What's new

Abortion Bills in the South

It sounds good but have you seen any sign of that?

Those that feel abortion is murder still see murder being allowed.

Those that are on the other extreme still see sexism and the evils of men.

So, we end up with talk of abortions at atms if sexist men were the ones getting pregnant and “executing babies” for anytime an abortion happens.

And tbh, neither side side wants a solution. They want it their way.

And we have a fundamental lack of leadership in this country. The parties have become ugly, stupid representations of each sides fringes.

Ok I’m done.

Back to sexist baby killing.

If we go past the life question, we have the equality question. I'm not a woman, so I can't really argue as one. But as a man, can you not recognize that after conception, you simply don't have the burdens a mother does for the next nine months? Doesn't that sound like nine months of involuntary servitude for mothers, and nine months of "doesn't matter, had sex" for the father? Why shouldn't the mother have a choice just as easily as the father?

And don't say don't have sex. Neither gender wants to not have sex. That's simply not in the cards. Abstinence only, although admirable, is a joke.

If we go past the life question, we have the equality question. I'm not a woman, so I can't really argue as one. But as a man, can you not recognize that after conception, you simply don't have the burdens a mother does for the next nine months? Doesn't that sound like nine months of involuntary servitude for mothers, and nine months of "doesn't matter, had sex" for the father? Why shouldn't the mother have a choice just as easily as the father?

And don't say don't have sex. Neither gender wants to not have sex. That's simply not in the cards. Abstinence only, although admirable, is a joke.

Anyone who isn’t an intentionally blind ******* can clearly see that the physical, mental and physiological burdens of a woman clearly outweighs any “burdens” a man gets from a pregnancy.

Also I’m not anti abortion. I think the mother should have a choice. It’s an ugly one, to me at least, but one the should have.

For me I say 20 weeks. It’s the best compromise I can make with myself on this volatile issue. After that I say extreme life endangerment or other severe harm to the mother or unborn child should be allowed.

At a certain point, I don’t know when, the unborn child does become a person. One deserving of the laws and societies protection. 20 weeks is the best I can do.

It’s just ugly all around to me

Side notes. I think vasectomy should be much more widely used my men that don’t want kids. I had my kids and got snipped. No more “irresponsible ejaculations” for me.

I think men should have a legal pathway to a financial abortion to any unwanted child.

Anyone who isn’t an intentionally blind ******* can clearly see that the physical, mental and physiological burdens of a woman clearly outweighs any “burdens” a man gets from a pregnancy.

Also I’m not anti abortion. I think the mother should have a choice. It’s an ugly one, to me at least, but one the should have.

For me I say 20 weeks. It’s the best compromise I can make with myself on this volatile issue. After that I say extreme life endangerment or other severe harm to the mother or unborn child should be allowed.

At a certain point, I don’t know when, the unborn child does become a person. One deserving of the laws and societies protection. 20 weeks is the best I can do.

It’s just ugly all around to me

Side notes. I think vasectomy should be much more widely used my men that don’t want kids. I had my kids and got snipped. No more “irresponsible ejaculations” for me.

I think men should have a legal pathway to a financial abortion to any unwanted child.

Someone's gonna have to face ugly choices. But it should be everyone involved. Maybe by this magic 5 month date, all party's involved make a decision, or it terms?

At what points does the right of person A to live overrule the right of Person B to decide who can make use of person B's body? Does this only happen when A is a fetus and B is a woman?

Trying to think of another example of when this would apply. Conjoined Twins? If I was attached to my twin could I kill him or her since they are making use of my body? I'm not trying to make a point, necessarily, just trying to think of something comparable.

Trying to think of another example of when this would apply. Conjoined Twins? If I was attached to my twin could I kill him or her since they are making use of my body? I'm not trying to make a point, necessarily, just trying to think of something comparable.

While I'm sure we agree morally, what's the legal resolution? If twin A can live independently, and twin B has to stay attached or die, should the government force twin A to maintain the connection?

While I'm sure we agree morally, what's the legal resolution? If twin A can live independently, and twin B has to stay attached or die, should the government force twin A to maintain the connection?

It’s still different as most likely twin B has a voice to use in the matter where an unborn child/fetus does not.

There is no good comparison worth debating.

So tbh, I’m confused as to what you’re after or seeking.

It’s still different as most likely twin B has a voice to use in the matter where an unborn child/fetus does not.

There is no good comparison worth debating.

So tbh, I’m confused as to what you’re after or seeking.

I'm asking if the government should take the decision out of the hands of twin A. Does that decision depend upon twin B, for you? Let's say twin B says he does not want to be disconnected, in very certain terms. Should we then force A to stay connected against their will?

I'm asking if the government should take the decision out of the hands of twin A. Does that decision depend upon twin B, for you? Let's say twin B says he does not want to be disconnected, in very certain terms. Should we then force A to stay connected against their will?

Is twin A’s life endangered? You're talking about willful manslaughter. Sure it ****ing sucks for A. But life ****ing sucks

Also, this isn’t the same as abortion on a major point.

Is twin A’s life endangered? You're talking about willful manslaughter. Sure it ****ing sucks for A. But life ****ing sucks

So, your position is the government should force twin A to stay connected? OK.

So, your position is the government should force twin A to stay connected? OK.

My position is that the government won’t sign off on killing Twin B.

Twin Bs rights are violated by such an action. As are As in the other direction.

Has such a case ever even come up?

Also, this isn’t the same as abortion on a major point.

I read about this one conjoined twin that had a gay brother and they shared the same *** hole.

This debate may be appealing to him.