What's new

A thought about Gobert

I think he needs to work on his hands the most. But our passers need to stop trying to throw it through traffic and telegraphing the play for hell's sake.

Offensively he needs to work on using the backboard. Layups, short push shots, whatever, will be far more effective if he learns to use the backboard.

Oh and I want to see him learn to seal off smaller players under the rim on switches, then aggressively going at the rim. He should get tons of points on simple dunks off switches.

gobert looked so bad vs the rockets. No idea wtf happened to him, b/c usually he goes up strong but he was going up in slow mo and making errand plays. It was almost as if he didn't even want to be out there. P.S. I'm a huge gobert fan and I hope he takes that rocket series and gets really pissed and comes back stronger.

I think he needs to work on his hands the most. But our passers need to stop trying to throw it through traffic and telegraphing the play for hell's sake.

Offensively he needs to work on using the backboard. Layups, short push shots, whatever, will be far more effective if he learns to use the backboard.

I grew up loving Kareem and practicing the hook shot, i think Rudy's hands are probably the biggest barrier to him developing a decent hook, its a touch shot.

i play at lunch with the soldiers here on the base i work on.

im an older dude in a pretty good shape. sometimes its hard to hang with 20 year old guys who are physical monsters.

i have a legendary sky hook ive mastered to get my shot over these guys. the guys i play with go on and on about it. it feels so natural to me,
but they act like the hook is a big deal, and they cant do it. i guess driving and finishing at the rim is more comfortable for them. i always seem to
fade away from the players, and rim when driving. avoiding people instead of going straight for contact. this sky hook i can get off against anyone,
and the players call it "unguardable". im glad i have something i can do that they cant.

short story long ;-) i think the sky hook could be a powerful weapon for rudy in the paint. unguardable indeed...

i play at lunch with the soldiers here on the base i work on.

im an older dude in a pretty good shape. sometimes its hard to hang with 20 year old guys who are physical monsters.

i have a legendary sky hook ive mastered to get my shot over these guys. the guys i play with go on and on about it. it feels so natural to me,
but they act like the hook is a big deal, and they cant do it. i guess driving and finishing at the rim is more comfortable for them. i always seem to
fade away from the players, and rim when driving. avoiding people instead of going straight for contact. this sky hook i can get off against anyone,
and the players call it "unguardable". im glad i have something i can do that they cant.

short story long ;-) i think the sky hook could be a powerful weapon for rudy in the paint. unguardable indeed...
But in this scenario rudy is the 20 year old guys you play with who can't do it and didn't grow up with it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I didn't know where to put this but -

Trevor Ariza in 5 games against Utah guarding Mitchell a whole lot - 8 fouls. Trevor Ariza in 2 quarters against GS guarding Iguodala - 5 fouls.

Houston against Utah was called for 2 moving screens/offensive fouls the whole series. Against GS, they have already been called for 2 or 3.

You cant make this stuff up...

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

While we're at it, I'd like to see Faves pick up the Dirk one legged step back and Donovan get that Steph Curry pull up.

But in this scenario rudy is the 20 year old guys you play with who can't do it and didn't grow up with it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I get that. Is it just a mental thing though? Can they really do it?

I'm not sure if its just something I have that they dont, or its something they could develop.

I wonder if Rudy has tried it, and he didn't like the feel of the sky hook.

I sort of agreed with Mc Grady : Rudy and the team need to learn how to quickly punish a mismatch where Paul or some other midget ends up on him in a switch. They all need to learn how to quickly recognise it, seal it and use a simple one or two dribble move to punish it. To do that Rudy need to be able to hit a 3/4 feet shot with consistency. Once you have punished it a couple of times, switches become more hesitant, or secondary switches are rushed, and windows are opened for more ball movement. I hope they can all work on it in the summer.