What's new

Game Thread Apr 10, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Kings

Added to Calendar: 04-10-21

As long as the opposing team feels Royce is worthy of a defender, he's earning his position, even during a (still relatively small) slump.
I'm not sure the other team does feel royce is worthy of a defender since he seems to be wide open quite often.
I think the other team hopes that royce will shoot it when he gets the ball. I know I would if I were the opponent.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm not sure the other team does feel royce is worthy of a defender since he seems to be wide open quite often.
I think the other team hopes that royce will shoot it when he gets the ball. I know I would if I were the opponent.

Raul Neto had a nice game for the Wiz last night 24 points. He will come in with his hair on fire.

Rudy had a couple of huge blocks in the fourth that essentially sealed the victory. I hope we don't see his frustration boil over with lack of touches this year have an effect on his defense like last year, although I'd personally understand if it did. He was open so many times last night and guys just made no effort to get it to him. We need to make a conscious effort to get him the ball when he's so damn open.
I think the problem is that he fumbles the ball so often that they are reluctant to pass to him. I think Snyder ought to make a rule only to throw the ball to Rudy up high. He can't handle a bounce pass, even passes waist to chest high he has problems with. If Rudy only had Favors' hands, he'd be a HOF'r

I think Ingles was in better position for the rebound, in actuality, and Rudy is the one who forced it out of bounds.
I'd have to see the replay, but at the point they legit started fighting each other for control of the ball I remember Gobert having two hands on it at about his shoulder height and Ingles having one hand on it. Gobert then started to raise the ball and Ingles more or less used his one hand on the ball to dislodge Gobert's grip on it to the point that Gobert fumbled the ball, lost balance and couldn't stop himself from throwing the ball out of bounds as he tried not to fall over.

I'm glad they both went for it, but at the point that it became a struggle I feel like Ingles was the one who should have let go.

I am surprise that Oni is making 37 percent. Every time I watch him he is clanking 3pts. Your right about Hughes I haven't seen him play but he usually shoots it well when he does. My point isn't whether he deserves to play over Oni , the point is when Oni is 1-7 perhaps we try Hughes to see if he can produce. I love Royce's hustle and he is an above average rebounder for his size. Geez he had 14 rebounds last game. I just do not think he is a starter or a starting PF/SF on a championship team. Jazz need rebounding help on the second team so I would play him on the second unit.

I think Ingles was in better position for the rebound, in actuality, and Rudy is the one who forced it out of bounds.
I watched it five or six times. I think you are right. I don't think either saw the other one. I think it was after several times Rudy was open under the basket and he was ready to be pissed about anything.

Many of Conley's shots are wide open, as are Ingles'. It's almost as if we have an offense designed to create them.

If a team plans to leave Royce open, they'll regret it. Even with this slump, he's over 37% for the season so far.

I'd have to see the replay, but at the point they legit started fighting each other for control of the ball I remember Gobert having two hands on it at about his shoulder height and Ingles having one hand on it. Gobert then started to raise the ball and Ingles more or less used his one hand on the ball to dislodge Gobert's grip on it to the point that Gobert fumbled the ball, lost balance and couldn't stop himself from throwing the ball out of bounds as he tried not to fall over.

I'm glad they both went for it, but at the point that it became a struggle I feel like Ingles was the one who should have let go.
That isn't the way I recalled it, but I could be wrong, so I would have to see it again to know for sure.

I am surprise that Oni is making 37 percent. Every time I watch him he is clanking 3pts. Your right about Hughes I haven't seen him play but he usually shoots it well when he does. My point isn't whether he deserves to play over Oni , the point is when Oni is 1-7 perhaps we try Hughes to see if he can produce. I love Royce's hustle and he is an above average rebounder for his size. Geez he had 14 rebounds last game. I just do not think he is a starter or a starting PF/SF on a championship team. Jazz need rebounding help on the second team so I would play him on the second unit.
yeah oni at 37% is shocking. i thought he was at like 20%...but his % has gone down the past few games.

Many of Conley's shots are wide open, as are Ingles'. It's almost as if we have an offense designed to create them.

If a team plans to leave Royce open, they'll regret it. Even with this slump, he's over 37% for the season so far.
They don't regret it during the stretch that we are discussing currently. They love to see him shoot it.

Now if you want to discuss how teams feel about royce shooting when he is shooting closer to his average then that would be a different discussion.

That isn't the way I recalled it, but I could be wrong, so I would have to see it again to know for sure.
Yeah. I would too if I wanted to be sure.

Anyone remember about what point in the game it happened?

Yeah. I would too if I wanted to be sure.

Anyone remember about what point in the game it happened?
Did you see what Hearsky said? He watched it five or six times and agreed with me. I think people are right about Rudy not getting the ball. But in the beginning of the game he kept fumbling the passes, so it's understandable. Rudy needs to work on catching bounce passes or passes that are not up high if he expects to get the ball more.

Did you see what Hearsky said? He watched it five or six times and agreed with me.
I'll go look.

EDIT: I still have the game on my DVR. For my own sanity I might put some effort into finding it. I think it was in the 2nd qtr? But if both of you saw it differently I'm willing to concede the point.

Just like the article about Masha and the free pass, there was publicity in the early 2000s about Doug’s wife, where she would tail the team bus in her car and be on the phone with him. They renew three wedding vows every year. She doesn’t want any women anywhere around him or in the locker room.
IIRC, the renewing vows thing was like a full blown wedding every year, with their friends and family expected to dress to the 9s and bring gifts and such.

So ****ing bizarre.