What's new

Acta signed!!!!

usa signed the ACTA agreement. so usa is no longer the home of the free and brave or whatever.
this acta agreement violates. freedom of speech, right of a fair trial, freedom of information and a lot of other human rights.

this acta negotiations where held in SECRET. representive of the people where not allowed to follow them only certain BIG corporations.

this is ACTA agreement is worse than what Osama and other terrorist did/do.

Don't you live overseas? Why do you care? It won't prevent Basketball from being played and isn't that the only reason you care the USA exists?

also big corporation could attend/influence the acta agreement.
but human rights organizations could NOT.
there is no human right considerations in this agreement because god knows what. seriously how could this agrement be made and the people bend over and take it up the coochie.

Don't you live overseas? Why do you care? It won't prevent Basketball from being played and isn't that the only reason you care the USA exists?

because acta is a INTERNATIONAL agreement. 8 countries already signed.
it has INTERNATIONAL complications you fracking idiot. read up on this acta stuff next time you reply

The draft treaty's title suggests that the agreement only covers infringement of patents, that is counterfeit physical goods such as medicines, however the draft treaty also covers infringement of copyright in the context of "Internet distribution and information technology

I don't see that its such a big deal... personally.. worse than what Osama or other territorist have done? Really???????

So you call me a Fracking Idiot because you think its worse than what Osama did?

Ummmm ok.. move along

The draft treaty's title suggests that the agreement only covers infringement of patents, that is counterfeit physical goods such as medicines, however the draft treaty also covers infringement of copyright in the context of "Internet distribution and information technology

I don't see that its such a big deal... personally.. worse than what Osama or other territorist have done? Really???????

ok go ahead. turst the "propoganda" just read the frickin treaty. it violates human rights. but you clearly have not read it.

detailed studies of prominent instutes proved this violates human rights.

so whats the difference between acta and osama? one has a beard the other does not?

Dutch, why are you so jealous of the USA? Just because our country is far superior than yours doesn't mean you have to complain so much about it. Suck it up and deal with it.

Dutch, why are you so jealous of the USA? Just because our country is far superior than yours doesn't mean you have to complain so much about it. Suck it up and deal with it.

nah not jealoues i just hate hypocracy of whatever country. and i dont see "countries" its just one big happy world. borders are man made so they suck and hold no revelance to me.

detailed studies of prominent instutes proved this violates human rights.

so whats the difference between acta and osama? one has a beard the other does not?

Lets see... whats the difference. I guess you don't have any family or friends that have been killed overseas. I hope for you personally that never happens but I guess you don't know the difference until it happens.

let me tell you this if you plan on putting up a video of your son singing happy birthday on youtube you will be a criminal. there wont be any fair trial.

let me tell you this if you plan on putting up a video of your son singing happy birthday on youtube you will be a criminal. there wont be any fair trial.

Is that infringing on a patent? I guess my son will be a multimillionaire becuase he was own patents for numerous items

if you have the time read this 90 page study from some proffesor from oxford and antoher one from LMU

https://www.greens-efa.eu/fileadmin/dam/Documents/Studies/ACTA_fundamental_rights_assessment.pdf

I actually skimmed this.

I'm not certain you have any clue what's going on here.

You seem to be alleging something to do with US hypocrisy. That's fertile ground, but an analysis of ACTA vs. the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights doesn't go anywhere near the subject.

This looks frankly like a bit of techno-anarchic hysteria.

Please provide some basis for the claim that posting a youtube video of a child singing a birthday song will lead to any liability for anyone.

So because I can't legally download a pirated copy of "Pirates of the Caribbean 4", my freedom of speech is being limited? Sounds about right.

So because I can't legally download a pirated copy of "Pirates of the Caribbean 4", my freedom of speech is being limited? Sounds about right.

this has nothing to do with downlaoding.

what this agremeent provides is without warrants the goverment/entertainment lobby can use Deep packet inspection. to monitor your data traffic
for example if you weekly send recive more than x ammount of gb's it looks susspicious so they can monitor and look at your data.
but those 100ths of gigabytes can just be a database being backed up. without a warrent some entertainment lobby group can then watch your data.

sirkicky thats why you are a lawyer and not and it technician.

its been proven that laywers judges dont know **** about technology. there are enough court cases where its proven that lawyers and judges dont know what they are talking about.