What's new

Anyone else think we should've kept Millsap?

I follow the Hawks because of Paul. Awesome player and awesome dude. Should have retired a jazzman.

I love Millsap, but there is a BIG assumption some of you are making: That Millsap would have developed in Utah the way he developed in Atlanta. He was in a rut during his last year here, his energy was lower than before, he was not developing, and he needed a change of scenery.

I love Millsap, but there is a BIG assumption some of you are making: That Millsap would have developed in Utah the way he developed in Atlanta. He was in a rut during his last year here, his energy was lower than before, he was not developing, and he needed a change of scenery.

That low energy year would have put him 3rd in scoring for the Jazz with 7.1 rebounds per game while shooting .490 from the field and .333 from 3. I would take that.

Absolutely ****ing incredible.

Everyone is aware that Millsap in year five and beyond is better than Favors has ever been (and he just finished year 6), right? Apparently not.

But sure, you're not technically wrong. Ginobili has been better than the player he subs in for as well.

I'm just saying now what I was saying then. And maybe you missed the part where I said he is obviously more than a bench player. But yeah, if you can get a very good starter to come off the bench then that's a good thing, right? And maybe if Millsap was happily coming off the bench for Favors we eventually decide he's actually the better option to start and then we have to hope Favors is willing to come off the bench.

We let Millsap and Jefferson walk to tank for

Wait for it

Dante Exum

Maybe we should let Hayward walk for nothing too.

There's a large contingent of Jazz fans that will bury their heads up their asses no matter what Millsap does and I have to either accept that or do a better job of ignoring buffoonery.

Did someone piss in your mouth thissmorning or just on your face?

Go to hell and burn in a lake of hot lava! A laker of hot lava!

Unless Exum turns into an extremely good player, it certifiably was a mistake (Gobert and Hood still would've been available to draft). Even if that means they traded Millsap. Totally wasted asset.

Letting him walk for nothing was without a doubt, the mistake. He was unrestricted on a team that was barely a pretender. I'll never understand why so many fans assume Utah actually had a choice in the matter. I believe Sap was on his way out, regardless.

Letting him walk for nothing was without a doubt, the mistake. He was unrestricted on a team that was barely a pretender. I'll never understand why so many fans assume Utah actually had a choice in the matter. I believe Sap was on his way out, regardless.

And I'll never understand hoes who think loyalty does not matter. Trust me, Hayward n Faves are lifers.

Questioning his development is one thing, but you are buying into a lie of you think he lacked something his last year in utah. His numbers were virtually the same. He wasn't in decline at all.

He said he was really surprised utah didn't even give him an offer. By all accounts he liked the organization and wanted to stay.

Or neither.

And I'm not sure buffoonery explains the strange fixation on length. Who enjoys daily reminders of their inadequacies, even when perched safely high up in the cab of their lifted pickup? There's something self-affirming about proclaiming 'we have length!'

He said he was really surprised utah didn't even give him an offer. By all accounts he liked the organization and wanted to stay.

I have no doubts he was surprised at not getting an offer, but I'm not buying the wanting to stay part. The team had clearly regressed each year over his last 3, and his body language the last year appeared to me as a player who had lost interest. Anyway, we've been over this enough times, that I'm sure I won't be changing anyone's mind.

Either way, Utah made the right decision to rebuild IMO, and the big mistake was not making it 1.5 years sooner.

Carry on.

But yeah, if you can get a very good starter to come off the bench then that's a good thing, right? And maybe if Millsap was happily coming off the bench for Favors we eventually decide he's actually the better option to start and then we have to hope Favors is willing to come off the bench.
Maybe? Eventually? Jesus.

So much dumb.

This is a terrible time to bring up Milsap. He has done well for Atlanta but he has personally choked in this first round of playoffs. Outside of his "breakout game" he has been really bad. That 1-12 shooting game... And his only big game he choked in the end and his team lost.

I love Milsap but I prefer Favors. He is a better defender. Milsap has been better at defense since he left Utah but he was terrible his final season here defensively. We gave him a chance to be a starter and it seemed clear he should come off the bench, a role he did not want. He left and expanded his game which is great for him but that probably doesn't happen if he stays with the Jazz. Also he is more versatile than Favors offensively at the 4 but efficiency wise he is not doing much more offensively than Favors and he has a real point guard getting him good looks and their offense is much better spaced than the Jazz. Milsap next to Gobert and with the pg fiasco we have had recently he would not be putting up better offensive numbers than Favors. Favors is also more versatile in being able to play the 4 or 5 well. I know Milsap can step into the 3 but not for long periods of time.

Relax. Millsap is not as good a defensive player as Favors.
He just finished 5th in DPOY voting, and finished 3rd among PFs -- and 2nd among those how played 20+ minutes per game -- in defensive Real Plus-Minus (Favors was 19th). Millsap is far better than anyone currently on the Jazz roster. To suggest that he'd come off the bench is ludicrous.

Remember the "big" lineup of Jefferson/Favors/Millsap. It worked well for awhile until Popovich crushed it like a bug in the playoffs.