What's new

Addressing our deficit at power forward

I feel the jazz should strongly consider packaging Davis with a couple prospects for a 4/5 that can play behind gobert and help with mismatches at the 4 when needed. I was hoping Davis was going to be our Rodman and bring tenacity and viciousness to the squad, creating deflections, and getting a lot of boards. Not happening...

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
I like the idea of Noah being our backup center if he still has anything left in the tank. Faried would be ok but I still think the Jazz need a PF who can shoot from outside. Davis has to go. He brings zero on the offense. Rudy and our starters cannot play 35 minutes a night especially since three of them played basketball in the world cup.

the jazz already have people who can shoot from outside. We need someone who can defend and rebound.

Since teams can offer 10 day contracts shortly, sign Isaac Haas. The guy is mammoth, could give Rudy some rest and schematically the Jazz don't have to change too much what they are doing when he would be on the floor. Plus he has six hard fouls to give.

Since teams can offer 10 day contracts shortly, sign Isaac Haas. The guy is mammoth, could give Rudy some rest and schematically the Jazz don't have to change too much what they are doing when he would be on the floor. Plus he has six hard fouls to give.
And who are we going to waive so that we can get 10 days of Haas?

Also Haas is coming off the bench for the Stars at about 16 minutes a game and is grabbing 5 boards a game. I know it's the GLeague but that stat alone would place him 2nd on the Jazz this season. Put him on the floor with Niang, Clarkson, Mudiday and Tucker and that unit would have scorers.

We are fine at PF... it’s still backup center that is causing issues. Ed can’t do anything on offense... is okay on defense when he isn’t fouling everybody... Tony does some okay things on offense but Quin can’t handle how soft he is on defense.

If you are running out a second unit with Mudiay, Clarkson, Niang in it you likely aren’t going to be great on defense. IMO we should go with Morgan and see what he gives you or Bradley and just decide whether he’s worth a roster spot. Cut NWG now that we have 3-4 bench guys in front of him... backup centers are out there... go sign one if you don’t believe in these guys.

NWG, Oni Davis there are suspects.
I don’t care what you do with NWG, but waiving two years of Ed Davis or waiving someone like Oni to get 10 days of a stiff averaging 16 minutes off the bench in the G League is pretty comical.

Yeah I get that Davis is owed a pile of cash but what have Oni or NWG done or going to do that Tyrone Wallace or Iman Shumpert couldn't do as well or better. Also Booker and Kenneth Faried are available.

Then just bring AB back. He is on a min contract and Warriors reportedly gonna trade him. There are other min option guys out there who can do Clarkson’s work. But there aren't that many starting caliber PFs available at anything less than Clarkson’s current salary.
Sorry but I'm afraid that AB would go straight to Quinn's doghouse and then we'd have another Exum situation.:eek:

Yeah I get that Davis is owed a pile of cash but what have Oni or NWG done or going to do that Tyrone Wallace or Iman Shumpert couldn't do as well or better. Also Booker and Kenneth Faried are available.
Your first comparisons were Oni and Davis for 10 days of Haas. I’m perfectly fine with any of Shumpert, Booker, or Faried over NWG, but those are separate issues.

Right now I'm not getting the love for Oni. He is very raw right now and is a scrappy smart player but at times can't shoot to save his life. The organization does have something invested in him given they paid cash for the draft pick but to my eyes the GLeague is filled with similar guys. Low 2nd round picks generally don't make it. A few do but not many.

We are fine at PF... it’s still backup center that is causing issues. Ed can’t do anything on offense... is okay on defense when he isn’t fouling everybody... Tony does some okay things on offense but Quin can’t handle how soft he is on defense.

If you are running out a second unit with Mudiay, Clarkson, Niang in it you likely aren’t going to be great on defense. IMO we should go with Morgan and see what he gives you or Bradley and just decide whether he’s worth a roster spot. Cut NWG now that we have 3-4 bench guys in front of him... backup centers are out there... go sign one if you don’t believe in these guys.
Unfortunately due to our problem at PF(which we are anything BUT fine thank you very much), the workload on our center position just skyrocketed. Even two time DPOY Rudy had issues at times trying to stop everything in the paint while securing those rebounds ALL BY HIMSELF. Let alone asking those backup centers to do the same.

Our issue at the backup center as well as Ed's struggle has everything to do with our issue at the 4. Because we no longer have someone like Crowder or Favs who could rebound/cover down when our center goes out there contesting shots. And now our so called “PF”s like Niang and Jeff simply look behind and expect Rudy to help them with everything defensively. I mean, how do you expect ANY backup center to keep up with that?

Our bench is **** shallow. We ain’t winning anything with this bench. No. Way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're correct. That is an outside the box offensive idea. Put it back in the box and leave it there.
This. But put it back in the box, light the box on fire, then bury it under a parking lot or something.

the jazz already have people who can shoot from outside. We need someone who can defend and rebound.
Well Noah can do that if he is healthy? He cannot be worse than Davis People wanted Favors gone because he couldn't shoot the 3 pt? Now you want to bring in a guy like Favors. So who is on your radar?