What's new

Game Thread Apr 02, 2024 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Cavaliers

Added to Calendar: 04-02-24

Brice is one 20 point game performance away from the front office declaring him the starting 2 guard next year.

Brice looks the most mature of our rooks to me so far. Seems to have the awareness for playmaking and play a team game.

The turnovers were the problem. But yeah.
For sure. Bad game from Sexton.
Just saying that a bad game from Clarkson or key is lots of turnovers, bad defense and 3-15 shooting.

Even in bad games Sexton is still putting the ball in the hoop at a high level. Led the team in assists too (7)

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I cannot fathom how Keyonte got 36 minutes of PT in this game. I know I said he is starting to look a bit like Clarkson 2.0 but I didnt think he would get the full Clarkson minutes treatment as well. Dude is out there looking like the worst of our rookies and still leads the team in minutes.

Also the glaring absence of not doing any of the little things is beginning to worry me. I'm not out on him but MAN has he been rough lately.

On a more positive note, Brice looks like a real solid offensive player. That 2 man drive going back and forth with Yurt7 in the 2nd half was high level IQ stuff. Hendricks also produces nice defensive highlights every game it seems, and had few nice offensive flashes (that pivot move in the first half being my favourite).

I cannot fathom how Keyonte got 36 minutes of PT in this game. I know I said he is starting to look a bit like Clarkson 2.0 but I didnt think he would get the full Clarkson minutes treatment as well. Dude is out there looking like the worst of our rookies and still leads the team in minutes.

Also the glaring absence of not doing any of the little things is beginning to worry me. I'm not out on him but MAN has he been rough lately.

On a more positive note, Brice looks like a real solid offensive player. That 2 man drive going back and forth with Yurt7 in the 2nd half was high level IQ stuff. Hendricks also produces nice defensive highlights every game it seems, and had few nice offensive flashes (that pivot move in the first half being my favourite).

Keyonte is definitely racking up some stinkers. He had a amazing and promising 5 game stretch, but he's mostly been bad since then. I think he might just be an inconsistent player, but I'm hoping it's just fatigue from playing so much and adjusting to being one of the main guys on the opposing team's scouting report.

Keyonte is definitely racking up some stinkers. He had a amazing and promising 5 game stretch, but he's mostly been bad since then. I think he might just be an inconsistent player, but I'm hoping it's just fatigue from playing so much and adjusting to being one of the main guys on the opposing team's scouting report.
And the fact he is playing with other rookies or scrubs (for the most part).

And the fact he is playing with other rookies or scrubs (for the most part).
Yeah agreed, It's a lot easier to look great as PG next to other great players. That also plays a lot in to the last thing I said, him being one of the focal points of the scouting report.

It is a little discouraging though. It feels like our other great players that we drafted (Deron, Hayward, Gobert, Mitchell) all got better as their rookie season went forward. Keyonte has been more of a roller coaster ride, with lots of really high highs, and tons of lows.

It seems to me that Key went in the toilet after Hardy praised him that he could be the Jazz next star. Maybe his head swelled up.

Well... at least Brice and Taylor looked comfortable.

Since our season is lost we may as well call up Kenneth and Darius and see how they play in a Jazz uniform.