What's new

All we need from Trey Burke....

Revolution 9

Contributor
Is more consistency...

Since we drafted Exum, and handed him the franchise we need less from Trey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_JnHUg6rzU

Sure youd like to see better defense, but Id settle for a consistent scorer off the bench. I truly hope Trey puts it together. We have Cotton and the draft pick if it doesnt.

I still have hope for Trey. The potential is still there. The swagger is there.
The confidence is there. The play making ability is there. Mr big shot is there.

All we need from Burke is a tweet saying he has been traded.

I'm over it.

You mean make shots more consistently?

I admit, if I forget about the actual games I watched, that highlight film is impressive.

I like Cotton over Burke at this point. He has the elite speed and hops you need to survive as a 6' point guard in this league.
I'd give Burke one last training camp to prove his worth, if he is still shooting 4-16, make him 3rd string.

Trey Burke just needs to get back to his playmaking ability. He was a good passer in college. Has to take better shots and avoid bad shots.

All joking aside, I like Trey Burke, I was very excited when the. Jazz traded up to draft him. I want him to be a successful jazzman. And he has had some moments.

But the man has got to learn to push the ball up court. And 4-14 isn't going to cut it if with the physical tools and skills he has (and hasn't).

If he figures it out this year it would be an epic win for jazz nation.

Vazques got Toronto 1 first and 1 second on a 7M contract. If he can get that, Trey should be able to net us at least 1 first on 2.7M contract.

Not sure that logic makes sense since only 1 team agreed to give that much for Vasquez and that team is currently off the market for backup PG's.

Not sure that logic makes sense since only 1 team agreed to give that much for Vasquez and that team is currently off the market for backup PG's.

Well, yes... you need to find a team that wants him first, but if you find one, that's the least you should expect to get.

I watched most of the video and had these thoughts:

I miss watching basketball.
I'm glad that lumbering oaf is in OKC.
Trey falls down a lot, I wonder if quin has him working on balance?
Trey has a few moves to get his defender turned wrong, but doesn't have the wheels to blow past him, so the defender rides his hip...I was impressed how frequently Trey could get one dribble past the defenders. Hope quin can build on that.

When Trey did get towards the rim It looked like a few times He went off the wrong foot and a few times he shot a quick floater to keep the help defenders from blocking the shot.

Anyone could diagnose his problem: he is a shameless chucker. He has court vision but closes his eyes. He is a much better player if he is simply less selfish as a basketball player.

To defend Trey: I do feel like he got the ball with <5 seconds on the shot clock ALOT. A lot of it resulting from playing with guys like Ingles/Millsap/Johnson/Booker who really couldn't make their own shots..

Counterpoint: He spends way too much time just holding/dribbling the ball which caused some of the late shot clocks.

My hope is that the return of Burks takes possessions away from Burke and he realizes we have enough playmakers that he doesn't need to force as much.