What's new

Ante Tomic

Just like you told me the Lopez twins wouldn't find success in the NBA?
I only made a comment about Brook, and it was based on much more than a ten minute viewing. I was wrong, but that doesn't mean I'm going to shut my mouth. Everyone's wrong sometimes.

And, again, I'm giving you my impressions based on watching a small portion of the game yesterday. We'll see what happens.

Would Minny consider the 9th pick, Tomic, and a future 1st for #4? Is that even enough? Hell, I'd do two future 1sts in 2012 and 2014.

Then, if we can't get Favors there, trade Philly Millsap, the #4 and the Memphis pick for the #2 to get Favors who can play center imo. Or do a S&T of Booze and #4 for #2 and something else. Possible?

In short, I think Favors may be the guy to get. That combination of size, athleticism, attitude and upside rarely comes along.

Huh? Why don't we just package all of our players, ESA and Gail for a magical Unicorn and everyone on Jazzfanz gets one ride each? Thats about as realistic as this scenario. So Tomic/Millsap/#9/Memphis pick/and potentially two other firsts in the 2012 and 2014 drafts.....for Favors?!?! And then in the other scenario, we nicely ask the NBA to delay the draft until July 1st so we can sign and then trade Carlos Boozer? I suppose we could always put KOC on aforementioned Unicorn, and on his ride he can fly through time a few weeks into the future and complete that blockbuster.

Last edited:
Is Tomic that much different than say Monroe? Yes, I think Monroe weighs more and is a better passer but Tomic is taller, seems much tougher in every vid I've seen, and has a low post game light years ahead of Monroe's. Obviously age plays into there being a greater difference than perhaps I'm recognizing but still. Tomic may have a value of around the 10th-15th pick.

That said, we have the 9th pick, Tomic who I'll value at the 15th (though I think he's valued much better than the Larry Sanders of the world and in a worser draft would be more like the 5th-10th), the Memphis pick which seems worthless but you never know, and other assets in Millsap, AK's expiring, or Boozer in a S&T to use to move up.

Would Minny consider the 9th pick, Tomic, and a future 1st for #4? Is that even enough? Hell, I'd do two future 1sts in 2012 and 2014.

Then, if we can't get Favors there, trade Philly Millsap, the #4 and the Memphis pick for the #2 to get Favors who can play center imo. Or do a S&T of Booze and #4 for #2 and something else. Possible?

In short, I think Favors may be the guy to get. That combination of size, athleticism, attitude and upside rarely comes along.

I like Favors, but that is a rather massive gamble for a guy that only was able to average 12 and 8 in his freshman year. Is Favors is anything less than a superstar we are pretty much screwed for 5 years.

I like Tomic, but Jazz will have to wait two more years to get him. Jazz have build roster as if they will not get him though. If he does decide to play for Jazz in the future consider that a bonus pick.

From what I have seen of him Tomic could be a great player in the NBA. We talk about his age at 23 like that is a problem. Remember that Matthews is 23 and I feel that he well get better by playing. I see Tomic being the same. Putting on the pounds shouldn't be a problem if he has the work ethic and wants to train.

Kevin O'connor talked about Tomic at the end of the second round the other night. He said he is progressing very well in one of the best leagues in Europe and perhaps he will come over next year. He also said that the other Euro player they drafted that year, Dragicevic, will be coming to play in the summer league this year.

From the deseret news:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/700043065/Utah-Jazz-draft-Jeremy-Evans-in-2nd-round.html

Another second-round Jazz pick, 2008 53rd pick Tadija Dragicevic of Serbia, will also join the team for the first time in Florida.

Utah's other '08 second-round selection, Croatia's Ante Tomic, is under contract for another year with Real Madrid. The 7-foot-2 center does not have an NBA buyout clause, so the Jazz will have to wait until 2011 to decide his fate with the franchise.

O'Connor seemed excited about Tomic's progress, though.

"He's really been developing extremely well, playing in the highest level over in Europe," O'Connor said. "He had a stretch in the middle of the season where he was one of the best players in Europe, one of the best big men in Europe, at a young age."

Tomic has 16 months 'til his first regular season NBA game hopefully. Please continue to progress some, mostly on the defensive end, and put on about five to ten pounds of lean muscle.

Damn, Dwill has to be excited for the next Pau Gasol. Remember Pau Gasol had problems with being to weak, then he put on some muscle, now he is considered the best big man in the league.

Kareem was known to play some D in his day, and the average NBA athlete was a lot different in the 70s and 80s (bunch of slow, thin, slow, weak white guys) than it is today.

I'm just giving my impression after watching 10 minutes or so of him play. He doesn't "look" like an NBA player. I could, of course, be wrong, but I don't see how he matches up with anyone at the NBA level.

Nate Thurmond, Artis Gilmore, Bob Lanier, do I need to go on.

Nate Thurmond, Artis Gilmore, Bob Lanier, do I need to go on.

WARNING WARNING WARNING ------------------DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU GET OFFENDED EASILY!----------------------WARNING WARNING WARNING

lol facts.
Question: Who cares about facts.
Answer : Mentally Challenged Jazzfanz Members

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

What is Mentally Challened Jazzfanz Members?

Correct!

Origami for 300, Alex.