What's new

Antiabortion protestors threaten CVS and customers

One Brow

Contributor

Some quotes that stood out to me:
“We want people to be uncomfortable going into a CVS that has a demonstration going on and to consider going to a different pharmacy,” said Caroline Smith, a leader of the group Progressive Anti-Abortion Uprising. “

“If Walgreens wants to learn anything from more than 50 years of our abortion activism, it’s that we will not give up,” said Kristi Hamrick, the vice president of policy for Students for Life of America. “They should be concerned about the kind of liability they will face.”

My employer's health plan has a preference for CVS (my wife does not want to use the mail to get out prescriptions). The one we use is inside a Schnuck's, so we probably won't face anything, but it bothers me that most of the people going to CVS are there for reasons that have nothing to do with pregnancy at all, yet will be subjected to people screaming in their face.

My employer's health plan has a preference for CVS (my wife does not want to use the mail to get out prescriptions). The one we use is inside a Schnuck's, so we probably won't face anything, but it bothers me that most of the people going to CVS are there for reasons that have nothing to do with pregnancy at all, yet will be subjected to people screaming in their face.
The progressive's love of cancel culture, of using social pressure like screaming at customer's faces to force change, is a thing you and I seem to agree on. It is toeing the line of terrorism. Progressives suck.

The progressive's love of cancel culture, of using social pressure like screaming at customer's faces to force change, is a thing you and I seem to agree on. It is toeing the line of terrorism. Progressives suck.
I never realized the antiabortion activists were progressives. What a font of something wisdomlikeish you are.

I never realized the antiabortion activists were progressives.
I don't think most antiabortion activists are progressive but the group engaged in this CVS action describe themselves as "Progressive Anti-Abortion Uprising". Their behavior points to being Progressive and their name points to being Progressive.

I don't think most antiabortion activists are progressive but the group engaged in this CVS action describe themselves as "Progressive Anti-Abortion Uprising". Their behavior points to being Progressive and their name points to being Progressive.
Got it. You're the sort of person that thinks the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a republic, run on democratic principles, and for the benefit of the majority of the population. Cool.

This highlights one of the main issues I have with the antiabortion movement. They’re not pro life. If they were pro life they wouldn’t be intimidating and harassing people for getting health care. One of the main ways abortion is avoided is through contraception. Contraception that they’re now trying to prevent people from obtaining.

You can’t claim to be pro life yet fight the measures, health care and education, that help prevent unwanted pregnancies and abortion.

Last edited:
Got it. You're the sort of person that thinks the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a republic, run on democratic principles, and for the benefit of the majority of the population. Cool.
Also must subscribe to the notion that all sparrows are birds, therefore all birds are sparrows.

You can’t claim to be pro life yet fight the measures, health care and education, that help prevent unwanted pregnancies and abortion.
You're saying one can't be considered pro life if that same person opposes the means by which life creation is thwarted. In your mind, the only way to be pro life is to be pro ending life and pro avoiding life. Wow....just...bravo. That is some of your best ever.

Also must subscribe to the notion that all sparrows are birds, therefore all birds are sparrows.
Well, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a sparrow because ducks are birds.

You're saying one can't be considered pro life if that same person opposes the means by which life creation is thwarted. In your mind, the only way to be pro life is to be pro ending life and pro avoiding life. Wow....just...bravo. That is some of your best ever.
Yep, pro life is more like forced birth. Dont want to get pregnant? Too bad, you have to. Good point.

Haha. You really should have just quit while you were behind….

Haha. You really should have just quit while you were behind….
So all Donald Trump has to do is call himself the greatest democrat of all time and suddenly, he is the democratic candidate! Crazy how that works! Just like the Christian Scientists are a foremost scientific group. Hell, it's in their name! They must be scientists!

But hey you gotta give Al a lot of credit, he is a foremost troll on this site, no doubt.

So all Donald Trump has to do is call himself the greatest democrat of all time and suddenly, he is the democratic candidate!
That is exactly what Donald Trump did only you've got the party label reversed. Trump was a lifelong democrat then called himself a republican and became the Republican President.

As for North Korea's structure, if I knew nothing about North Korea's government but viewed evidence from unaffiliated third parties showing the population voting and governmental limitations on what popular opinion could accomplish then I'd agree they were a Democratic Republic. Similarly, I know nothing about the group 'Progressive Anti-Abortion Uprising' and have seen evidence from unaffiliated third parties in the form of a media article showing them plotting to engage in the quasi-terroristic tactic that progressives are so fond of. Twist the language all you want but it doesn't detract from the obvious fact that progressive groups are the most likely to utilize this type of social pressure to accomplish their goals.

The main progressive groups that I am aware of either have limited demonstrations or mainly gather to oppose right-wing terrorist tactics.
The single largest organization I know of engaging in this type of action is Sleeping Giants and they proudly proclaim their progressiveness.

225px-Sleeping_Giants_Logo.png

The single largest organization I know of engaging in this type of action is Sleeping Giants and they proudly proclaim their progressiveness.
From what I can tell, they operate online, which is very different from protesting at store entrances.

Is it? How? The point of both is to harm sales of commercial entities in an effort to bring about actions they favor.
You seriously dont see how someone being threatening online is different than in person?

You seriously dont see how someone being threatening online is different than in person?
Nope. No one is being threatened because that would be against the law. This group of progressives is making a show in front of CVS to motivate people to use a different seller for whatever it was they wanted to purchase. The method of using a threat to company profits via social action is the same. If there were actual threats or violence involved then that would be different but as far as I can tell that is a detail you fabricated to draw a distinction where none exists. Progressives are gonna progressive.