What's new

Add G or PF?

If you had to pick one

• Keep Rubio, send Favors, add PF

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Keep Favors, send Rubio, add G

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters
I’ve got the answer... it’s so simple it’s crazy.

Start Mitchell at pg, get Harris, IDIOTS!!
Lol... could it possibly be that a guy that has been mediocre his entire career actually puts in work because it's a contract year?

Lol... could it possibly be that a guy that has been mediocre his entire career actually puts in work because it's a contract year?

Are you talking about Harris? He's been far from mediocre. He's been a good player for a long time and he's gotten better every season.

thon maker wants out of Milwaukee. probably one of the best options that we could afford. also fits well with Quin's defensive identity

If Rubio is replaced by a shooter in the starting lineup Favors can start playing 30 mpg (14 at PF, 16 at C)

I think upgrading the guard position is more important however I think that getting a better power forward is easier right now due to cost and availability.
I think Tobias would be my #1 target. I don't think many guards are actually available. I think Conley is about it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Cost? The kind of PFs you’re thinking about are the most expensive contracts in the NBA. Harris will get the full max. Etc.

Keeping 4s out of the paint should be the priority here, not upgrading the 1.

If the 4 can’t double Gobert, Mitchell, or Ingles our offense improves dramatically.

Conley would be great in our system, but he’s going to cost us too much in trade. That will further hamper our roster’s ability to implement our scheme and maximize the strengths of our stars.

Trade Favors for a 4 that can shoot the 3.

Ricky's currently at 33% from 3 and he finished last year a career best 35% and we've seen games where he's on fire and can't miss. Favors is never going to be a 3 point shooter and is never going to be a good fit next to Rudy. Also worth noting, the lineup of Rubio, Mitchell, Ingles, Crowder and Gobert has statistically been one of the best lineups in the league ever since the trade for Crowder a year ago. We know that lineups with Rubio can be very effective when playing with a stretch 4, imagine how good we could be if we were able to play a full 48 minutes with a stretch 4 every game. The upgrade that would benefit this team the most is definitely at power forward.

1st round yes. 2nd round Favors averages 15 minutes a game the last two years. Our PF spot is a glaring weakness against a great team who can go small.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Favors ain't the reason we lose to Houston last year. Name a better back up 5 in the league?

Guard. When Ricky and Donovan both play well, we're so hard to beat. I'd rather have Conley than Porter. Unpopular opinion, but I think I might rather have Conley than Tobias Harris.

Neither unless it lands us a star player or a potential star player.

Favors is one of our most impactful players. Advanced stats say he is our second best player. Rubio turns things on in the second half and we are going to play pretty well.

Its shocking how undervalued Favors is by his own fans.

Also we have a stretch 4 already that is playing pretty good. Crowder doesnt shoot the best percentage from 3 but he is stretching the floor and plays good defense. Im not sure why everyone is talking about replacing Favors at the 4, its Crowder that plays the most minutes at the 4.

We are built pretty well for the playoffs.

I would choose getting a good shooting Guard who can create a little and handle the ball some. Or even a 3 and them move Ingles to the 2 spot. I do think Rubio is our weakest starter this season but he seems to start turning things around this time of year.

I want a PF but I'm honestly a little bit worried about what we do if Favors isn't there to play backup C. I'm just not sure I trust rolling with Udoh for 18 minutes a night or whatever it will be.
Hopefully if we trade favors we would try to find a new backup center. A guy like Tyson Chandler or Nene or something

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Whatever enables the team to add another All Star-caliber player. Those aren't easy to get. Mitchell, Gobert and another All Star would make the Jazz legit contenders. From there, we can fill in the gaps.