What's new

Anyone worried about the Donovan media tour?

Some people love insinuating stuff with no evidence. Guy was just cleared to practice. So he is out living his life. In no way does this always lead to getting full of yourself. Kid is 21 years old and is handling life better than most people his age. There is nothing to worry about. DM will be ready when the season starts. I have no doubt.

giphy.gif

This is why I am not concerned....

The Jazz and Donovan have a lot of catching up to do. Let the NBA and Adidas promote the kid.

He’d said recently that now that his media tour is pretty much over that it was time to get back to work. I’d expect to see him at the summer league games and back around Salt Lake.
Donovan seems to be Adidas’ new poster boy. Hope the Spida shoes are coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it’s only been a month since the season ended. let this man enjoy the break

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I like the idea that Donovan being out there and getting that press increases the chances of landing free agents. He's a one-man PR machine. The hug for Grayson, him at the front table in his red suit standing up(and kind of stealing the thunder) to shake B.S.'s hand, etc. He's a shrewd operator and doesn't shy away from anyone or anything... yet he's also down to earth and humble; combined with his play he is the ultimate superstar. The Jazz should give him a end of year bonus for all of the extra work he's putting in.

This is why I am not concerned....

The Jazz and Donovan have a lot of catching up to do. Let the NBA and Adidas promote the kid.

If Nike had the damn things available online or in stores they might sale a little better. They literally just came back in stock here in stores about a week ago. They were the first statement and white jerseys I’d seen in months even in Utah and don’t even think about a city jersey. Still not any of Fanzz online. None on the NBA store. Honestly Jazz fans should call/contact Nike and complain about the availability of DMs jersey. I get that he was a 13th pick no one knew and they probably didn’t realize the star he would be or his jersey would be in such demand, but catch up already. Being sponsored by Adidas, maybe it would have been better if Adidas still had the jersey contract with the NBA. I think the biggest reason he’s not on this list is you can’t get his jersey. If you want to complain to Nike here’s a link, you can call or use chat:

https://help-en-us.nike.com/

What Donovan’s doing is building a brand, and it’s obviously important to him. He can do whatever he wants as long as he comes back next season ready to go. He also deserves any down time he takes.

If we're worried about our superstar taking media jaunts around the world in his off time to keep commitments and build his name brand, which benefits the Jazz in so many ways; then I don't think we deserve to have a superstar.

Do you think Nike isnt promoting Mitchel jerseys because he is an Adidas guy?
No, they just want to sale jerseys, I’m just saying with how much Adidas is pumping him, they might have put a bigger focus on getting one of their newest athletes jerseys out there quicker than Nike. Adidas seemed to keep jerseys in stock better than Nike overall IMO. I’m sure next season they’ll be expecting his jersey to sell more than they were expecting this season, but I do think a big reason he’s not on that list is his jersey isn’t as easy to come by.

No. He should do all he wants and can do and have fun too as long as he prioritizes and takes care of business. For a young guy without a family, Utah is boring (along with half of the NBA), so live it up without doing anything stupid.

To me this has been exactly what the Jazz need. A huge rising star out there busting barriers and misconceptions. He’s placing the Jazz front and center. This has the potential to be even better for the Jazz than DL has been on that front.

This is really all that needs to be said. No no one should worry at all. All any Jazz fan should be saying right now is—thank you Donovan, we love you.