What's new

Anfernee Simons

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
A report from KOC says Porty is trying to win now by moving #3 and Simons. Anfernee just not a great fit with Dame. If he is reasonably priced I'm interested. I think I had pitched some version of a three way deal where John Collins ends up in Portland and we take Simons... Atlanta gets some cap savings.

Anyway the kid just turned 24. He scores at decent volume and efficiency. Had a run in November with Dame out where he was 25 and 5 on good efficiency. So how we feeling about him? Good stats bad team guy? Empty calories? or primed for a breakout.

I think Hardy could do some things with him.

It would cost Lauri. For that reason, I HIGHLY doubt that Portland would accept my deal.

The only way I do that is if I get Shaedon Sharpe, Simons, & #3. If I were to grab Simons it would be with the intent to flip him for something I really want... say, another draft pick in this year's lottery. Then I walk away with a core of Sharpe, Scoot, Walker, Ochai, Anthony Black, and say... Grady Dick. It's just so horizontal that I am not really a fan.

It would cost Lauri. For that reason, I HIGHLY doubt that Portland would accept my deal.

The only way I do that is if I get Shaedon Sharpe, Simons, & #3. If I were to grab Simons it would be with the intent to flip him for something I really want... say, another draft pick in this year's lottery.
Just to be clear. I am talking about just getting simons… that’s the target.

I won't pretend to have watched much or to know his game. But the vibes I get are he's not a 'winning' player.

Could put up 25PPG on a terrible team but would get exposed on defense and hurt your team in the playoffs.

Of course it depends on the price... but IMO he's not a needle mover so... I'd rather us keep our powder dry for a chance at something better.

Of course it depends on the price... but IMO he's not a needle mover so... I'd rather us keep our powder dry for a chance at something better.
The price is a big part of this. I think he might be sold off on the cheap. I also think he's a guy ready for a glow up potentially. Like if I was picking 10 guys that "popped" out of nowhere I think Simons in a different situation would be very high on the list.

I get the concerns on him though. I just see a damn good shooter, very athletic, in the right age range, guy who may not have a great situation. He's had some durability issues and the defense is bad.

I think price and fit with Collin (if you didn't move him in another deal) are my biggest concerns. I only want him if they are selling on the cheap.

I'm gonna be annoying again and just mention that whatever we might spend on Simons, we should spend on Quickley instead. Maybe Simons can be had for cheap, but he was valued at 4/$100 and I don't think that's seen as a negative deal. 4/$100 was seen as Quickley's top end from Scotto, so I'm under the assumption they are seen as a similar value but could be wrong on that.

I'd probably go for Jordan Poole instead, but I think Sexton is just fine and also at the right price point. Clarkson ain't bad either depending on his contract.

I'm gonna be annoying again and just mention that whatever we might spend on Simons, we should spend on Quickley instead. Maybe Simons can be had for cheap, but he was valued at 4/$100 and I don't think that's seen as a negative deal. 4/$100 was seen as Quickley's top end from Scotto, so I'm under the assumption they are seen as a similar value but could be wrong on that.

I'd probably go for Jordan Poole instead, but I think Sexton is just fine and also at the right price point. Clarkson ain't bad either depending on his contract.
I would prefer quickly but his acquisition price will be steeper than I'd like to pay. Simons might be as well... it just seems like most of these rumors kinda throw him in as salary ballast. I think almost no matter what they do that Simons will be moved.

On Poole... I just worry he is not a serious enough person. Sexton and JC are fine too and there is overlap... just think Simons might offer more at some point.

The feedback was asked for and is appreciated.

A report from KOC says Porty is trying to win now by moving #3 and Simons. Anfernee just not a great fit with Dame. If he is reasonably priced I'm interested. I think I had pitched some version of a three way deal where John Collins ends up in Portland and we take Simons... Atlanta gets some cap savings.

Anyway the kid just turned 24. He scores at decent volume and efficiency. Had a run in November with Dame out where he was 25 and 5 on good efficiency. So how we feeling about him? Good stats bad team guy? Empty calories? or primed for a breakout.

I think Hardy could do some things with him.
Seems like I remember him whooping our asses one game. Like a career high or something.

I won't pretend to have watched much or to know his game. But the vibes I get are he's not a 'winning' player.

Could put up 25PPG on a terrible team but would get exposed on defense and hurt your team in the playoffs.
When I saw him play he reminded me of Clarkson tbh. And im never sure how I feel about clarkson. One minute I love his game and the next minute I hate it.

Wow. Clarkson and Simons stats are almost identical. If you like Clarksons game then you would probably like simons game. I give a slight edge to simons statistically (a little more efficient) and a slight edge to Clarksons size but Simons appears to basically be a younger version of Clarkson. It eerie how similar the stats are. Simons shoots hella threes (9.1 attempts per game at 38% fwiw) 89.4% from the line.

Clarkson takes 16.9 shots per game and makes 7.5.
Simons takes 16.9 shots per game and makes 7.5.
Clarkson averaged 32.6 minutes per game
Simons averaged 35 minutes per game
Clarkson started 61 games last season
Simons started 62 games last season
Clarkson 4.4 assists per game
Simons 4.1 assists per game
etc etc
If we are losing Clarkson then I wouldn't mind getting this dude for the right price.

If you had a big pg to pair with him like Black or JHS I would love the idea of Simons. I also wonder if he is good enough as a passer to move over to pg as his primary position. Positions are so fluid these days.

I just think there is still some potential to be tapped there. Not that there is ever a glow up like Lauri had with us this far into their careers... but if I was picking someone for the Lauri Glow Up Award I think Simons would be a top 5 guess... if he had a new situation.

The only way I do that is if I get Shaedon Sharpe, Simons, & #3. If I were to grab Simons it would be with the intent to flip him for something I really want... say, another draft pick in this year's lottery. Then I walk away with a core of Sharpe, Scoot, Walker, Ochai, Anthony Black, and say... Grady Dick. It's just so horizontal that I am not really a fan.
Not that I want him or anything, but lol at you thinking it would take Markkanen to get him. What’s wrong with you?