What's new

All Aboard The Official 2022-23 Championship Tank Thread

What if we upgrade Rudy Gay, by trading one or two of our 1st rounders and Rudy Gay for...... Lebron! He would get a chance for another ring, playing for a top contender.
It would have to be Lebron for Gay, Conley, Beasley or something to that effect. Or maybe Gay, Beasley, KO. But Lebron can't be traded for a while in any case.

It would have to be Lebron for Gay, Conley, Beasley or something to that effect. Or maybe Gay, Beasley, KO. But Lebron can't be traded for a while in any case.
It was purely a joke. Not that I wouldnt take Lebron, but he would never come even if Lakers were willing to trade him (which they arent because they want him to beat Kareems record with them).

It was purely a joke. Not that I wouldnt take Lebron, but he would never come even if Lakers were willing to trade him (which they arent because they want him to beat Kareems record with them).
I think they might consider trading AD, though. They need to do *something*, at least, because what they're up to right now doesn't work, and they don't have their next two picks.

That's a hard salary match too. Gay, Beasley, NAW, Agbaji, Bolmaro (plus a few picks) works, but... don't see it happening.

I believe this is our first time this year having a two day break. It feels kind of weird not having a game yesterday to discuss or a game today to look forward to.
It sucks!!!!

Suns currently losing to an eastern conference team (the magic) and denver also losing to an eastern conference team (Celtics). good stuff for us. Also good that neither of the eastern conference teams beating our playoff competition are the nets or sixers.

The so called easy part of the schedule, for every other team pre season included them facing the Jazz trhough . Those schedule ranks were pretty bad this time.
I actually think the Jazz have to come down a little bit over that stretch, and may in fact lose to bad teams, more than good ones- because Mike and JC will get rest days
Why the negativity in this thread! This is just setting your expectation low to not get hurt. I don't think JC needs rest days unless he gets hurt. We have shown we can win without Conley now. This team is very very deep, which helps a ton against bad teams. Plus our coach is letting players who are doing well play more. If a starter or guy isn't playing hard, taking a game off against a bad team, or just having bad night or bad matchup he's riding the pine that game.

Suns currently losing to an eastern conference team (the magic) and denver also losing to an eastern conference team (Celtics). good stuff for us. Also good that neither of the eastern conference teams beating our playoff competition are the nets or sixers.
PHX are going to seriously miss Cam Johnson. Cam is the glue of that team.

I'll tell you what, cheering for certain teams to lose, but not lose too much so that they fall behind the Wolves, Sixers, and Nets is exhausting. We need some MENSA to start a thread telling us what teams to cheer for each night. I don't gamble, but I belive it would give the same dopamine rush.

Nuggets and suns losing tonight is awesome. Now donovan mitchell needs to beat the warriors. Its a close one though so i expect the cavs to lose unfortunately

Nuggets and suns losing tonight is awesome. Now donovan mitchell needs to beat the warriors. Its a close one though so i expect the cavs to lose unfortunately
i
Donovan Mitchell misses 20-foot step back jumpshot9898
I have seen this before.

I love how the media keeps coming up with these anonymous interviews with GM's around the league, and they all confidently say that Utah will end up tanking hard for Victor while blowing this current team up in the process. And they make it sound like it's obviously the right thing to do.

Now, I'm having trouble understanding why these dudes' opinions should carry any weight? Seems to me they can't even manage their own ****ing teams. Half the clubs in the league are struggling as a consequence of terrible, shortsighted trades for ill-fitting "stars", and it's these same GM's who pulled the triggers on those.

Just shut up, man, and give a 10-3 team the respect it deserves.

I love how the media keeps coming up with these anonymous interviews with GM's around the league, and they all confidently say that Utah will end up tanking hard for Victor while blowing this current team up in the process. And they make it sound like it's obviously the right thing to do.

Now, I'm having trouble understanding why these dudes' opinions should carry any weight? Seems to me they can't even manage their own ****ing teams. Half the clubs in the league are struggling as a consequence of terrible, shortsighted trades for ill-fitting "stars", and it's these same GM's who pulled the triggers on those.

Just shut up, man, and give a 10-3 team the respect it deserves.
Yeah, I agree. I think the main knock is that wizards did it last year then dropped off. But what's happening with this team isn't the same. There's a chance we do drop off a bit but not that much. Also we can adjust and make trades to change the course if things take the unlikely downward turn. But there is no reason to assume or worry about that until it happens since it's unlikely.

Good news is we are still in the race to get Victor. Plus we have a **** ton of future picks. Oh also we have plenty of future cap space/flexibility. We have our star player Laurie on a good contract. That's the thing people are missing. They say we don't have a high level player to keep it going, but we do. We also have a few others with potential. We also have a guy who can get buckets when we really need them and create for others in our Pirate Captain Clarkson. Oh, and some hella clutch players all around.

Yeah, I agree. I think the main knock is that wizards did it last year then dropped off. But what's happening with this team isn't the same. There's a chance we do drop off a bit but not that much. Also we can adjust and make trades to change the course if things take the unlikely downward turn. But there is no reason to assume or worry about that until it happens since it's unlikely.

Good news is we are still in the race to get Victor. Plus we have a **** ton of future picks. Oh also we have plenty of future cap space/flexibility. We have our star player Laurie on a good contract. That's the thing people are missing. They say we don't have a high level player to keep it going, but we do. We also have a few others with potential. We also have a guy who can get buckets when we really need them and create for others in our Pirate Captain Clarkson. Oh, and some hella clutch players all around.

Lmao. He reminds me of Jack Sparrow. Hahaha. That’s great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz