What's new

Game Thread Apr 16, 2022 11:00AM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 04-16-22

a-shining-tee-for-a-wonderful-you-saying-rise-and-shine-its-basketball-time-tshirt-design-sports-roland-andres.jpg

What is with this early start??

I have to continue my tradition that started in the Clipper series of 2017 of downing beer during the jazz playoff games, yelling so loud my neighbors contemplate calling the cops to report a possible domestic dispute.

Looks like I'm getting drunk at 11am like an alcoholic.. Thanks NBA.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app
My dad broke his hand watching a jazz game and definitely had the cops visit his house one night during a jazz game because they thought there was a situation.

True legend.

My dad broke his hand watching a jazz game and definitely had the cops visit his house one night during a jazz game because they thought there was a situation.

True legend.
I remember hearing my dad screaming from his room furiously an entire afternoon (odd as it must have either been a weekend day game or maybe playoffs and hearing “Benoit, you suck!!!” very loudly, which was followed maybe 20 minutes later with “Benoit, you’re awesome!!!”

No broken hands from Jazz games, though. Only broken hearts.

I remember hearing my dad screaming from his room furiously an entire afternoon (odd as it must have either been a weekend day game or maybe playoffs and hearing “Benoit, you suck!!!” very loudly, which was followed maybe 20 minutes later with “Benoit, you’re awesome!!!”

No broken hands from Jazz games, though. Only broken hearts.
Step dad broke a remote during a Jazz game but he was generally unhinged so it was kinda another day in the office.

My dad is next level during sports though. Got tossed out of a few baseball and basketball games.

The hand was hilarious though… he owned a bar and watched while he worked… punched a beer cooler case… glass broke and his hand… double whammy. Dumb bastard finished the game before going to the hospital.

For me starting in 19h which is awsome. Most games starting around 3 after midnight so my wife calling me crazy. Didn't miss 1 single game this year.

That's some dedication. I decided this year that I'm too old too stay up late and I'm only on east coast time. In general I would watch the Eastern and Central games live, and the Mountain and Pacific time zone games on replay.

Not me. Go big or go home.

Start Rudy and Hassan. Give me some high low action. Old school twin tower action baby. Make basketball 2001 again.

View: https://youtu.be/hDG4ib2cu3w

I’d honestly throw out Rudy / Hassan / Juancho for 8 total minutes as a huge curve ball. Dominate the glass entirely. Discombobulate them, then go ahead and do our normal stuff the other 40 minutes. Let Hassan guard the paint. Unleash Rudy to do what he wants and play the roving AK role.

I’d honestly throw out Rudy / Hassan / Juancho for 8 total minutes as a huge curve ball. Dominate the glass entirely. Discombobulate them, then go ahead and do our normal stuff the other 40 minutes. Let Hassan guard the paint. Unleash Rudy to do what he wants and play the roving AK role.
I honestly wished we had tried something like this during the season. I also wished we had tried ultra fast small ball too. Unleash Butler/Conley, Clarkson, and Spida at the same time. We didn’t experiment enough with the lineups this year. Which is weird because I thought that was the lesson after last year? Try out zone defenses. Try out different lineups. You never know when throwing a wrinkle at a team in the playoffs might pay dividends, right?

So I've stayed up til 3am on Easter Sunday morning to watch this, this team better show up or i'll be ****ing pissed over lasagne at lunch tomorrow.

So I've stayed up til 3am on Easter Sunday morning to watch this, this team better show up or i'll be ****ing pissed over lasagne at lunch tomorrow.
What’s lasagne?