What's new

Another mass shooting

Like I said, can't do that based on current case law, so need to focus on something that will be overturned. Washington had a recent ban, and based on the last 2 Sup Ct cases, I guarantee it will be struck down. Other than putting $ in politicians campaigns, the entire effort will be fruitless.
I'm aware of cases that don't allow for a ban of all guns. I am not familiar with any case that says you can't restrict a specific style of gun.

I'm aware of cases that don't allow for a ban of all guns. I am not familiar with any case that says you can't restrict a specific style of gun.
I can't provide specifics, but D.C. had a semi-auto handgun ban as far as I remember. It was struck down based on this is a common and useful means of self-defense. This was struck down before Trump appointed anyone. There have been a few more defeats at the SC with the more recent make-up of the SC.

I doubt a specific style ban will stand.

Two male Florida siblings have been arrested and charged after one of them allegedly fatally shot their sister amid a Christmas Eve argument over presents. The second brother then allegedly shot the other for shooting their sister.

A 14-year-old brother is accused of fatally shooting his 23-year-old sister, Abrielle Baldwin, in the chest, the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday. His 15-year-old sibling then allegedly shot him in response.

WTF

Two male Florida siblings have been arrested and charged after one of them allegedly fatally shot their sister amid a Christmas Eve argument over presents. The second brother then allegedly shot the other for shooting their sister.

A 14-year-old brother is accused of fatally shooting his 23-year-old sister, Abrielle Baldwin, in the chest, the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday. His 15-year-old sibling then allegedly shot him in response.

WTF
I think this is their Christmas card this year

enhanced-29746-1449436233-2.jpg