What's new

And with the 4th pick, the Utah Jazz selects....

And with the 4th pick, the Utah Jazz selects

• Exum

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • Randle

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Gordon

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Smart

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Vonleh

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other (please specify below)

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Hit the draft machine 10 times. 7/10 times the lakers got a better pick than us, twice the SUNS got the #1 pick, and 0 times the Jazz got the #1 pick.
I hope the machine is broken...

What is your location? I hit the draft tool 50-100 times and estimate an over abundance of Utah at #1 - my internet point of presence is utah. So i think the tool is rigged to make you feel better...

Exum is PG - Burke will be good, so i could pass (and i know nothing but the hype about Exum)
Smart is PG/SG - i like Burks enough to not need a similar player
That leaves randle or Gordon. My full on scouting effort (a few NCAA games) showed randle gettin doubled and not gordon, Randle looks like beast. however, Randle is a similar player as kanter. So i'm torn, becuase gordon 'fits' a jazz need - but i don't want what seems to be a non-shooter at his position. So i took Randle at 4. And use Kanter as trade option if all goes well.

Isn't it funny how Exum hasn't played 1 college game, or any meaningful game over the past 6 months, yet everyone seems to give him a free pass???

The Harrison brothers were ranked ahead of him, but have really suffered from playing in College this year.
You did this last year with Schrodum.
Here is my list and their issues.

Randle-Undersized, wont work with Favors

Exum-can't shoot, does he work with Burke?

Smart-can't shoot, does he work with Burke?

Gordon-can't shoot, what position does he play?
This is why I'm high on Vonleh

1. Not undersized

2. He has proven he can shoot some from the 4 spot

3. Works well with Favors. Can guard smaller or bigger 4's, could be a good help defender

The others mentioned are more ready to play right away, but Vonleh is 18, and already showing some of the skills needed to be very good.
Gordon or Smart for me. You guys thinking that Exum is something special are right. He will be most special bust from this draft.
agree on Exum
I'm on the 'I-think-Exum-will-be-an-All Star' bandwagon.
based on what exactly?!?! You know next to nothing about him.

If we stay fourth, it is unlikely (<10%) that we get the fourth pick. The only way we get the fourth pick is if nobody breaks into the top 3 (stays with three worst records). I don't remember this ever happening (looked back about 10 years).
First = .119
Second = .126
Third = .133
Fourth = .099
Fifth = .351
Sixth = .160
Seventh = .012

Adding 5th pick info and changing the view a bit:
4th pick................5th pick
1,2 3 = 38%..........29%
4th = 10%............0%
5,6 = 51%.............62%