What's new

4/15 - Jazz at Rockets - 6 PM Mountain Time

nightmare3983

First BF League CHAMP
Contributor
Game 82 - 4/15 - Jazz at Rockets - 6 PM Mountain Time

IT ALL ENDS TONIGHT!!!!

5 1/2 months ago, the Jazz started a new era.

One of the last remaining links to the KOC-Jerry Sloan era,

34023889.jpg

had moved on when the Jazz decided to go another direction.

snyder4115mov-3561604-6.576x324.jpg

arrived, ready to push the team in the right direction and help the players fulfill their potential.

We were treated to some early-season magic against the Cavs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUY8KWiJjGk

Trey Burke drained a buzzer-beater to sink the Knicks as well. Sadly only one video can be in a single post.

One early memorable moment involved Coach Q earning a T and then screaming at the team to WAKE UP in a game against the Thunder, who were playing without KD and Westbrook.

Story.jpg

He didn't just wake up the players, who went on to win the game 98-81. He woke up all of

utahjazznationrevised-1024x320.jpg

In spite of the fire Coach Q tried to light, after the Wake Up game, the Jazz would go on to lose 9 straight.

2qi5y1h.png

Things started to come together on the annual pre-Christmas road trip. The Jazz went 3-3 with only one game when they got thoroughly outplayed from start to finish.

As the season progressed, a couple of things happened. The defensive steadily improved from month to month. One tall reason for that was the emergence of The Stifle Tower.

rudy-gobert-clippers1.jpg

in.jpg

Sadly, in December it was announced that

Alec-Burks.jpg

Would undergo shoulder surgery and miss the rest of the season.

Of course, the real drama unfolded right before the All-Star break.

A certain former Jazz player publicly expressed his desire to be traded following the last Jazz game before the break. The Jazz granted his wish, giving Rudy the chance to be the full-time starter.

To be continued...

Last edited:
Could this be Hood tonight? Maybe Exum?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K6w5DnKdfw

And will this be the last Jazz game for Jeremy Evans? I'll be sad to see him go.

This is sad and so freaking exciting. I'm so pumped to see Hood and Exum in the summer league. I want to see if Hood can look like Deron in his second summer league: dominant. I want to see if Exum looks like a rookie out there (remember, this is Exum's RS year. His "rookie" year is next year).

Then, I'm pumped to watch Favors become an All Star, Gobert defensive player of the year, and Hayward get more and more efficient.

But it always sucks to have the season end.

After turning some heads during the Rising Stars Challenge,

021415_gobert.jpg

Rudy and the Jazz went on a defensive tear, registering a defensive rating of 94.2, easily the best in the league after the All-Star break.

Let's not forget the joy that we feel when we see one of these:

https://vine.co/v/O0HTOUDv15P

(Click the link. You KNOW you want to.)

The Jazz have a record of 19-9 since the break, with one of the more memorable wins happening on March 28 against the Thunder, when that former player made his return. He delivered some disparaging remarks toward the Jazz organization after that morning's shootaround, and the fans let him hear their displeasure while he ate it up:

032915_kanter.jpg

The former Jazzman got his numbers , but the Jazz got the W:

10ngkt5.png

Some of the post-game comments were fun, with

trevor-booker.jpg

confirming he wanted to kick the former player's butt, and

1eb6dc2846d45942a86592ad27886f17.jpg

actually calling him "a former player" rather than by name.

Another story down the stretch of the season is one

8251884.jpg

who has been (mostly) healthy since the All-Star break after being plagued by foot issues earlier in the season. With G-Time resting and sitting out a few games late in the season, Rodney has made the most of his extended playing time, getting us excited about his future.

Even

8190234.jpg

has played with more aggression than earlier in the season.

In a nod to homeytennis, the Jazz have used the D-League a lot this season. At this time, 5 players on the Jazz roster have played in the D-League season, with with all of them other than Grant Jerrett not being on an NBA roster during their D-League time.

Jack Cooley had a spectacular block that earned him a Rudy Salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSGzy7DuTq8

Bryce Cotton had an epic dunk:

9sz96w.gif

Chris Johnson and Elijah Millsap have had their moments as well.

Bravo, Nightmare. That just got me even more pumped up than I normally am on the Jazz. **** yeah! Gonna rip throats out next season.

Damn nightmare......... mk11 would be jealous of this thread.

Probably best of all time. Needs some hot chicks though. Maybe a pick of that slut that wears all teams gear. (the thick readhead with freckles)

I love the salute!!!
Hope we see one tonight. would be awesome if he gave the fans in esa a salute.

I don't care. I want a Jazz win! I detest the Rockets and I want the Jazz to send them into the post season against the best team possible.

Go Jazz!!

Personally I hope these are the guys on next years team: Gobert, Favors, Booker, Hayward, Hood, Burks, Millsap, Ingles, Exum and Cotton.

It wasn't always pretty in the first couple of months, but overall, it's been one heck of a season.

Gordon has improved his hair as well as his b-ball game:

days_of_nba_lives_wherein_gordon_hayward_knows_what_fans_want.jpg

utah_jazz_gordon_hayward_beard.jpg

we-are-utah-jazz.jpg

has elevated his game and just been awesome in his under-the-radar way. Look at the company he (and Rudy) are in!

nh12j9.png

One last game remains.

I'm not sure who owns all the tiebreakers, but the

Houston_Rockets_logo_2.gif

are battling for playoff position.

I expect

Harden.jpg

to have a big night.

Who'll even be playing tonight for the Jazz? Who knows. But a few things are certain. It's been a great year, and I'm already excited for next season. Finally, I want some discounted Papa John's pizza tomorrow. So let's get that last W!

utah-jazz.jpg

Freaking finals.

I'll have to try and tune in for the 4th quarter.

I would absolutely love for the Jazz to take a steamy **** on this Rockets team (as always). **** Houston.

I think if we win this game we tie with Phoenix. Must lose. Shouldn't be hard because Houston probably wants to win.