What's new

Game Thread Apr 16, 2022 11:00AM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 04-16-22

Official report is out. They say it wasn't a foul. (I feel it was! Push before the shot and plenty of body contact coming down.)

Did anyone make a meme of Snyder's face afterwards? That was one of the best I've seen.
Nonsense. Somebody post the clip. They got his head on the way down, among other things. The L2M report is nothing more than an opportunity to gaslight and/or a way to signal to officials what they like and don’t like.

Nonsense. Somebody post the clip. They got his head on the way down, among other things. The L2M report is nothing more than an opportunity to gaslight and/or a way to signal to officials what they like and don’t like.
I mean I felt like the got two video reviews wrong during the game… nba officiating is maybe a half step up from WWE.

L2M reports are a total sham.

If the refs called a foul on that Bogey drive, I guarantee the L2M would've said it was the correct call.

Yesterday reminds me of that series vs Denver during the Stockton Malone days. Think it was a second round series. Denver was the 8 seed and had just knocked off the #1 seed Sonics. The jazz went up 3-0, then for three games the reffing became incredibly one sided in favor of the nuggets, then in the 4th game the jazz just obliterated them. I believe Malone went nuts in that game that no amount of bad reffing could help the nuggets. But I remember it being so bad it was like the nba wanted to run with the underdog story after the nuggets did the unthinkable beating the 1 seed Sonics.

I think the league and the networks would like to give Luka a chance to play in the postseason. He's one of the most marketable rising stars in the league. The reffing got weird in the 4th quarter when the Mavs needed help coming back. I mean, the technical foul for too many players on the floor is almost unprecedented.

Is anybody genuinely concerned that the league was deliberately trying to do the Mavs a solid so that they can get Luka into Round 2?

I don't want that to be true, but rewatching the 4th quarter... damn we got a really bad whistle.

Official report is out. They say it wasn't a foul. (I feel it was! Push before the shot and plenty of body contact coming down.)
I don’t think so but at the same time, it wouldn’t surprise me. I don’t think so because if the league ever got caught trying to fix its own games, people would be going to prison I would think, so probably not but people do get cocky from time to time.
I was going to ask the same. I kinda want to see the clip myself. I feel like he got a player up in the air, was landed on and got hit on the head. Seemed like he got hacked pretty good too. Maybe I remember it wrong but that didn’t seem like a Ticky tack type foul.

I don’t think so but at the same time, it wouldn’t surprise me. I don’t think so because if the league ever got caught trying to fix its own games, people would be going to prison I would think, so probably not but people do get ****y from time to time.

I was going to ask the same. I kinda want to see the clip myself. I feel like he got a player up in the air, was landed on and got hit on the head. Seemed like he got hacked pretty good too. Maybe I remember it wrong but that didn’t seem like a Ticky tack type foul.
The Jazz feed showed a good replay.

I never learned how to post videos. I attempted but it won't let me embed the URL. It is posted at NBA.com in the play by play section:

The announcer was complaining about our foul to stop a fast break but seemed pretty chill about Dallas being whistled back into the game.
They are just vacuous shills.