What's new

Alternative Views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F3tptzEWmM

you may think the two acts are different, but the psychological motives are the same. bynum's is exacerbated by the extreme size difference. paul may have take then same route, but being extremely undersized comparatively went a different route.

and of course it is supposed to be a justification. players in the nba are uber-competitive. they hate losing and sometimes react poorly. melo's thrown punches, kg has thrown punches, vicious elbows happen all the time. nothing wrong with a guy who has an edge, only becomes questionable when the behavior frequently appears. one act in an 8 year career isn't too big a cause for concern.

and no nba player has interest in utah, but they all have interest in money.

I will watch the video later and try to be fair and objective. As for the no player has interest in Utah I think that is overblown. Moutnain out a of a molehill.

Just say no to Andrew Bynum. Maybe for a team with an abject lack of big men, not for a team with at least two promising and/or productive ones.

Just say no to Andrew Bynum. Maybe for a team with an abject lack of big men, not for a team with at least two promising and/or productive ones.

Kanter/Favors isn't enough. We need a star player who draws opponent's defensive focus to increase everyone else's offensive efficiency. Bynum on the block, or running P&R does just that.

If Kanter/Favors got the same pressure full-time that Al usually drew, they do not maintain their level of efficiency. They needed Al, Bynum fulfills same purpose.

I would rather have millsap or Jefferson back than Bynum. We would be bitching so much about Bynum it would not even be funny.

Kanter/Favors isn't enough. We need a star player who draws opponent's defensive focus to increase everyone else's offensive efficiency. Bynum on the block, or running P&R does just that.

Kanter will demand a double team on the block, and Favors will in the high post/pick and roll. We just need a third big who does not get in his own way on offense, and can defend some. Kanter and Favors should be getting the bulk of the minutes, and there is no need to feature anyone else at the big man spots on our team.

Kanter will demand a double team on the block, and Favors will in the high post/pick and roll. We just need a third big who does not get in his own way on offense, and can defend some. Kanter and Favors should be getting the bulk of the minutes, and there is no need to feature anyone else at the big man spots on our team.

Everything we have seen of them is either against 2nd unit guys, or secondary defenders because better offensive threats were on the floor. I don't think they are good enough yet offensively to warrant the same focus any other of our star bigs have recieved.

He might be better, but not a single person has seen him play consistently ever... and he is a head case. If we are going for a head case, at least go for cousins.

I do agree with you there, and I wouldn't mind Cousins at all.

Everything we have seen of them is either against 2nd unit guys, or secondary defenders because better offensive threats were on the floor. I don't think they are good enough yet offensively to warrant the same focus any other of our star bigs have recieved.

yeah, that makes sense, lets get some more proven vets to bury them behind so we don't have to make sure they are ready against the big boys yet. If they are not ready yet, then we suck and get a draft pick that is really good next year. If they are ready, then that is great. If they are going to suck, I would rather know now, than wait all these years on the future. Let's not put more vets in front of any of the C4, just let them see what they can give us.

Resign Millsap on clear terms for the right price. Let him know that this is now the C4s team and we would like him to be a part of that as a 6th man.

I'd also resign Foye on clear terms that the he is a bench player that will be used situationally to stretch the floor. No more starts.

Tinsley on the clear terms that he is the 3rd string PG.

Mo, Watson and Big Al can hit the road.

I just don't think Sap wants that. He'll try to go somewhere else, and end up being that 6th man anyway(unless they are a bottom dweller/hole at his position).
He just seemed off this year even though he was never put in that situation.

Sap was good for us, but it's probably time to move on.

I just don't think Sap wants that. He'll try to go somewhere else, and end up being that 6th man anyway(unless they are a bottom dweller/hole at his position).
He just seemed off this year even though he was never put in that situation.

Sap was good for us, but it's probably time to move on.

When I talk about clear terms I mean basically telling him what he will be on the team and seeing if he can accept that. If not then wish him the best of luck with his next team. Same with Foye.

Resign Millsap on clear terms for the right price. Let him know that this is now the C4s team and we would like him to be a part of that as a 6th man.

I'd also resign Foye on clear terms that the he is a bench player that will be used situationally to stretch the floor. No more starts.

Tinsley on the clear terms that he is the 3rd string PG.

Mo, Watson and Big Al can hit the road.
If that was the deal and they were paid accordingly that would be great.
However, That will not happen with Millsap. He is gone. I don't think he has any interest in that role for this team. There have been some disturbing things being said by the radio guys about Millsap now that it is obvious he is not coming back.
Maybe Foye would accept that type of role. And he seems to really like it here. Whether he still likes it while being a situational player is a real question.
I have no desire to see Tinsley back. I think a 3rd string PG is not needed with Burks here. I think we need 2 PG's that are upgrades to both Mo and Tinsley/Watson. And I don't think upgrading Tinsley/Watson is difficult.

If that was the deal and they were paid accordingly that would be great.
However, That will not happen with Millsap. He is gone. I don't think he has any interest in that role for this team. There have been some disturbing things being said by the radio guys about Millsap now that it is obvious he is not coming back.
Maybe Foye would accept that type of role. And he seems to really like it here. Whether he still likes it while being a situational player is a real question.
I have no desire to see Tinsley back. I think a 3rd string PG is not needed with Burks here. I think we need 2 PG's that are upgrades to both Mo and Tinsley/Watson. And I don't think upgrading Tinsley/Watson is difficult.

Agreed. our PG play was like 29th or 30th in the league this year. We desperately need better PG play.

When I talk about clear terms I mean basically telling him what he will be on the team and seeing if he can accept that. If not then wish him the best of luck with his next team. Same with Foye.

I understood what you are saying Stoked. I think we also know that.

#1. Corbin would never do that.
#2. He wouldn't accept it.

Agreed. our PG play was like 29th or 30th in the league this year. We desperately need better PG play.

Bledsoe and then a PG in the draft maybe? If the Jazz let all the FAs walk they could still throw a nice offer someone elses way. Or trade for Landry or Tony Allen?