What's new

(9-8) Kings @ (8-9) Jazz - Gamethread

dude the thing i'm most worried about is the lack of hustle and force we're playing with defensively .. i'm sure our offense will improve but the D is really worrying .. i'm hoping it's just fatigue but we just look slow af and disinterested.

And you're right i do need to get laid .. can you tell my wife ? tia

Our effort was *** tonight... so many rebounds and lose balls... we just stare at em.

Quin also needs to have some stones and adjust....

WTF was up with Neto minutes... gave up 5 easy points... did nothing else... didn’t have anyone he could matchup with at all,

Mitchell and Shumpert had an exchange on Twitter..

Mitchell's tweet is referencing Shumpert's wife..Teyana Taylor, whos a recording artist who had an album "Keep that same energy"

@imanshumpert

Iman. Retweeted Donovan Mitchell

Well it's actually... *Keep That Same Energy after that 7 song masterpiece dropped. I didnt sign up for anything but war bruh you know that. #purpletalk

This seems to be the play that sparked it.

Last edited:
Kings played so well, and got all the loose balls, key rebounds etc.
That franchise is on the rebound. Props to their fan base who stuck through
the darkness.

We are in a funk. We are not elite. Still a lot of talent, but it looks like we clearly need a number 2 elite scorer with Donovan if we ever are going to contend.

Bump.
When did you EVER think Jazz would be worse than the Kings?
Divacs running circles around Dennis Lindsey who has given the Jazz one of the worst benches in the NBA and a giant sucking hole at the 4.
Lindsey should be taken out behind the shed and replaced by a GM who does more than cash a paycheck. Heck, does anyone even know what Dennis does with all his spare time? On-line poker? Bingo with the old ladies? Give me the job for half the pay. Real easy to replace Jerebko with Niang and Stockton with Allen. Next year I'm going to re-sign Favors and Neto, and replace Udoh and Thabo with Naz and a draft pick. Done! See how easy it is to be a Jazz GM?
And spending 6mil a year is apparently too much for DL's taste.
4652-3016fef7704535d5d5012d234c068f3f.jpg

Hate to say it, but Rudy doesn't fit today's game. He needs to play under the basket on both ends of the floor. We've had success in the past slowing the game down so he could do that and frustrated the crap of high powered offenses. We were a unicorn as such and built our system to be this outlier of teams. Other teams were building offense. We built defense and stayed with the Rudy/Favors combo.

Well the league evolved and we were left with a flat footed defensive team.

Lindsey didn't evolve the team along. Instead he rested believing that the defense that brought us forward in the past, was still going to be our m.o. going forward. The league passed him by though. The only way for him to go now, is out.

When i watch the games i see issues the schedule wont magically fix.

Lindsey has done a great job collecting a rag tag bunch of cast aways. Quin is brilliant putting the castaways in positions to succeed but ultimately. ..

Rubio cant shoot, Donovan is a little too short, Joe is a slow, Favors is better suited for another decade and Rudy's offense range is limited to 5-ft.

Overachieving feels good. We love these stories, but it is usually not sustainable .

When i watch the games i see issues the schedule wont magically fix.

Lindsey has done a great job collecting a rag tag bunch of cast aways. Quin is brilliant putting the castaways in positions to succeed but ultimately. ..

Rubio cant shoot, Donovan is a little too short, Joe is a slow, Favors is better suited for another decade and Rudy's offense range is limited to 5-ft.

Overachieving feels good. We love these stories, but it is usually not sustainable .

Donovan is amazing. We don't have to cry about everything.

Donovan is amazing. We don't have to cry about everything.

He needs to be the point guard... as a pg he has elite size... as a 2 he is undersized. I know it doesn’t always go well but the best future version of this team includes DM as a pg... so let him develop it.

Either way he is amazing. He played well last night.

He needs to be the point guard... as a pg he has elite size... as a 2 he is undersized. I know it doesn’t always go well but the best future version of this team includes DM as a pg... so let him develop it.

Either way he is amazing. He played well last night.

I know. We've talked about this. I argued for it with Cy. But mellow didn't say that. He just said he was too short. When in reality, he's one of the best young guards in the NBA, who can develop into an MVP candidate.

I know. We've talked about this. I argued for it with Cy. But mellow didn't say that. He just said he was too short. When in reality, he's one of the best young guards in the NBA, who can develop into an MVP candidate.

I know you are team DMPG.... prolly should have responded to @mellow

DM is good and playing better. He’s routinely guarded by the Shumperts of the world because you can hide the pg or worse defender on Ricky. If we had say Tim Hardaway Jr. then a more liked size defender ends up on DM. Ricky is in the bottom 1/3 of the league in pick and roll efficiency... so he’s not great on ball, sucks off ball, and he’s good on defense but then DM ends up guarding someone bigger than he is... I don’t know I’d DM and AB is great but we should be trying it to see what it looks like.

Also we are the only team starting two traditional non-shooting bigs. Like this stuff isn’t rocket surgery... I wonder if DL still has dial-up in his office?

The whole team should be built to complement DM and Rudy... how many good fitting parts are there? How many terrible fits? There is so much low hanging fruit we continue to pass on.

Bump.
When did you EVER think Jazz would be worse than the Kings?
Divacs running circles around Dennis Lindsey who has given the Jazz one of the worst benches in the NBA and a giant sucking hole at the 4.
Lindsey should be taken out behind the shed and replaced by a GM who does more than cash a paycheck. Heck, does anyone even know what Dennis does with all his spare time? On-line poker? Bingo with the old ladies? Give me the job for half the pay. Real easy to replace Jerebko with Niang and Stockton with Allen. Next year I'm going to re-sign Favors and Neto, and replace Udoh and Thabo with Naz and a draft pick. Done! See how easy it is to be a Jazz GM?

good call! the way this game started out I knew that spread would be busted. I'm prettty sure the Kings have only been favored in one game all season, yet they have 10 wins.

Divac is running circles around a lot of GM's.

I've said for years here that I believe Lindsey is getting way too much benefit of the doubt, and between he and QS, Lindsey is the weak-link.

I've also said the same thing as you, give me the job I'd have done better and u coulda paid me in sour patch kids.

I didn't realize this but these teams play again on Sunday and Sacramento will be in the 2nd part of a back-to-back after facing the Warriors.

Anyone who showed up to my GT to complain about the thread quality, make the GT on Saturday or I'm going to. You've been warned...

True. Regardless, we should have traded Hayward the summer before his last year. Sure, we made the 2nd round, but we could have gotten some nice assets.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I didn't realize this but these teams play again on Sunday and Sacramento will be in the 2nd part of a back-to-back after facing the Warriors.

Anyone who showed up to my GT to complain about the thread quality, make the GT on Saturday or I'm going to. You've been warned...

Can you at least be more pro-Jazz in your game threads? This is a Jazz forum after all, not a Kings' forum.