What's new

Game Thread Apr 18, 2022 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 2

Added to Calendar: 04-18-22

Yeah I know you’d mentioned you do Hawaii a lot. It’s obviously the easiest default but I like the novelty of somewhere we’ve never been before. I know if we went to Mexico or Jamaica my wife would want to just do an all-inclusive if we took the kids but I like a bit more diversity and seeing local culture. We really like Puerto Rico and went there last year but got the itch for something new the next time we go somewhere. Our kids range from just about 14 to just about 4. Had the realization recently that the time is limited and won’t get it back so to do those experiences now rather than being too focused on long-term stuff.
For sure. Puerto Rico sounds dope. I just think Mexico is a little scary these days so we won’t be doing too much outside the resort. Headed to Xplor one day. I want to do a beachy non-Hawaii place next but I think the wife wants to do Europe… which sounds like it won’t be my jam. I think i will talk her in to something in the Caribbean.

I’ve been getting the itch to do a long RV trip… which will end in disaster but the kids are only young so long… ours are 6-15… 15 year old will hate it prolly. We have so much cool stuff within a few hours that we don’t get out to enough.

For sure. Puerto Rico sounds dope. I just think Mexico is a little scary these days so we won’t be doing too much outside the resort. Headed to Xplor one day. I want to do a beachy non-Hawaii place next but I think the wife wants to do Europe… which sounds like it won’t be my jam. I think i will talk her in to something in the Caribbean.

I’ve been getting the itch to do a long RV trip… which will end in disaster but the kids are only young so long… ours are 6-15… 15 year old will hate it prolly. We have so much cool stuff within a few hours that we don’t get out to enough.

I really enjoyed visiting Kauai this spring, particularly the north part of the island near Hanalei Bay.

Puerto Rico is really awesome. No passport needed and all US currency. Much cheaper than Hawaii. Water is much better. Some really great beaches. Hard to go wrong. A lot of specific recommendations if you ever go. Also you don’t have to take red eye flights back like you do from Hawaii. Europe is a good experience, especially if you’ve never been. A lot of high yield stuff. Did she have particular places in mind?

Puerto Rico is really awesome. No passport needed and all US currency. Much cheaper than Hawaii. Water is much better. Some really great beaches. Hard to go wrong. A lot of specific recommendations if you ever go. Also you don’t have to take red eye flights back like you do from Hawaii. Europe is a good experience, especially if you’ve never been. A lot of high yield stuff. Did she have particular places in mind?
We have friends in the Netherlands so we’d hang there for a while… that sounds like my kinda place. She’d want to hit Italy… she’s not into Paris but I’m sure we’d go there. I’m just more into nature than man made stuff… I’d rather roam the countryside in the Netherlands than see some old buildings where stuff happened.

Puerto Rico sounds perfect.

I really enjoyed visiting Kauai this spring, particularly the north part of the island near Hanalei Bay.
Kauai is awesome. When we went the north was partially closed for mudslides but we paddle a small river that went through a nature reserve. We have our own boards so it cost like $3 a person. Hana lei was super dope. We did the most amazing paddle and hike to this waterfall… it took a good part of the day but was just amazing. We also rafted down the old sugar field irrigation canals which was super fun. Would like to go again when north is open.

Maui is our favorite. Perfect mix of adventure and chill beaches. Kauai is a little slow at times. Oahu is by far my least favorite… not into Waikiki and the beaches were meh.

We really miss prime jingles. This team doesn’t have the ball movement, shooting, or swag without Jingles that it had last year. Had prime jingles in game 1, we would’ve mopped the floor of them. And Rudy would’ve definitely had more than 1 FG attempt for the game.

Obviously, getting the W is the most important thing. But one thing I didn’t see at all was any fun or pleasure from our team in game 1. Was anyone having fun? I want to see some emotion some actual joy in playing the game. I miss this so damn much:

View: https://youtu.be/LDNVrje8_3g

Remember when this team used to have fun?

View: https://youtu.be/Zy3fYqUSaok

View: https://youtu.be/SPMj1HFDPf0

We traded the heart of the team and haven't played with any heart since then.

Seriously though we play more like a team afraid of messing up and losing than one enjoying playing the game and winning together. It's a recipe for disaster.

We traded the heart of the team and haven't played with any heart since then.

Seriously though we play more like a team afraid of messing up and losing than one enjoying playing the game and winning together. It's a recipe for disaster.
Exactly.

We did trade the heart of this team which is a very Ainge like move. However, under the circumstances, lots of celebrating and having fun is out of place. There is a lot of pressure to win this series and that is as it should be. Celebrate a little if you win round 1.

Obviously, getting the W is the most important thing. But one thing I didn’t see at all was any fun or pleasure from our team in game 1. Was anyone having fun? I want to see some emotion some actual joy in playing the game. I miss this so damn much:

View: https://youtu.be/LDNVrje8_3g

Remember when this team used to have fun?

View: https://youtu.be/Zy3fYqUSaok

View: https://youtu.be/SPMj1HFDPf0

Bogey got into the spirit a couple times and had some fun

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app