What's new

Andrei Kirilenko returns to CSKA Moscow

Seems like the NBA could take a nob from Europe and put ads on jerseys if they are really having such a hard time generating $$$. Yes it would be ugly as hell, but I don't really care that much about Jerseys.

Page 2 starts with a bang:

1317735966.jpg

Imagine what the NBA would do now if the Jazz had a promo pic with AK holding an AK in it.

AK is such a good player, its a pity that he doesnt play with his full potential in our team

I really feel that AK plays excellent for our team. I think the fans expect so much from him, that when he doesnt deliver the way that we would like, he is ridiculed more than most. But AK provides quality minutes for us on a night in and night out basis. How many players can you name that are in the NBA that would donate ALL of their offseason playing money to Charity. The NBA needs players like AK and it would be a loss for all NBA teams and players if he doesnt return. People love to pound on this guy, but when he's gone, this website will be filled with Ak lovin hypocrits.

I really feel that AK plays excellent for our team. I think the fans expect so much from him, that when he doesnt deliver the way that we would like, he is ridiculed more than most. But AK provides quality minutes for us on a night in and night out basis. How many players can you name that are in the NBA that would donate ALL of their offseason playing money to Charity. The NBA needs players like AK and it would be a loss for all NBA teams and players if he doesnt return. People love to pound on this guy, but when he's gone, this website will be filled with Ak lovin hypocrits.

here's the problem -- so many of AK's qualities are hard to quantify, but by the same token, the flaws that stem from those qualities are pretty easy for doubters to point to. how often does AK make a defensive play that doesn't show up the stat sheet? (great ball denial D on the guy we don't want to get the ball, closing the lane on help defense to stop a drive and force the opposing offense to reset, altering a shot that he didn't block, or even something as simple as shouting out directions since at this point he knows the jazz's defensive scheme better than anybody.) how much of his offensive game doesnt' show up in the stat sheet? (his amazing court vision that i would say rivals all but the top PGs in the league, his slashing ability that creates offensive space because defenses have to take him seriously, the huge number of hockey assists he gets or the fact that he has played 4 positions frequently enough to know where everyone is going to be.)

casual fans -- or at least casual AK observers -- see right past all that and simplify his performance to this: AK either had a box-score-stuffing, versatile performance or he didn't. my argument is -- and has been for roughly 9 years now -- that no other jazz player who has taken the floor in that period of time is as capable of changing a game without having a good statistical performance. not booz, not memo, not millsap, not jefferson, not even DW when he was here. if DW's stat line looked like a clunker, he probably didn't help the jazz win that night. AK's contributions can be statistical wonders (like 17 points, 15 reb, 5 asts, and 4 blocks for CSKA the other day)... they can also be subtle enough that it's easy not to see it if you decide not to watch for it.

Hell yes.

here's the problem -- so many of AK's qualities are hard to quantify, but by the same token, the flaws that stem from those qualities are pretty easy for doubters to point to. how often does AK make a defensive play that doesn't show up the stat sheet? (great ball denial D on the guy we don't want to get the ball, closing the lane on help defense to stop a drive and force the opposing offense to reset, altering a shot that he didn't block, or even something as simple as shouting out directions since at this point he knows the jazz's defensive scheme better than anybody.) how much of his offensive game doesnt' show up in the stat sheet? (his amazing court vision that i would say rivals all but the top PGs in the league, his slashing ability that creates offensive space because defenses have to take him seriously, the huge number of hockey assists he gets or the fact that he has played 4 positions frequently enough to know where everyone is going to be.)

casual fans -- or at least casual AK observers -- see right past all that and simplify his performance to this: AK either had a box-score-stuffing, versatile performance or he didn't. my argument is -- and has been for roughly 9 years now -- that no other jazz player who has taken the floor in that period of time is as capable of changing a game without having a good statistical performance. not booz, not memo, not millsap, not jefferson, not even DW when he was here. if DW's stat line looked like a clunker, he probably didn't help the jazz win that night. AK's contributions can be statistical wonders (like 17 points, 15 reb, 5 asts, and 4 blocks for CSKA the other day)... they can also be subtle enough that it's easy not to see it if you decide not to watch for it.

Hell yes, again.

There is a part of me that would LOVE to see AK on the Knicks or Spurs, just to watch him come back to Utah and kill the living **** out of us. I don't care where he goes, I will always be an AK fan. I really hate AK haters -- almost as much as C.J..

Spot on. I don't have a problem with fans claiming that AK has been overpaid because he has been. Those who claim that he isn't an impact role player are missing a lot of what's going on out there on the court.

AK's first season adjusting to the DWill-Boozer duo (Deron's second season, 06/07) was his only real stinker, and he knew it (which is why he cried). AK has a few productive years left in him, and if the Jazz can sign him for a reasonable amount for two years, or front-loaded for three, he can help institute whatever new schemes the coaching staff is considering. He and Millsap would both be perfect teachers for the young players.

Spot on. I don't have a problem with fans claiming that AK has been overpaid because he has been. Those who claim that he isn't an impact role player are missing a lot of what's going on out there on the court.

AK's first season adjusting to the DWill-Boozer duo (Deron's second season, 06/07) was his only real stinker, and he knew it (which is why he cried). AK has a few productive years left in him, and if the Jazz can sign him for a reasonable amount for two years, or front-loaded for three, he can help institute whatever new schemes the coaching staff is considering. He and Millsap would both be perfect teachers for the young players.

I agree with all but that.

I m great admirer of AKs talents and i think there were two problems, one was the salary which is not a problem anymore, the second one was his mood in the team. It was pretty obvious he didnt feel comfortable with Sloans system, and he wanted to be more free like he is in Russia and CSKA moscow, and he didnt have very good relations with Boozer and D will. I think in the rebuilding process, AK would be a great asset if he agrees to around 6-7 million per year, because he is one of the best all around SFs in the league undoubtedly

I would sign under it

"Andrei Kirilenko returns to CSKA Moscow!"

.....now if he would return about 3/4ths of the money he made with the Jazz while producing virtually nothing...THAT would be great news!