What's new

Ante Tomic

WARNING WARNING WARNING ------------------DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU GET OFFENDED EASILY!----------------------WARNING WARNING WARNING

Boom Bitches trumps talent! So says Urban Dictionary.

Getting Tomic this year has to be very unlikely. I would feel a lot better about everything if that were to happen. I don't think the guy is Gasol or anything, but I would feel better having him in there rather than dumb and dumber.

I know everyone thinks Gasol is so much bigger than Tomic, but take a look at this video and see how skinny Gasol was before he came to the league and in his first years in the league. If Tomic keeps progressing, he could be like Gasol. He has the height and the skills. He does need to put on a little more weight. But he's one of the best centers in Europe right now and he will continue to get better. In one year, we will have our future center and defensive presence...hopefully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PkjGzbZVxY&feature=related

I'd rather Tomic just stay there, develop some more, notably on defense, and gain 5-10 pounds of lean muscle.

I agree. Jazz should be in no rush to get him over here.

He's Jazz property for awhile. Let his Euro contract run out and then offer him a good deal.

He doesn't look anywhere near as fluid as Gasol. Too bad we can't get him to run with the summer league team though because I would definitely like to see a little more of him .

I'd rather Tomic just stay there, develop some more, notably on defense, and gain 5-10 pounds of lean muscle.
WARNING WARNING WARNING ------------------DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU GET OFFENDED EASILY!----------------------WARNING WARNING WARNING

I'll admit that I don't know a lot about Tomic but is there any guarantee that he's trying to put on 5-10 pounds? If he was with the Jazz they would be working to get his weight up. I have no confidence that the team he is with right now is asking him to do that.

food for thought!

I agree. Jazz should be in no rush to get him over here.

He's Jazz property for awhile. Let his Euro contract run out and then offer him a good deal.

What if he signs an extension with his current team to ensure is future? If the Jazz really think this guy can play they should bring him over ASAP.

From the deseret news:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/700043065/Utah-Jazz-draft-Jeremy-Evans-in-2nd-round.html

Another second-round Jazz pick, 2008 53rd pick Tadija Dragicevic of Serbia, will also join the team for the first time in Florida.

Utah's other '08 second-round selection, Croatia's Ante Tomic, is under contract for another year with Real Madrid. The 7-foot-2 center does not have an NBA buyout clause, so the Jazz will have to wait until 2011 to decide his fate with the franchise.

O'Connor seemed excited about Tomic's progress, though.

"He's really been developing extremely well, playing in the highest level over in Europe," O'Connor said. "He had a stretch in the middle of the season where he was one of the best players in Europe, one of the best big men in Europe, at a young age."

Any chance KOC has a trick up his sleeve and buys out Tomic for this year?

From all I've heard, that's simply not possible. Tomic is under contract, and there's no buyout provision.

KOC said there is always a buyout when asked about Tomic.

I realize I can be really stupid sometimes, so can someone please explain to me what exactly this means:

Utah's other '08 second-round selection, Croatia's Ante Tomic, is under contract for another year with Real Madrid. The 7-foot-2 center does not have an NBA buyout clause, so the Jazz will have to wait until 2011 to decide his fate with the franchise.

I mean, I can read the words, I'm just not sure I'm properly comprehending their meaning. HELP!

I think his buyout is enormous right now. More than any NBA team would pay. Jazz can contact his agent though and show some interest.

I would imagine it means his current team doesn't have to do anything if they don't want to. His current team could ask for any amount to let him out of his contract. He is at the mercy of his current club. Has this kid every said he wanted to play in the NBA?

also if i remember right isant there a nba rule that a team can give so much money towards the buy out and the player has to come up with the rest?

Yes, you are right. $500,000 is all they can spend. The Player has to come up with the rest.