Castle brings to the table. There are plenty of minutes to go around with hopefully Clarkson and Dunn out of the rotation.

Justin Zanik said he had grown into a top 50 player. Make what you want of that. So if they do move him I’d expect it to be for a lot. Even if they took Topic you could see what you had before making major roster decisions. Plenty of duos were theoretically electric but one player or the other was a disappointment .