What's new

Alec Burks says he will be back playing in 2 weeks

Last night Alec Burks was at the Jr Jazz Meet a Jazz Player night at West Jordan High School. In the part where kids ask the player questions, he was asked when he would be back on the court playing. Instead of a vague KOC comment, he actually said he will be back playing in 2 weeks. That was the first time I've heard a time frame stated (and it was from the player himself) so I thought I would share it.

Last night Alec Burks was at the Jr Jazz Meet a Jazz Player night at West Jordan High School. In the part where kids ask the player questions, he was asked when he would be back on the court playing. Instead of a vague KOC comment, he actually said he will be back playing in 2 weeks. That was the first time I've heard a time frame stated (and it was from the player himself) so I thought I would share it.
Thanks for the info.

His comeback is taking longer than expected.

Thanks for sharing. What other questions was he asked? And what were the responses?

Who was his basketball hero growing up - didn't have one but his hero was his mom

Where did he grow up - Kansas City Missouri

Best game he ever played - some college game against a top 10 rated Texas team

Best basketball moment in his life - drafted by the Jazz

What elementary school he went to - he named one from Kansas City

Difference between college and the pros - talked about college was fun and a tight group but the pros can be fun and $$$ but people have lives, more of a business

a few were others were harder to hear over little kids

Oh and he didn't wear a brace, his shot looked good, but he was careful whenever he bent over to grab a basketball(kids missing shots)

That would be great to have him back in 2 weeks. I wonder if that is practicing again on the court or playing in games though.

DL did say on the Zone interview last night that Burks will be back in 'weeks' not 'months'.

But yes the '2 weeks' remark is more specific.

What if Alec has figured things out? Like what if all he does on offense is sick dunks and shoot 39% from 3?

This would be rad.

What did you expect? He broke his leg. I think it's pretty quick.
When he had surgery the timeline was the all star break. So it's longer than expected

When he had surgery the timeline was the all star break. So it's longer than expected

Agreed, he is 4 weeks behind schedule.

The injury was Dec 26 -- six weeks was the reported timeline. This takes us to Feb 6 (~2 weeks ago). In 2 weeks it is March 4 -- ~10 weeks from the injury date.

The timeline did not change with surgery. Surgery allowed him to get to game shape sooner.

"Originally, Burks' timeline was set at six weeks. That won't change drastically with the surgery. But surgery would allow Burks to return to weight-bearing activities around two weeks after the operation. That would allow for a more rigorous rehabilitation and allow for Burks to return to game shape faster, when he's ready to return to the floor, according to a Utah Jazz source."

https://www.sltrib.com/home/3356480-155/utah-jazz-alec-burks-chooses-surgery

Agreed, he is 4 weeks behind schedule.

The injury was Dec 26 -- six weeks was the reported timeline. This takes us to Feb 6 (~2 weeks ago). In 2 weeks it is March 4 -- ~10 weeks from the injury date.

The timeline did not change with surgery. Surgery allowed him to get to game shape sooner.

"Originally, Burks' timeline was set at six weeks. That won't change drastically with the surgery. But surgery would allow Burks to return to weight-bearing activities around two weeks after the operation. That would allow for a more rigorous rehabilitation and allow for Burks to return to game shape faster, when he's ready to return to the floor, according to a Utah Jazz source."

https://www.sltrib.com/home/3356480-155/utah-jazz-alec-burks-chooses-surgery
Good stuff. Well done

Last edited:
So favors was out much longer than anyone expected. Burks is out longer than expected.

Was Rudy out longer than expected? I don't remember.

What a messed up year injury wise for the jazz.

The things are going Exum won't be ready for the start of next year.

Smd

Hopefully Quin doesn't buy into Sloan's theory about a starter not losing his job due to injury. I don't want to see Hood benched.