What's new

All Aboard The Official 2022-23 Championship Tank Thread

frybcngo7ztq0lmpr574.gif

Us bitch slapping the rest of the NBA

Not sure a lot of people had Jazz 1st and Blazers 2nd at this point in the season. And Warriors 12th.

A couple of main points:

1. The Jazz have actually played good teams, so the competition has been there
2. They have showed that they can get up big on teams, so there is a certain level of superiority that has been shown
3. Sure, they have lost those leads, but unlike in previous years, they have been able to recover the lost lead and secured victories
4. Alternatively, they have been able to come back from reasonably large deficits

This team has shown that it can do it all based on various circumstances. The sample size is large enough now that we can start believing that there is something here. I wouldn't be shocked if Ainge is actually a minor buyer at the deadline instead of a massive seller. The only player on the team that I would like to see go is Gay. He doesn't want to be here and there is no role in the near or long-term future.

Not sure a lot of people had Jazz 1st and Blazers 2nd at this point in the season. And Warriors 12th.

Warriors decided to tank knowing that they have no chance against this jazz team in the playoffs. They are trying to get the number 1 pick so they can come at us with Wemby next year to try to stop our repeat.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I believe this is our first time this year having a two day break. It feels kind of weird not having a game yesterday to discuss or a game today to look forward to.
I know right, it is going to throw our guys off their rhythm. Luckily we have back to have road games this weekend, so that will put us back on track.

Since this is the hyperbolic thread I will throw a ridiculous theoretical post in the mix.
What if we upgrade Rudy Gay, by trading one or two of our 1st rounders and Rudy Gay for...... Lebron! He would get a chance for another ring, playing for a top contender.

Too bad he would have to play from the bench... but maybe we can convince him by telling him that neither he nor MJ has ever won the 6th man of the year award! Add that to the GOAT conversation resume. Not bad for year 20.

PS: My agent (mom) just called me and told me giving away either 1 or 2 first rounders for a 37 year old bench player is not optimal.

Funny that Gay doesn't want to be here. I can understand before the season, and maybe it's changed, but there's definitely a train to be boarded the way we're playing.

If it has changed dog, can we have a bit more effort please?

Warriors decided to tank knowing that they have no chance against this jazz team in the playoffs. They are trying to get the number 1 pick so they can come at us with Wemby next year to try to stop our repeat.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
In all seriousness, what is going on with the Warriors this season? I haven't been keeping up with them much, I knew they were struggling but I didn't realize they were 4-7.

Gotta love how the media thinks Ainge is going to trade everyone to tank. They have to push some bs narrative that Ainge wants to tank, and he'll ship everyone off in order to make that happen.

Ainge made everyone look stupid, now they're trying to save face.

Gotta love how the media thinks Ainge is going to trade everyone to tank. They have to push some bs narrative that Ainge wants to tank, and he'll ship everyone off in order to make that happen.

Ainge made everyone look stupid, now they're trying to save face.
We'd have to make like 2 or 3 full tank moves or have some serious injury issues to end up as bad as most of the media thought we would be.

We'd have to make like 2 or 3 full tank moves or have some serious injury issues to end up as bad as most of the media thought we would be.

We would have to start now too because the longer it goes the more of a lead we are going to build on the bottom teams.

Yeah, that ship has sailed. We could maybe make some moves and get to low 30's, but there is no way to get to low 20's.

On one hand it makes sense to sell high, but on the other hand it's nice to live in the present and just enjoy this team and try to make the most of it.

One thing's for sure I bet Rob Pelinka calls Ainge everyday trying to sell him his garbage heap.
I think they are cooked now. I bet they do no deals at all and just suck *** all year. James breaks the scoring title and Lakers may end up moving AD and Lebron.

In the game against Utah James looked like he had lost a full step. He had slowed down but was still basically as effective... was going through guys instead of blowing past guys. He didn't look like he had enough explosion to score on us and then was basically targeted on defense. Between AD and Lebron's injury issues I am not sure they have a prayer. Russ is actually playing well in his current role. 10 more games at the level those guys are playing and there won't be a trade that can save em this year.

Jazz are the #2 offense and #10 defense from NBA.com rating. That puts us at #4 team in the Next rating. I expect that to climb when we hit an easy part in our schedule. That's oddly similar to last seasons numbers. Combine being like last year except we are clutch bodes pretty well for this team!
The so called easy part of the schedule, for every other team pre season included them facing the Jazz trhough . Those schedule ranks were pretty bad this time.
I actually think the Jazz have to come down a little bit over that stretch, and may in fact lose to bad teams, more than good ones- because Mike and JC will get rest days