What's new

Anybody here ever been to India?

Carbon13

Planning on flying to Delhi at the end of June for my friend's wedding. I am just diving into the visa process and from what I can tell, it is a disjointed cluster ****. Has anybody here gone through this process? Any suggestions for travel companies that could help expedite the visa process?

Good luck! It took my sister 3 months to get a visa for Venezuela. Not the same circumstance but I've heard it's a bitch of a process nonetheless.

No but holy **** prepare to turn it up to 11 at the wedding. You have NO idea what you're in for ;)

Indian weddings are the ****ing dopest. I'm hoping you get the full experience

Good luck! It took my sister 3 months to get a visa for Venezuela. Not the same circumstance but I've heard it's a bitch of a process nonetheless.

How recent was that? Did she like it? I think it would be kind of sweet to go there right now just to a ground view of the current chaos....those are always the most interesting travel experiences. Not that it wasn't crazy before.....

I concur. I have only 3 places on my bucket list to visit before I die... Madagascar, Galapagos and New Zealand.
Those are three good ones, but I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to visit India if you got the opportunity. I'd go in a heartbeat.

Imagine you had a dental emergency while in India and you visit this doctor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR8tIjTykbE

Imagine you had a dental emergency while in India and you visit this doctor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR8tIjTykbE
You are inventing things to worry about. Not only is he not the only dentist in India, but the chances that you would have a dental emergency so dire while on your trip that you couldn't return to your regular dentist to have it solved are incredibly remote.

Call me a chicken but safety is a major concern for me in that area.

Haven't you lived part of your life in Soviet Union? If yes, then i think that India is not a problem for you.

I was in India from 12.03.2010 to 27.03.2010 with my friend who is now my wife :-D
We stayed one night in Delhi in Karol Bagh, then 2 nights in Munnar, 2 nights in Thekkady, 1 night in house boat, 2 nights in Varkala, 1 night in Delhi, 2 nights in Varanasi and again 2 nights in Delhi.
Although we got the stomach-toilet fever in the last day the whole trip was awesome. We had hired a for days in Kerala so we did not had to use buses or trains. Took 4 domestic flights between Delhi-Kochi and Delhi-Varanasi. I think that if you are not politically correct and say something nasty :) to everybody who approaches you (and there will be a lot of that kind of persons) then everything should be OK.

After visiting India it is very easy to say that you are a lucky that you were born in USA or Europe and not in India.

Haven't you lived part of your life in Soviet Union? If yes, then i think that India is not a problem for you.

Not sure what you mean by that? Former Soviet Union was actually very safe country. Crime was pretty much minimal. Nobody was afraid to let little kids play outside unsupervised all day long or let them take public transportation to school and back starting at the age of 7 years.

Are there people that don't like curry? Seems like one of the varieties would just about suit anybody.

I can't stand it. Just the flavor. When I was in my 20's I used to love it but one night after eating it I got violently ill. I think it was just the flu but I was barfing up curry all night. To this day the smell of it makes my stomach wretch.

My parents went to India and they said the whole country pretty much smells like curry and that even when you order food without curry it still has a curry flavor. Yeah, I think I am good if I never go to India.