What's new

Ability to Start Threads

This also adds value to neg reps. Now I have more incentive to neg Boris and fellow trolls, other than just my personal satisfaction.

Can you make it so that users that have red rep will automatically be put on a site wide ignore list? Too many people get sucked in by the troll posts and end up killing good threads.

At least add an ignore button next to posts so that it is easier to do.

Here is my example of this forum

Hayward is the best - everyone

Hayward suck and is dumb = me

<crying in their room> your are a troll - everyone

Well, he played every game and we missed the playoffs - me

<still crying> He scored close to 20 points a game - everyone

So, did Al Jefferson and you are glad he is gone.
So, did Kanter and you are glad he is gone.
So, did Dwill and you are glad he is gone.
So, does Paul Millsap and he is gone.
So, does CJ Miles and you hate him. - me

<I'm going to neg Mission Impossible>

How is Hayward not fools gold? He could not dominate the Clippers bench. I was so frustrated with him that game. I am starting to think more and more that his stats are empty. He is not a exceptional rebounder and he turns the ball over as much as assists.

Let the haters like Siro neg us for stating facts. His control issues will not change a discussion he adds nothing to.

Can you make it so that users that have red rep will automatically be put on a site wide ignore list? Too many people get sucked in by the troll posts and end up killing good threads.

At least add an ignore button next to posts so that it is easier to do.

Can the people who get sucked in by trolls start being adults and not respond and then cry they responded? You poor thing.

I told you guys to ignore melojazzkiller and he would go away but no you need a new rule to pacify.

Maybe we should get our own page for free thinking jazz fans

You can visit it if your carebear land is too unrealist

Heres a solution for you: pay for a premium membership, which comes with your OWN forum. Then you and Boris(and whatever other "dissidents" you want to invite) can have a circle-jerk.

Heres a solution for you: pay for a premium membership, which comes with your OWN forum. Then you and Boris(and whatever other "dissidents" you want to invite) can have a circle-jerk.

You mean avoid your circle jerk. That is what we have been telling your big ole dumbo ears. Now go lie some more posts like a good lil circle jerkoff.

You mean avoid your circle jerk. That is what we have been telling your big ole dumbo ears. Now go lie some more posts like a good lil circle jerkoff.

I think im going to move on. The place is full of group thought. Good on you guys for following the Jazz without ever having a player you dont like. Peace

if users who have over certain negative rep points lose their ability to post, that should be able to eliminate trolls

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

if users who have over certain negative rep points lose their ability to post, that should be able to eliminate trolls

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

You have a very nice looking Rep to post count. Did you cheat?

The change was a long time coming and not specific to a single person. This was requested years ago and, yes, was mentioned again recently. I only looked into it again this week because I realized how it was possible. Also, some threads auto-post to our Twitter feed and this helps a little with that as well. If the community as a whole feel an individual's contribution isn't good enough FOR THE COMMUNITY then why allow them to start a new thread? If that user wants to post, they can - just in an existing topic until they've earned their stripes. Contribute more positively to the community and increase your reputation and the right to start a thread comes back automatically.

Plenty of other communities just flat out ban individuals that, shall we say, go against the grain. We rarely if ever do that. No walled garden/colored glasses here and I hear about it nearly everyday :)

The change was a long time coming and not specific to a single person. This was requested years ago and, yes, was mentioned again recently. I only looked into it again this week because I realized how it was possible. Also, some threads auto-post to our Twitter feed and this helps a little with that as well. If the community as a whole feel an individual's contribution isn't good enough FOR THE COMMUNITY then why allow them to start a new thread? If that user wants to post, they can - just in an existing topic until they've earned their stripes. Contribute more positively to the community and increase your reputation and the right to start a thread comes back automatically.

Plenty of other communities just flat out ban individuals that, shall we say, go against the grain. We rarely if ever do that. No walled garden/colored glasses here and I hear about it nearly everyday :)

I agree with this nearly completely. My only two comments on the subject are that several of the trolls seem wanted, kind of as a punching bag. Personally, I cannot stand seeing some of these posters' thread pop up all the time (homeytennis, I'm looking at your annoying ***). There is a simple solution: don't open the thread.

TBH, all I see your change accomplishing is having trolls game the rep system such as creating 10 alts and sitting them idle for 6 months to auto-increase rep. I've already noticed this happening (and yeah, I'm pathetic for even noticing such nonsense).

Like Moe always says, there is an ignore function.

I agree with this nearly completely. My only two comments on the subject are that several of the trolls seem wanted, kind of as a punching bag. Personally, I cannot stand seeing some of these posters' thread pop up all the time (homeytennis, I'm looking at your annoying ***). There is a simple solution: don't open the thread.

TBH, all I see your change accomplishing is having trolls game the rep system such as creating 10 alts and sitting them idle for 6 months to auto-increase rep. I've already noticed this happening (and yeah, I'm pathetic for even noticing such nonsense).

I feel bad for people who have that much time.

Yeah but the ignore function suck ***.

1. You can still see their post when they are quoted
2. You can still see their post on tapatalk even though you have them ignored.

I can take out 50 reps in one second. How many alts need to be parked for how long to reverse my single second of action? If anything, that makes me feel even better about negging trolls.

This also adds value to neg reps. Now I have more incentive to neg Boris and fellow trolls, other than just my personal satisfaction.

I have not repped one time, positive or negative, since I came back from my ban. But now that this change has been made I will most likely start using rep again.

First stop, negging Mission Accomplished.

I have not repped one time, positive or negative, since I came back from my ban. But now that this change has been made I will most likely start using rep again.

First stop, negging Mission Accomplished.

Boom! from green to red

Mission Accomplished, as they say.