What's new

Advertising Issues

Our advertising company has turned off all providers of ads except Google as of now (Noon MT on 06/18). Please let me know day-by-day what you're seeing from now onward in terms of ads with pop-ups and slowness. We'll add back an advertising provider everyday to see if we can narrow the problem.

Thanks in advance!!

Feedback? Any difference today as opposed to yesterday or prior?

Sent from my Nexus 5

So sorry. This slowness issue is concerning too though. I've yet to see that personally on mobile or desktop. Granted, my advertising profile is different than yours so the ads I see are likely different.

I didn't see in this thread but is there a reason you don't use Tapatalk?

I may experiment with you and a few others by removing all the ads and seeing where we land.

What is the cost to advertise on this site? Do you decide what gets advertised or does vbulletin?

We sale ads direct occasionally but most comes from an advertising company that uses a variety of providers.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I thought the ads were gone, but then it happened again today. It's the same ones saying I have a virus. The site is still really slow for me.

Jason, I don't use tapatalk because it's even slower. Plus I don't like how stripped down the app is. I like all the options and experience using Jazzfanz from desktop view.

I'm not sure how much of the problems I'm having is my phone. I didn't ever have any of these problems until just recently. Jazzfanz always worked pretty well with my phone. I had the S3 before this phone (Note3), both worked fine before. The Note3 is about as good as it gets for phones, so I don't think the issue is having a weak phone or something.

Who knows, maybe there is some permanent virus on my phone. I'm debating sending it in and getting a new one. But if other people are having similar problems then that makes me not sure. But also, I haven't heard anyone say they have the exact same problems.

The thing that makes me think it's Jazzfanz is it only happens on Jazzfanz.

Well, that's just it... not sure if what others are reporting are the same thing. I think everyone has differing experiences but there are many variables that could be playing a part. I've yet to see any of these ads or issues. It doesn't surprise me that there are ads that link into an app store when you're on your phone but it shouldn't be clicking the ad for you. If you click on an add, I would expect going to the store to be a normal outcome based on the ad. I'm assuming you're not accidently brushing the phone and clicking ads or anything.

The site isn't slow for me either - in the browser or the app. Tapatalk is a poorly written app and I have to kill it often but its one of the only choices we have for a mobile app. I've tried the site on iPhones, my Nexus 5, a Nexus 7, and three computers. They all behave just fine. Pages load in seconds. Granted, I'm in good coverage areas and not over my wireless data limits either.

I guess continue to report as much as you can about the ad, the URL it goes to (or app), the link of the JF page, browser used, device used, etc. Screenshots are great too. Also, download a different browser and try that to see if it's any different. :(

*** Asking for comments from others on what they're seeing as well. Even if its nothing!!

Posting.

Am I the only one that feels he must type at 5 WPM to post here? If I type my normal speed in a thread then it freezes up and I have to go back and redo half of my post. I post on a few different message boards and this is the only one that I have this problem on. It always seems to happen when the annoying ads with video are on. I'm seriously thinking about looking into an ad blocker just because of this issue.

*** Asking for comments from others on what they're seeing as well. Even if its nothing!!

I'm not having any issues at all.* My phone is HTC One, Verizon (android). I use tapatalk pretty much exclusively when I'm using my phone.

* OK, there's one minor issue. About half the time tapatalk doesn't show the mod forum.

Anyone else? Want to hear from the masses on whether you experience any or all of the symptoms in this thread. I'll rep people that share their experiences if it helps. I'll raise the damn cap to 155 even and not ask Colton for permission. ;) please

Sent from my Nexus 5

Anyone else? Want to hear from the masses on whether you experience any or all of the symptoms in this thread. I'll rep people that share their experiences if it helps. I'll raise the damn cap to 155 even and not ask Colton for permission. ;) please

Sent from my Nexus 5

Haha.

The site has been slow for me on my computer for the last few weeks, I just never said anything cuz I didnt think I could help you pinpoint the problem and my tapatalk was working fine.

I'm on my comp now and it's working fine though.

One of the things it was doing is not typing anything as I'd type, but then awhile later it would all show up. Dunno if that makes sense or not, but thats really the only specific thing I remember. Other than that, it was just slow.

Haha.

The site has been slow for me on my computer for the last few weeks, I just never said anything cuz I didnt think I could help you pinpoint the problem and my tapatalk was working fine.

I'm on my comp now and it's working fine though.

One of the things it was doing is not typing anything as I'd type, but then awhile later it would all show up. Dunno if that makes sense or not, but thats really the only specific thing I remember. Other than that, it was just slow.
Slow meaning what? Loading the entire page or just the typing thing like others say? If it's the page loading was it 5 seconds or a minute. Also which browser? Tia

Sent from my Nexus 5

Slow meaning what? Loading the entire page or just the typing thing like others say? If it's the page loading was it 5 seconds or a minute. Also which browser? Tia

Sent from my Nexus 5

loading was slow, but yeah more like 5-10 seconds type slow. I use Google Chrome.

Tapatalk hasn't been loading for me today. I tried to get on about three or four different times throughout the day. I would keep getting a message that says "Failed to connect to the forum. Please check with your system administrator." After 're-trying a couple times I would finally get in. I have an Android powered phone.

Tapatalk hasn't been loading for me today. I tried to get on about three or four different times throughout the day. I would keep getting a message that says "Failed to connect to the forum. Please check with your system administrator." After 're-trying a couple times I would finally get in. I have an Android powered phone.
Thanks.

This is typical tapatalk. Hate it. Kill the app and restart... That's what I do.

What about the browser on your phone? Or don't use that?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks.

This is typical tapatalk. Hate it. Kill the app and restart... That's what I do.

What about the browser on your phone? Or don't use that?

Sent from my Nexus 5
Not typically. My screen is so small that I'd rather deal with the quirks of tapatalk than use that.

I haven't had any issues for a few weeks. I used to get the App Store popping up all of the time, trying to sell me some lame game, but that has stopped. I don't use tapa at all, and I'm mostly on my 5s. My iPad will occasionally have a hiccup where I type a bunch and it has a mini-3 second freeze, but all of the letters zoom onto the screen when it unfreezes.

I bet you that 95% of the board that experiences these same issues has never opened the Site Feedback forum; make an announcement in the Jazz and GD and I imagine you'll get a better response.

Maybe just stop being a HS girl and get a life or smthng.

£¥£