What's new

America is great and everything is NOT Pres. Trump's fault thread

Same. Doesn’t mean I can’t see them as wasteful.

The way I look at that is a mismeasurement of what waste actually is. Government employees are not productive in the typical sense of making things to take to market. That's waste from a purely physical, hold it in your hands and own something tangible perspective. Their value lies in what the voters decide to "waste" resources on in order to accomplish a goal. That structure is basically waste in that traditional sense by design, but it's what we have decided as the best course of action so why do we call it waste? I liken it to a firefighter. The typical view is a bunch of muscled hunks sitting around playing cards, bbqing, lifting weights like a jug head, waiting for a fire. Waste? Sure in the tangible sense but I damn well want those emergency responders ready and waiting. The value look f their production actually is something tangible so come to think of it maybe I need an analogy update.

I also appreciate how gov't employees protect the sanctity of a fair market. That's not waste IMO, and something far long forgotten about what a government employee is. So there's something for the free mar minn et capitalism crowd.

Blah, blah. You asked.

As as I said in the first paragraph, I don't know how serious you specifically were. I even pointed out a reason for the doubt. Still, your diatribe certainly resembled diatribes from many people who are perfectly serious and quite unaware of their privileged status.

Why continue assuming you know the thoughts of this group you allege is unaware of whatever privileges yet to be defined that you assume they are unaware of?

For all I know, assuming you are in all the categories you listed, you could still be disadvantaged in any number of ways. I'm lucky enough to be on the positive axis of every category of privilege I've seen described, except for religion, and it has given me tremendous social power I did not earn. I do make efforts to use that power for those with fewer privileges.

And you assume others of unlike disposition dont?

If this were a board game of trying to win votes, I would care. I think it's sad that people who get enormous social advantages can't take the time to appreciate them and help others.

Agreed. I it is sad when people with an advantage in life don't use it to better humanity in the way they think to.

Sorry, but when white people tell black people when and where to protest, it always seems to be "in the time and place where I don't have to bothered by it". When men tell women what feminism means, it always seems to mean something that makes the men more comfortable. Real social change creates bother and is uncomfortable. Not telling people the actual effects of their whitesplaining/mansplaining is not doing anyone a favor.

I dont live in the world you describe so I cant relate, really. On a political note, I'm of the opinion that our current Republican party should do all in its power to support protests and actively support measures that help underprivileged vote even though that would likely cost them seats. I dont know the legal aspects there but it seems not right for a political party to sponsor quick, easy voting locations. People would be way too leery.

While I don't claim to know everything about anyone life, I do know what privilege does for that life and the many ways it can help a life even when times are rough. It's my lived experience, and I'm not going to stop talking about that simply to make other people comfortable.

This is more assumption of the mind of others. Both on the POV that you think others dont realise their station in life and that your opinion makes them uncomfortable. I'm not discomfited by you expressing yours, are you? I appreciate that you do.

Only one of us is casting "listening" as "assumptions" and casting "help others" as "divisiveness".

Yes I am casting a philosophy based on dividing people into groups based on a scorecard as divisiveness, by their very own definition. What of it?

I eagerly wait your long list of injustices done to "the other side", after you calculate in the effects of years of social planning, redlining, exclusion, etc. I mean, you're not going to pretend that everyone gets an equal start right now, equal treatment in elementary schools, etc., are you?

If you believe that marginalizing, castigating, and systematically attacking large swaths of people isnt an injustice then the entire notion of standing up for those similar classes of people is empty. It's a philosophy centered on your opinion of who deserves your protection and focus. Broken philosophy.

Enough of my high horse. My main goal here is to explain the thought process of a group of people who generally do a terrible job at it on their own.

Why continue assuming you know the thoughts of this group you allege is unaware of whatever privileges yet to be defined that you assume they are unaware of?

Multiple interactions over many years where they tell me they don't have such privileges. I suppose they all could have been lying.

And you assume others of unlike disposition dont?

If by "assume" you mean "have observed", many times. Men who talk over women in meetings, white people who express irrational fears of black people, straight people who equate homosexuality with weakness, etc.

I dont live in the world you describe so I cant relate, really.

You don't live in a world where people try to stop NFL players from kneeling during the national anthem?

On a political note, I'm of the opinion that our current Republican party should do all in its power to support protests and actively support measures that help underprivileged vote even though that would likely cost them seats. I dont know the legal aspects there but it seems not right for a political party to sponsor quick, easy voting locations. People would be way too leery.

I would not expect Republicans nor Democrats to act against their self-interests. For many people, power is the most addictive drug of them all.

Both on the POV that you think others dont realise their station in life and that your opinion makes them uncomfortable. I'm not discomfited by you expressing yours, are you? I appreciate that you do.

I did not quite follow what you meant here. I would agree that very few statements I make about how white people/men/etc react apply to every single white person/man/etc., if that's what you meant.

Still, it's true that the discussion makes people uncomfortable. You may not have noticed, but I make it a point to never directly insult other people on this board, nor have I ever told someone "this is what you think" (except when their posting history belies their claims), yet I am still regarded as antagonistic by many. A large part of that is because what I say make people uncomfortable.

Yes I am casting a philosophy based on dividing people into groups based on a scorecard as divisiveness, by their very own definition. What of it?

My philosophy is based on uniting people and bringing them together by recognizing the artificial separations currently imposed by culture.

If you believe that marginalizing, castigating, and systematically attacking large swaths of people isnt an injustice then the entire notion of standing up for those similar classes of people is empty. It's a philosophy centered on your opinion of who deserves your protection and focus. Broken philosophy.

You can't marginalize those with social power, and I don't attack any people at all. I agree "castigating" is a fair description of what I do at times. I don't consider it an injustice to remind people of their many be

Everyone deserves protection and focus. Some people already have sizable access to it by virtue of their privilege, others have much less access. I do focus on those who have less access.

Enough of my high horse. My main goal here is to explain the thought process of a group of people who generally do a terrible job at it on their own.

That is also a commendable and important thing to do. I have no complaints, and great respect, for the undertaking.

OB's world where people physically tried to keep people from kneeling? Where, when,? Yeah dude, I dont live in the alternate reality you portray.

I don't recall saying "physically". I think threatening to fine players and refusing to hire Kapernick count as "trying to stop".

I don't recall saying "physically". I think threatening to fine players and refusing to hire Kapernick count as "trying to stop".

I think as their employer the agency has some leeway on prohibiting certain actions and statements, verbal and physical, while on company time. I personally think the anthem shouldn’t be played and that the players should be able to kneel if they want to. But I am fine with their employer saying no. Do it on your own time. I have to.

Germany started a universal health care program under Bismarck, not Hitler. More than half of Europe had a version of it before WWI.

WRONG
just PLAIN WRONG!

Bismarck introduced a healthcare plan only for government workers and people of LOW income! about fluctuation 5-10% of the total population was covered by it until hitler made it 100% for EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hitler came in and EXPANDED it to everybody!
this is a fact you cant deny!

we are destroying western cultures. the left is actively destroying and suppressing western christian judeo cultures

for what? meanwhile they promote barbaric backwards cultures.cultures are succesfull not because of slavery racism. these backwards cultures have had slavery longer, the west stopped slavery!

YES AMERICA IS GREAT! KEEP IT GREAT! MAKE IT GREAT AGAIN! however you wnana look at it. africa is not great it's mostly a ********. latin america is better then africa but still a ********! trust me i am in latin america now! midle east is a ********, and their is an osasis in the ******** the only democracy in the whole midle eastern ********!

i implore my american friends to keep freedom of speech, keep 2nd amendment, keep due process, keep everything that is about liberty1 reject backwards cultutres. you can accept people form backwards culture. but dont bring their culture in!

this post is the truth so it might be extremly offensive. but worth the 1 week ban see yah guys in a week

This will lead to a CIVIL war.

let me give you an example of the netherlands.
in the netherlands we have this holiday 5th of december. where a guy dresses up as a saint. and has these people called black pete following him around
these people are in blackface. i know offensive. do i agree with the holidaty, i dont know.
because opponents say those people in blackface are supposed to be slaves. proponents say no those people help the saint deliver present through a chimney so that is why they are covered in soot. i dont know the TRUE REAL HISTORY of it. because either side could be lying. anyway lets assume the worse it is a celebration of slavery old rich white man having these slaves! SO THIS IS WRONG to celebrate. (my personal opinion even if it is wrong to celebrate THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DO SO).
udaxvm8ap9yy_wd640.jpeg

so now for years the debate has been ban the blackface part. and they kinda did. at least government sponsored celebrations have now called them roughly translated "colourfull pete" so instead of blackface these guys now have different color faces except balck. some with decorations

gekleurde-pieten-800x500.jpg

so there you have it. the dutch have been welcoming to different cultures now they have to give up a part of their tradition!

then now look at it from the other side,. the dutch have different rules and laws for slaughter and raising of farm animals! by law. ritual slaughter is actually forbidden. because according to dutch law the animal has to be slaughtered humanly. that involves if i am not mistaken anesthetics(painkiller or sleeping thingy) and the animal is supposed to be killed with a bolt to the brain.I honestly dont know the exact law, but what i do know the way islamic/halal slaughter goes it is against that law. yet the islamic people claim it is their culture so **** your law, and the law agrees. it is your culture so **** us!
wether you agree with the law or not! but there are 2 different laws. the law is supposed to be equal wether you a dutchie or a islamist! cant have different sets of laws.

another example is you can blaspheme of christianity and judaism, but dont you dare blaspheme against islam you will litterally get fined and in some cases jailed

this keeps escalating. the local population and culture needs to sacrifice more and more and more and more and more and more
while the visitors, get to lsowly turn the host ocountry into their own old country which they fled from, which they made into a ********.

either the host country becomes like the country these refugees flee from, or people get tired of getting told **** you culture, and this inferiour culture keeps creeping and creeping until there is nothing left anymore!

or the more likely thing which is happening more and more is that people get tired of being told your culture needs to die, this inferior culture gets to do as they please. and then they stand up and vote! and if that wont work their will be a civil war. dmecoracy is accepting the outcome of an election. but with brexit sometimes people fail to accept the outcome1 when that happens even though people vote agains *** and it keeps getting pushed their will be civil war, it will spread across the world!

we are destroying western cultures. the left is actively destroying and suppressing western christian judeo cultures

You mean, like when women have to be careful about how they dress going through an Orthodox neighborhood in Brooklyn, or certain parts of the country dominated by fundamentalist Christians? We're suppressing that by them having to be careful around fundamentalist Muslims instead?

One Brow... there are so many of his posts lately that I have to stop and think about, really think, and still come away wondering if he is truly serious or intentionally obtuse. The jury is still out.

Same. Doesn’t mean I can’t see them as wasteful.
My dad worked as a civilian contractor at Hill Air Force Base in the 80's working on F-16 HUD's. He was literally called into the office and told that he was working too hard and that he needed to back off because he was making everyone look bad. That's my reference regarding gov't employees.

One Brow... there are so many of his posts lately that I have to stop and think about, really think, and still come away wondering if he is truly serious or intentionally obtuse. The jury is still out.

I assure you that any obtuseness on my part is unintentional. If you feel I am being particularly obtuse in a post, please feel free to point it out.

My dad worked as a civilian contractor at Hill Air Force Base in the 80's working on F-16 HUD's. He was literally called into the office and told that he was working too hard and that he needed to back off because he was making everyone look bad. That's my reference regarding gov't employees.

Yeah there is to much politics in it. I’ve seen and had similar experiences

You mean, like when women have to be careful about how they dress going through an Orthodox neighborhood in Brooklyn, or certain parts of the country dominated by fundamentalist Christians? We're suppressing that by them having to be careful around fundamentalist Muslims instead?
do they spit on them and use violence?

got any other source

I don't need one. While every newspaper makes errors, the percentage of time the Times makes an error about these items is small enough that the report is reliable.

Mistreatment of women, homosexuals, and the trans-gendered is not a specifically Islamic thing. It is performed by Jews, Christians, Hindu, Buddhists, Shinto, every other religion, and by people with no religion. It's a male thing (or more properly, a patriarchy thing).

The New York Times is not anywhere close to failing. Just another lie Trump supporters eat up. Its stock price has doubled since Trump took office and it continues to show healthy quarterly earnings. Furthermore, it currently has 4 million subscribers (most of any US daily newspaper and more than anytime in its history), and more than 3 million of those are digital which bodes well for future growth.