What's new

(9-8) Kings @ (8-9) Jazz - Gamethread

The worst part of all this is Gilles has something positive to look forward to. The kings are trending in the right direction. Had to suck for a really, really, really long time, but here is the payoff. An exciting young team that most likely becomes a fringe playoff team.

The worst part of all this is Gilles has something positive to look forward to. The kings are trending in the right direction. Had to suck for a really, really, really long time, but here is the payoff. An exciting young team that most likely becomes a fringe playoff team.
Every basketball season that starts i have lets say, several hundred positive stories I hope to track and look forward to. Thats what its all about. It's not about being right, or even winning tons of easy $$$ betting... Or even winning. I think winning is way ****ing overrated tbh.

My birthday is october 25th and every year for as long as I can remember, by far my favorite gift is the start of the season. The only news I really keep track of these days is basketball news....

The fact that Andrew Jones of Texas has recovered from leukemia and is back on the floor trumps all other success stories this season for me, and I made the biggest bet I've ever made on the Kings going over 25.5 wins... Once I bet on the Trailblazers over 27½ and they made the playoffs and covered the # before the ASB, this seems a lot like that to me... It's not really about the $$$ tho, the coolest thing about the Kings this year is De'Aaron Fox. He's who I thought he was gonna be, he's the rising tide that lifts all boats for them...

Every basketball season that starts i have lets say, several hundred positive stories I hope to track and look forward to. Thats what its all about. It's not about being right, or even winning tons of easy $$$ betting... Or even winning. I think winning is way ****ing overrated tbh.

My birthday is october 25th and every year for as long as I can remember, by far my favorite gift is the start of the season. The only news I really keep track of these days is basketball news....

The fact that Andrew Jones of Texas has recovered from leukemia and is back on the floor trumps all other success stories this season for me, and I made the biggest bet I've ever made on the Kings going over 25.5 wins... Once I bet on the Trailblazers over 27½ and they made the playoffs and covered the # before the ASB, this seems a lot like that to me... It's not really about the $$$ tho, the coolest thing about the Kings this year is De'Aaron Fox. He's who I thought he was gonna be, he's the rising tide that lifts all boats for them...
I agree that winning isn't everything, but to know you have a team on the rise with chance to turn it around sure makes sports more enjoyable. I'm actually really happy for Sacto fans. They have endured a lot and hopefully they are on the cusp of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Just bummed on this occasion it was at the Jazz's expense.

kings are solid this year vlade saved his job because that trade they made for that pick with the celtics was a disaster.

At some point we need to stop blaming this team and maybe look at the league. Sacramento is a damn good team in 2018’s nba. They have shooters, all their bigs have length and run like deer, and Fox has elite athleticism.

I think this is less about us and more about the league right now. Everyone is scoring 60+ per half and 110+ per game. Every game now has the pace of a nba all star game. The 2005 suns with amare, Joe Johnson, and Nash would be an average scoring team with as fast as teams are playing right now.

Maybe by mid season teams will be worn out?

But if not, the league will have just passed a lot of teams by.

I don’t think the jazz are any worse than last year. But I’m also not sure if we can keep up with a league that has jumped so much in one year with pace of play. I read that the pelicans led the league last year in pace. Their exact same statistics would be good for only 14th this year.

Everyone is copying the warriors and honestly, a lot of teams have done a better job than us.

If the games were called like they typically are in the playoffs, I think you’d suddenly see lower scoring games and a much more dominant jazz. But with the pace being played these days, teams are scoring before Rudy can even cross half court. Multiple Times Sacramento was scoring today with 15+ on the shot clock. Unbelievable pace. Same with the pacers. Same with Dallas. The pace that teams are playing right now is just insane.

Pace isn't correlated to wins. Memphis and Denver are both are near the bottom and have been excellent this year. Atlanta and Washington are near the top in pace, and terrible.
A lot of teams are trying to up the pace, including the Jazz, but don't have the shooters to cash in on it. Memphis is the slowest pace team in the league, with a lumbering Gasol, and are successful. They know who they are. They are going to grind you to death. The Jazz was this team 2 years ago, and won 51 games. That's a real good number out west for not having a superstar. Seems like we are trying to be something we're not, and failing.

Pace isn't correlated to wins. Memphis and Denver are both are near the bottom and have been excellent this year. Atlanta and Washington are near the top in pace, and terrible.
A lot of teams are trying to up the pace, including the Jazz, but don't have the shooters to cash in on it. Memphis is the slowest pace team in the league, with a lumbering Gasol, and are successful. They know who they are. They are going to grind you to death. The Jazz was this team 2 years ago, and won 51 games. That's a real good number out west for not having a superstar. Seems like we are trying to be something we're not, and failing.
So I agree that upping the pace to up the pace is stupid. I think the solution to beating the good uptempo teams/elite offensive teams is to limit their chances to score and force them to play a lot of defense that they don’t want to.

What I would point out, however, is that the Jazz two years ago could spread the floor (even though that was largely serendipity from Favors being injured) and this one cannot. A team without shooting playing against a set defense is a recipe for disaster.

I would like to get back to a half-court team that no one wants to play.

Kings are the 2017/18 Jazz.
Not even close, the Kings are a middling team in ORTG and DRTG and actually have a negative net rating. When they win, they win close, but when they lose they're prone to getting blown out.

I'd be willing to bet that when we're 75% of the way through the season that the Kings won't have as good of a record as they do now and I would be shocked if they were still in playoff contention.