What's new

Ads with Audio SUCK

moevillini

the Chief Old D'oh
Contributor
anyone else noticing advertising within the site have started playing music or having other audio sound effects?

IT IS VERY ANNOYING.

I haven't noticed the audio, but I did notice the Rome Orgy ad or something like that.
I didn't expect an ad like that here, but whatever.

I usually don't even notice the ads.

Wow, I just saw this today but didn't realize it was an ad on here. Was it Gymboree? I need to know which ad it was.

The one I saw I remember Roma, but I don't remember Gymboree.
I'm guessing the question was about my post and not the Moe's post?

I haven't notice it happening since I posted this thread - and I don't recall specifically what the ad was for, all I know is that it was a box in the extreme lower right corner of the screen.

I just got an audio ad here on jazzfanz for World of Warcraft.

Agree with moe... VERY annoying.

I can't find this in our list. A screenshot or clicking on the ad and providing the final URL will help me greatly. Let me know if you see it again.

Just got another one. This one was from biblemesh.

I did a couple of screen captures. This is what it looked like as the ad played:

biblemesh1.jpg

biblemesh2.jpg

Notice the sound indicator on the first one. It played some music for about 5-10 seconds, then stopped.

Yuck. That ad has come on three more times in the three minutes since I posted that.

I've blocked Biblemesh.com. Let me know what else you find. Our ad company that serves those in the lower right (Google) doesn't have a way to block all ads with audio. Frustrating. Have to block individual URLs. Again, if you have the destination URL of the ad after it's clicked, that helps most.

Both. Thanks for the Roma, that helps.

Just got the "Call of Roma" ad again. "One click for a Roman Orgy".
Sorry, I'm just not going to click on that ad to find the url.

I took a screenshot and I will attach it here.

badad.jpg

*by the way, I have seen this ad about 15 times this morning.

Last edited:
Looks like it's an online game. I've blocked the URLs for the main game but unless I can get the end URL of the ad, it may not work. Let me know if you see it anymore.

I just got one of these at the top. It only had audio when my mouse rolled over it, but since my wife had the volume way up, it scared the living **** out of me.
Here's the destination:
https://hinckleydcj.com/

i'm from a different region, so i get different ads than you guys some have sound. but i had installed a firefox plugin which blocks sound. so I am not experiencing it anymore