What's new

A Big Move on the Horizon?

Knicks just don't get enough for Melo here. They definitely can get more.

I don't think they really want much for Melo, but I also dont think they want to take back salary for more than a year too. I dont think they would want Shump w/ 2 years left on his deal.

I like this off-season signings a lot so far given the circumstances, i.e. Hayward wasting all the time until all best FAs are gone.
DM, Udoh, Jerebko.. Solid additions at great prices.
Not sure why we signed Thabo tho. Besides his contract is bigger than Jerebko and Udoh's.

Why would we give up a 2018 pick when the rest of our team are not anywhere near ready to contend????

I think if you get Love you have to be ready to give up a first round pick.

Rubio
Hood
Ingles
Love
Gobert

+ a lot of bench depth would challenge for a top 4 seed and possibly 60 wins.

I like this off-season signings a lot so far given the circumstances, i.e. Hayward wasting all the time until all best FAs are gone.
DM, Udoh, Jerebko.. Solid additions at great prices.
Not sure why we signed Thabo tho. Besides his contract is bigger than Jerebko and Udoh's.

Uhh, we had 1 player capable of presenting any kind of coverage on the elite SF's on the entire roster (Ingles). If you didnt notice, the West just added Jimmy Butler and Paul George, while already having dudes like KD and Kawhi. We need Sefolosha way more than Jerebeko or Udoh IMO.

Knicks just don't get enough for Melo here. They definitely can get more.

Houston doesn't have a 2018 1st and HAVE to trade Anderson to make room for Melo. I don't see anything that NY wants from Houston and don't see anybody else giving up an asset to take Anderson's contract.

So in other words, tons of savings and a 2018 pick is better than anything Houston can provide.

Uhh, we had 1 player capable of presenting any kind of coverage on the elite SF's on the entire roster (Ingles). If you didnt notice, the West just added Jimmy Butler and Paul George, while already having dudes like KD and Kawhi. We need Sefolosha way more than Jerebeko or Udoh IMO.

Yes, Sefolosha was #5 in defensive RPM last year (Gobert was #3) so he should bring great defensive value. Don't underestimate him guys.

I don't think they really want much for Melo, but I also dont think they want to take back salary for more than a year too. I dont think they would want Shump w/ 2 years left on his deal.

So if NY didn't want Shumpert, they can get Taveres and Frye instead:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycr85tmo

Cleveland would probably give up another pick in the future if they got to get Favors, Melo while keeping Shumpert. The Cavs would be stacked....

I'll just say this about Favors. Whenever DL talks about the future of this team, he includes Favors in it. Not saying he can't be upgraded if the right trade came along, but DL never includes Burks, Diaw, Neto etc... Don't think Favors is getting moved.

So if NY didn't want Shumpert, they can get Taveres and Frye instead:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycr85tmo

Cleveland would probably give up another pick in the future if they got to get Favors, Melo while keeping Shumpert. The Cavs would be stacked....

I think this is too rich for the Cavs. They are in the repeater tax and that is adding a ton of money on the books when they have signaled some desire to shed salary. Plus Favors makes no sense with TT in place. Redundant skill sets, they need perimeter defenders who can also shoot.

I still think a 4-way trade like this makes more sense (while ofc the likelihood of anything happening are small in 4-way trades): http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y92w8dt2

Cavs get depth and perimeter defenders they need to contend with GSW. They do add salary which contradicts what I said earlier, but I think it's less than your trades.

NYK gets Favors to pair with Melo (all 3 of the other dudes are non-guaranteed). I think they would also get a pick from Utah?

Houston gets the star power they desire with Melo. I also threw in Shumpert to make up for the loss of Ariza.

Utah gets Love.

I think if a trade happens it's likely going to be Diaw and possibly Bolomboy going.

A Favors trade is possible but the problem is I don't see what we would get in return for him that makes sense for us. I don't think DL would ship Favs off for lesser pieces because we are still trying to be competitive. The question becomes who can we get that's worth doing a deal? I don't think Love gets traded. Melo isn't coming here. I don't think Anderson's contract is something that would excite DL. Lamarcus Aldridge is too old for our core. And looking around the rest of the league I don't see a significant player that makes sense for us and might be available. Maybe Tobias Harris or Wilson Chandler? Those are the only two that would kind of work. But I don't think Detroit or Denver are dying for Favors.

I just don't buy the idea that Cleveland is just itching to get rid of Love, even if for Melo and Favors (which doesn't seem very realistic on its face). I'll be happy to eat my words if need be, but I'd think they're looking to add to what they have with Love, not make moves that are at best lateral with the vague hope that somehow the fit is better.

I think this is too rich for the Cavs. They are in the repeater tax and that is adding a ton of money on the books when they have signaled some desire to shed salary. Plus Favors makes no sense with TT in place. Redundant skill sets, they need perimeter defenders who can also shoot.

I still think a 4-way trade like this makes more sense (while ofc the likelihood of anything happening are small in 4-way trades): http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y92w8dt2

Cavs get depth and perimeter defenders they need to contend with GSW. They do add salary which contradicts what I said earlier, but I think it's less than your trades.

NYK gets Favors to pair with Melo (all 3 of the other dudes are non-guaranteed). I think they would also get a pick from Utah?

Houston gets the star power they desire with Melo. I also threw in Shumpert to make up for the loss of Ariza.

Utah gets Love.

I agree to a certain extent. But then again, this might be the last hurrah to make LBJ happy before he could go to LA. Cavs have to go all in.

Also, I think LBJ would be pissed if Cleveland helped Houston get his buddy to Houston instead of with him at Cleveland. It would have been like helping OKC land Paul George and hoping Hayward is still happy here.

I agree to a certain extent. But then again, this might be the last hurrah to make LBJ happy before he could go to LA. Cavs have to go all in.

Also, I think LBJ would be pissed if Cleveland helped Houston get his buddy to Houston instead of with him at Cleveland. It would have been like helping OKC land Paul George and hoping Hayward is still happy here.

I dont think Lebron cares that much about Carmello lmao. They know Love is better, so essentially swapping the two does nothing. The answer is either stay the course w/ Love or trade Love for better perimeter depth since Love is tough to use against the Warriors w/ the way the Cavs play.

The basis of your whole theory is "Lebron wants to play w/ his friend" when it's been reported Lebron hasnt even been trying to recruit players to the Cavs and Cavs players actually told Jimmy Butler (reportedly) to stay away from Cleveland.

Favors is very likely to walk at the end of this season, like Gordon Hayward just did. He'll have interest from at least a half dozen teams. He can be a starting center in the EC and be featured more than he is in Utah. Favors also wants a big payday and Utah's cash is going to be tight, given that both Hood and Exum are up for extensions. Trading Favors makes a lot of sense.

It also goes without saying that a bunch of playoff teams would love to have Joe Johnson coming off their bench. Joe no longer fits the Jazz's development timeline.

I think LBJ would be pissed if Cleveland helped Houston get his buddy Melo instead of just bringing him to Cleveland.

Love to Utah
Melo to Cleveland
Favors, Diaw and our 2018 1st to NY

I would bet LBJ would rather have Melo than Love

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Mello wants out an will leave for nothing next summer. NY gets little to nothing in return here. They can have Diaw, salary filler an a second rounder. They're welcome.

It's impossible to predict 3-team and 4-team trades. It means just about any team and any player can be involved.

All we know is that NY wants young players and picks for Melo. They're motivated to move him.

Houston wants Melo this summer, and Melo will waive his NTC for Houston. Someone has to take Ryan Anderson's ****ty deal, and should probably get pick compensation to do it.

The next part is impossible to predict.

Phoenix may be willing to move Bledsoe, but they still need a young PG.

A bunch of teams, both young and veteran, could use Derrick Favors.

Chicago could move Dwayne Wade, but that's another ****ty contract someone would have to eat.