What's new

And with the #1 Pick the Philadelphia 76ers select Donovan Mitchell

Exactly my thoughts since the very first time that I saw him. Well put.

I think you could even add in some Obama to that mix... charismatic willing leader. I’m convinced he is also a savant and a full offseason to work on his craft will produce amazing results.

I’ve got a fever...

Just happy that the last couple of years drafts have had some major talent in it, it's been pretty average draft classes prior to 2016 with elite type players. DM fits best for Jazz situation.

Tatum definitely has all the skills to be awesome as well as Fox, Jackson from Pheonix and Fultz we don't know due to the injury making him change his game/shot. Good draft class.

Yes because he is better defender.

Wade was a tremendous defender in his prime. Mitchell, to this point, has been average on defense.

Mitchell is really, really good. But Wade is a HOF player, and a top 5 guy at his position. I think y'all need to slow your roll, because I've seen this board say that Burks is the next Wade too.

If I had a perfect hindsight and knowing what we know today, and had an opportunity to pick between the two, I would pick Mitchell over Simmons. While Simmons had really good stats as a rookie (really rare stuff) the jump shot problems is going to be a big problem for him in his career. You don't develop a jump shot to be an elite skill if you are starting from zero.

He could be man... dwade never shot the ball like I think Donovan can. Wade also benefited from different officiating.

If Damian Lillard and dwade had a baby it’d be Donovan Mitchell. I think he will score 30 a game, or damn close to it, at his peak.

This. After the draft I called Mitchell D-Wade with a better jump shot. If Mitchell can defend on Wade's prime level it will be amazing. Physically, they have the same wingspan and similar weight. Only difference is wade is 6'4 and Mitchell is 6'3. How good of a defender was Wade his rookie season? Also, Wade was a junior and Mitchell was a sophomore.

Wade was a tremendous defender in his prime. Mitchell, to this point, has been average on defense.

Mitchell is really, really good. But Wade is a HOF player, and a top 5 guy at his position. I think y'all need to slow your roll, because I've seen this board say that Burks is the next Wade too.

Burks is the next wade... wade Baldwin.

Look at their rookie years... saying wade would be wade was a stretch... but DMs numbers are better.

CJ Miles was the next MJ too. Fanz gonna fan.

Burks is the next wade... wade Baldwin.

Look at their rookie years... saying wade would be wade was a stretch... but DMs numbers are better.

Hey we're all wrong occasionally lol.

All I'm saying is that it's too early to say Donovan is better than a HOF player. Let's see how he develops, and continues to play. If he gets better, he's got a real shot at it, but he's gotta get a lot better first.