What's new

Anfernee Simons

Wow. Clarkson and Simons stats are almost identical. If you like Clarksons game then you would probably like simons game. I give a slight edge to simons statistically (a little more efficient) and a slight edge to Clarksons size but Simons appears to basically be a younger version of Clarkson. It eerie how similar the stats are. Simons shoots hella threes (9.1 attempts per game at 38% fwiw) 89.4% from the line.

If we are losing Clarkson then I wouldn't mind getting this dude for the right price.
Its the age too... if you think Simons can grow from here that will be a big separator. I don't think Billups is a great coach... I don't think he's the ideal backcourt mate for Dame... I just wonder if there is more there and if he gets sold for cheap (something Portland does frequently ask @KqWIN )

I think it would be in the Blazers best interest to just rip the band aid off now and start a rebuild. Get as much as you can for Dame, keep 3 and draft Scoot or Miller.
It would also be nice if Dame would stop being "I'm mr. loyal... I ain't never asking out... also here are my top three destinations if I do ask out".

Just tell em you want out... everyone will understand.

Wow. Clarkson and Simons stats are almost identical. If you like Clarksons game then you would probably like simons game. I give a slight edge to simons statistically (a little more efficient) and a slight edge to Clarksons size but Simons appears to basically be a younger version of Clarkson. It eerie how similar the stats are. Simons shoots hella threes (9.1 attempts per game at 38% fwiw) 89.4% from the line.

Clarkson takes 16.9 shots per game and makes 7.5.
Simons takes 16.9 shots per game and makes 7.5.
Clarkson averaged 32.6 minutes per game
Simons averaged 35 minutes per game
Clarkson started 61 games last season
Simons started 62 games last season
Clarkson 4.4 assists per game
Simons 4.1 assists per game
etc etc
If we are losing Clarkson then I wouldn't mind getting this dude for the right price.
As you mentioned Simons is also smaller and skinnier. His contract will guarantee him $100 mil over the next 4 years and in the big scheme of things he's not a needle mover. Defensively he's a sieve and isn't any more of a PG than JC.

Even despite his age I'd prefer to bring back Jordan assuming he's amenable to it and willing to take a smaller contract.

I think the realistic option would be trading picks and taking Simons back. Give whatever team is giving up the best player cap relief and picks.

As you mentioned Simons is also smaller and skinnier. His contract will guarantee him $100 mil over the next 4 years and in the big scheme of things he's not a needle mover. Defensively he's a sieve and isn't any more of a PG than JC.

Even despite his age I'd prefer to bring back Jordan assuming he's amenable to it and willing to take a smaller contract.
three years left and like 77.5M.

I get the other stuff... I really do... i think there is more there than a JC gunner. He does have a 6.9.5" wingspan so he's small for a SG but if he was more of a PG or next to say Anthony Black... I think it might be an ideal setup for him to be awesome.

Porty and Orlando should do a Carter Jr., 6, 11 for #3 and Nurkic deal... maybe a bit too much to give up for Orlando... so might need something back.

Then sell #11 or #6 depending on what is available. Split the asset and improve... if you must keep Dame.

Simons for John Collins is something I think would interest Portland... Atlanta would not be into it... and that is where I thought we might be able to jump in and nab Simons (maybe not this exact deal but one like it).

Honestly, if Dame is demanding better players and wants you to trade the number 3 pick for them.... you trade Dame for another good pick this year.

Blazers should build around Sharpe and the #3 pick. Trade everyone else for assets. That's what I would do.

Ofc they will do the exact opposite.