What's new

#39- Jazz @ Denver 5 January 2018- Our Most Desperate Hour

mellow

7pm MTN at the Pepsi Center

Utah is 16-22, 3-15 on the Road.
Denver is 20-17, 13-4 at home.

Utah is 3-7 in there last ten, strangely their three victories came against Cleveland, San Antonio, and Boston.

Denver is 5-5 in their last ten. They beat the Jazz soundly on Dec 26, 107-83.

This is the fourth and final season meeting between the two teams. The Jazz lead the series 2-1.

Will this be the last stop for the Playoff Bus?

The Jazz are currently in the 10th spot in the west. They are 3.5 games behind
the 8th spot and 4.5 games behind Denver in the 6th spot.

They are also 3.5 games out of 12th spot in the west, or in other words, out of the playoffs but stuck at the back of the Lottery Sweepstakes.

Denver, Portland and New Orleans hold the last three playoff spots in the west, they are on pace to win 43-44 games. To overtake them the Jazz would have to go 29-15 to finish out the season. Winning the season series may be critical.

Donovan Mitchell and Pepsi--Two of my favorite things. Buckle-up Jazzfans, its gametime!

Enough of being tortured by the dangling carrot of the playoffs. Fingers crossed we play well, it's a close game, Donovan continues to play well and get good experience, and we lose. Every draft position counts.

Good thread title OP.

Wait, we are only 3-7 in our last 10 games? How? Rudy has missed those games so we should have a much better record than that right? I mean the jazz are better without him and he has to go.

I'll have the popcorn and heinkens ready

Who's gonna get dunked on? Their wing Gary Harris has been having a good season, I bet if we hold him down we get the win

It would be different if, like Winston Churchill, we had a sort of will to win. A darkest hour is only possible if there is a dawn coming.....

players who show up to do their best are the ones to keep.

Wait, we are only 3-7 in our last 10 games? How? Rudy has missed those games so we should have a much better record than that right? I mean the jazz are better without him and he has to go.

Did you forget to wrap that with sarcasm? [src][/src]

Anyway, I partially agree with your sentiment, the trouble is the Jazz are only 6-12 in games Rudy played in, including the Boston win in which he played only a few minutes. Maybe the moral of the story is that a players value cannot be judged by team record, especially on this particular eclectic assemblage of players we call our Utah Jazz.

Last edited:
Jazz have played terrible defense on the road. Gobert would change that.

Being a jazz fan now means assuming your players will spend a large chunk of the season hurt. Losing exum really sucked this year. Losing Gobert for this much time really sucks.

Jazz can't properly evaluate their team with these injuries. It makes free agency, draft choices and trades more of a guess than it should be.

Everything happens for a reason. Lyles in the doghouse led us to Mitchell. Hayward leaving and Exum's injury led to Mitchell minutes. Gobert injury led to Favors upping his trade value.

Pretty soon, Favors trade will lead to O'Neal and Jerekbo minutes. Assets from Favors trade and our poor season will lead to a good draft pick.

A good draft pick and a healthy Gobert and Exum with more experienced O'Neal and Jerekbo will lead us to incredible stability going forward.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazz really need this win tonight and they it’s there for the taking, the Jazz are good enough to beat the Nuggets. Either way, Donovan, Donovan, Donovan.

Also Hood must have an okay night tonight, it’s time for him to have a turn around Game.

It's all about Donovan. The entire fabled "championship window" begins and ends there. Meaning it's going to take a few years to even begin dreaming about that and THAT is contingent on developing well right now. So, DM.

Everything happens for a reason. Lyles in the doghouse led us to Mitchell. Hayward leaving and Exum's injury led to Mitchell minutes. Gobert injury led to Favors upping his trade value.

Pretty soon, Favors trade will lead to O'Neal and Jerekbo minutes. Assets from Favors trade and our poor season will lead to a good draft pick.

A good draft pick and a healthy Gobert and Exum with more experienced O'Neal and Jerekbo will lead us to incredible stability going forward.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Here is the deal with Favs... you are getting a second for him unless you take on bad salary. The market for big guys is relatively non-existent and his salary is big enough that matching doesn't always work.

I think we trade him as basically just expiring salary or for a 2nd to do him a favor. Otherwise I think he eventually comes off the bench.

So I have some kind of flu..... wife says I got it in CA somehow, brought it home. I have to sit still for a while, close to the can. Damn. No excuse for not watching the Jazz Nuggets game tonight.

OK, given I'm archaic about everything, where can you see this game?

Idk why it’s such a big deal if we get lottery balls instead of getting destroyed by 30 points for 4 games against the Warriors.

You don’t have to root for a tank, but don’t base any of your enjoyment on the W/L record. This season is all about Mitchell and seeing how everyone plays with him. Wins come later.

Here is the deal with Favs... you are getting a second for him unless you take on bad salary. The market for big guys is relatively non-existent and his salary is big enough that matching doesn't always work.

I think we trade him as basically just expiring salary or for a 2nd to do him a favor. Otherwise I think he eventually comes off the bench.
If those are the options, then I keep him at the deadline and play start Gobert and Favors together for the rest of the year hoping for a little Wasatch Front magic to finish out the season (I’d also start Jingles, Hood and Mitchell - but that’s a different conversation). I’d try to extend him reasonably, but if we couldn’t come to terms I’d offer to do any reasonable sign and trade in the offseason to give him more options and hopefully get an asset out of it. Jazz are better off trying to make it work and hoping for the best instead of taking back trash.

Idk why it’s such a big deal if we get lottery balls instead of getting destroyed by 30 points for 4 games against the Warriors.

You don’t have to root for a tank, but don’t base any of your enjoyment on the W/L record. This season is all about Mitchell and seeing how everyone plays with him. Wins come later.
We may match against Houston. Those guys are structured to collapse hard in the playoffs.

dudes.....the truth is we aren't very good. The good news is we own our pick(lol lakers dont) and there are some talented pieces there in the draft. We have rudy for 4yrs and donovan for 6, if we get a durrant type of player we're in the hunt. Leapfrogs us into contention....We need that piece and getting sacraficed in the playoffs is not going to help our cause.