What's new

76ers match Jazz's offer and will keep Paul Reed

It was creative by DA, foshu, but I don't think it made much sense. He would have been gone after one year. 8 mil feels over market price for one year. I'd rather give the time to Hendricks.
At least Philly's going to be paying the Jazz some cap space money. Ha ha

Can’t believe they matched lol, I believe this puts them over the tax? It will cost the sooo much money.

Personally, I think the Jazz should find a traditional point. I know they are building a roster that tries to be positionless. It seems that having 1 guy who can run an offense even coming off the bench would be very valuable.

It was a good effort. Now the jazz need to pivot to the next target. Either another RFA, or just offer one of the few unrestricted guys still worth a good offer.

Personally, I think the Jazz should find a traditional point. I know they are building a roster that tries to be positionless. It seems that having 1 guy who can run an offense even coming off the bench would be very valuable.
They might just believe they already have that guy in Dunn.

The fan sentiment was so overwhelmingly pro match I assumed it would happen.

Was kind of excited to see him, but was really confused to how he would actually get minutes with Olynyk on the roster.

I'm sure Utah legitimately wanted him, but I also think this was kind of just them doing something they assumed the Sixers would match given the provisions around it

The fan sentiment was so overwhelmingly pro match I assumed it would happen.

Was kind of excited to see him, but was really confused to how he would actually get minutes with Olynyk on the roster.

I'm sure Utah legitimately wanted him, but I also think this was kind of just them doing something they assumed the Sixers would match given the provisions around it
I'm pretty sure that Reed would have allowed Utah to more easily move Olynyk. Not that they still can't, but yeah.

I'm actually a bit surprised they matched. Snagging Bamba and Harrell seemed to signal they were ready to move on, but that's 4 Centers on roster now? I get Morey was a bit pigeonholed, but wow.

I'm pretty sure that Reed would have allowed Utah to more easily move Olynyk. Not that they still can't, but yeah.

I'm actually a bit surprised they matched. Snagging Bamba and Harrell seemed to signal they were ready to move on, but that's 4 Centers on roster now? I get Morey was a bit pigeonholed, but wow.
Bamba is a 3rd string big and Harrell is washed and probably just a vet

My favorite part of the whole thing is that we were incented by the league to send out this offer. $600,000 richer for having screwed with the 76rs. We SHOULD have done it with Reaves as well. Missed opportunity. That one would have limited the Lakers more AND it would have been more lucrative. Call me petty, but many billionaires are too stingy to pick up a tab at lunch time so that part just makes me giggle.

Last edited: