What's new

Alec Burks Will be the Key to Winning the Series

I didn't really forcefully come out and agree, but I generally agreed with this assessment. At least in a way/to an extent.

Jazz need some firepower and wildcard. Quin has played everything masterfully.

Good for Alec and for the Jazz.

Couldnt give him away at the deadline. Now he is key.

He can be so good and so bad. Knowing he could be so good makes the bad spots difficult to watch. It is frustrating to watch as a fan, im sure it frustrates the coaches.

What i cant figure out is if it frustrates Alec. Does he recognize why thecoaches pull him but doesnt care?

Burks was my favorite player until Gobert broke out and Burks kind of disappeared because of the injuries. Good to see him show his stuff tonight.

Guess there's a lot of crow to be eaten tonight by those with lazy analysis of "Burks sucks let's trade him for a cheeseburger" or something like that.

Kudos to Burks for staying sharp in spite of the shorter leash he had than others

Simply put, I dont think the Jazz win without Burks tonight. That could be said about several Jazz players tonight. Crowder/Exum/Burks were all fantastic off the bench.

Ya the bench was huge in general (didn’t look at a box score but I don’t remember Jonas playing a single minute).

He's exactly what this team needs against a high scoring team like Houston. Our defense and slower paced offense can win us games against most teams but with teams like Houston and GS you're going to have to score and attack a bunch too.

Simply put, I dont think the Jazz win without Burks tonight. That could be said about several Jazz players tonight. Crowder/Exum/Burks were all fantastic off the bench.

Bingo. A lot of players stepped up— a true team win where it’s hard to give a game ball frankly

When he hit thay layup with English on the reverse later in the game, I was ****ing shook. Vintage AB

Point blank, there's no way the Jazz win tonight without Burks. He put more pressure on the defense than anyone else. He was a terror in transition.

Kudos to the guy for staying ready and never complaining. He is as part of this damn team as anyone else.

He did excellent in this game. We needed that punch. I still think he is a low BBIQ guy, but this kind of open slashing style fits what he knows how to do well. The surprising part was his passing. Normally when he gets stuck he just chucks up some crap shot because gotta-score, but in this game he made some really nice passes. I think what others have said is right, it is about exploiting match-ups and for how fast the Rockets normally play they don't have many that can go toe-to-toe with AB...or even Neto for that matter. Their hustle, energy, speed and grit made a real difference in this game.

Gotta give Crowder some credit too. He finally broke out of whatever weird shooting funk he was in and hit some huge shots. Let's hope this is closer to the norm than a full-on aberration.

The strength of this team really is the team. Mitchell adapted his game to what the defense gave him and came up huge on assist, yet still turned it on in the 4th to score when needed. Favors and Gobert took turns abusing the Rocket's interior defense. They all came together to play a great defensive game as a whole. So they win despite so many stupid, throw-the-ball-straight-to-the-opposing-player turnovers. If they can keep up the full team play, maintain pressure on D, and cut their turnovers even by 1/3 (which would bring them down to about their season average), then we go well beyond just being a tough out.