What's new

Anti Trans Laws

You know, we'll do what we can. They're an adult (but still living with us...), so all we can do really is support them. I don't know yet if there's going to be anything medical going on or not.
Know that I have very thick skin and you can be as mean to me as serves your purposes. It is fine. I make a good punching bag.

I just read a book with a non-binary character, and the they/them pronouns kept tripping me up. It will take some getting used to, and I'm sure your child will understand if you get it wrong sometimes. Obviously love is most important to you and your wife.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

I just read a book with a non-binary character, and the they/them pronouns kept tripping me up. It will take some getting used to, and I'm sure your child will understand if you get it wrong sometimes. Obviously love is most important to you and your wife.

Ya i read an article about someone who is non binary (courtney stodden maybe) and it was a pain in the ***. Didnt know what the hell was going on.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

My youngest child just came out as non-binary to us. This is going to take some adjustment, mostly in terms of vocabulary. Like, my initial thought was to say "my son came out as non-binary" but that's just wrong on the face of it.

Luckily, they went out of town for the weekend right afterwards, so my wife and I have been trying to get our screwups out of the way as much as we can NOW while they're gone.
It's a process. I've been messing that up all weekend. Don't expect to be perfect over a year, much less a weekend.

In person its much easier because of body language and intentions make it more obvious. Its much more difficult when reading it.

In person its much easier because of body language and intentions make it more obvious. Its much more difficult when reading it.
Maybe true in interpersonal situations, but I've seen it a bit in work environments and the normies come away feeling like they were attacked for not knowing what to do. This causes them to ridicule the situation and blame the non-binary person for their own discomfort and discredit the entire concept.

I've seen it a few times and in all cases the non-binary person quit before there was any chance for them to overcome the bias. This was in a company that supposedly had significant support for the LGBTQ+ community.

Maybe true in interpersonal situations, but I've seen it a bit in work environments and the normies come away feeling like they were attacked for not knowing what to do. This causes them to ridicule the situation and blame the non-binary person for their own discomfort and discredit the entire concept.

I've seen it a few times and in all cases the non-binary person quit before there was any chance for them to overcome the bias. This was in a company that supposedly had significant support for the LGBTQ+ community.
That is true, I guess I was speaking from someone who is somewhat used to being around those situations. Non supportive people will feel attacked for all sorts of things as well. It is a hard situation in general. We just need it to be more open and common and more people will get used to it.

But I see people uncomfortable with all sorts of things they don't need to be.

That is true, I guess I was speaking from someone who is somewhat used to being around those situations. Non supportive people will feel attacked for all sorts of things as well. It is a hard situation in general. We just need it to be more open and common and more people will get used to it.

But I see people uncomfortable with all sorts of things they don't need to be.
100%

A lot of this is situational and a lot of it is holding the hands of people who are uncomfortable and helping them understand what is happening.

That is a huge part of how I approach these issues because I know a lot of introduction and familiarization needs to happen before acceptance happens.

I'm all about giving people a place to make a soft landing on these issues.

Even funnier because heating ********* reduces sperm production.
There you go again Dr Fauci with all your facts and expertise. Well I got news for you, I did my own research. If I want to slather my tool with tanning lotion and fry it under some red lamp, I should be able too! Muh freedom to fake bake my *********

That's why I love Turkish, no gendered pronouns. So unnecessary.

You know, there have been a few times when I've been around someone who intentionally keeps misgendering a trans person. Rather than sitting there fighting about it, I simple start misgendering THEM. Loudly.

You know, there have been a few times when I've been around someone who intentionally keeps misgendering a trans person. Rather than sitting there fighting about it, I simple start misgendering THEM. Loudly.
I struggle with the whole two wrongs thing, but you might have the right idea.