What's new

And with the 4th pick, the Utah Jazz selects....

And with the 4th pick, the Utah Jazz selects

• Exum

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • Randle

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Gordon

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Smart

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Vonleh

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other (please specify below)

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Im torn between randle and gordon.

It would come down to combine and personal workouts.

There are some Australian Jazz fanz around here. They must be really enthusiastic about the possibility of Jazz selecting Exum.. and im too! We should pick Exum if we get the 4th pick.

Change it to the International Jazz. France, Turkey, Australia, America...

I'll be one of the few lone holdouts for Smart after the top 3. I just like his fire, and I honestly think fire mixed with talent is usually the recipe for success in professional sports. Granted I know people question the 2nd part of equation for Smart, and I would agree his shot concerns me. Plus the Jazz really seem to lack someone who seems to really care out there, and it bugs the hell out of me.

I second this.

Gotta go with Gordon for his defense and high ceiling. To me, Exum is the one with bust potential. He reminds me of Marvin Williams when he was drafted. Totally based on perceived potential, but little or no track record.

Once again, people of Utah are leaning the wrong way.

The selection should be Randle without doubt or second thoughts.

Finish fourht, probably do not get 4th pick.

If we stay fourth, it is unlikely (<10%) that we get the fourth pick. The only way we get the fourth pick is if nobody breaks into the top 3 (stays with three worst records). I don't remember this ever happening (looked back about 10 years).
First = .119
Second = .126
Third = .133
Fourth = .099
Fifth = .351
Sixth = .160
Seventh = .012

Here is my list and their issues.

Randle-Undersized, wont work with Favors

Exum-can't shoot, does he work with Burke?

Smart-can't shoot, does he work with Burke?

Gordon-can't shoot, what position does he play?

If we stay fourth, it is unlikely (<10%) that we get the fourth pick. The only way we get the fourth pick is if nobody breaks into the top 3 (stays with three worst records). I don't remember this ever happening (looked back about 10 years).
First = .119
Second = .126
Third = .133
Fourth = .099
Fifth = .351
Sixth = .160
Seventh = .012

Here is my list and their issues.

Randle-Undersized, wont work with Favors

Exum-can't shoot, does he work with Burke?

Smart-can't shoot, does he work with Burke?

Gordon-can't shoot, what position does he play?

Answer the question chumps

Draft Randle for the 4 spot, play Favors @ 5. I think Favors and Randle would create major defensive problems for other teams (with the right coach). Randle also has as much if not more upside then Kanter offensively.

Then I look for McDermott or Young w/ the GS pick, if that means moving Kanter, so be it.

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

The NCAAs were very revealing: 1) The supposed Big Three in the draft -- Wiggins, Parker and Emblid -- are more like the Middle-sized Three and not significantly better than the next three or four guys -- Exum, Vonleh, Smart, Gordon; and 2) Another way of looking at it is the 4-7 guys have the potential to equal or surpass the Middle-sized Three over time. As long as the Jazz have one of the top seven picks, we will get a great young player. Hence, the title: Don't Worry, Be Happy! Better days are ahead.

Hit the draft machine 10 times. 7/10 times the lakers got a better pick than us, twice the SUNS got the #1 pick, and 0 times the Jazz got the #1 pick.
I hope the machine is broken...

I'll pretty happy with any of the top 8. Though I'd rather have a 2 or 3 player with a nice shot.