What's new

Game Thread Apr 19, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Lakers

Added to Calendar: 04-19-21

I had the same thought. He moves so much better than Favors, and can shoot the 3. We all love DFAV, but he is so average it hurts.
He plays so slow, and like an old man.
There’s not that many centers that a guy listed at 6’8” , 232 can be effective on D against. Nobody pushes Favs off the block, I’ll stick with Favs.

Is the realization that the Jazz could really go all the way late, or just me rationalizing not making that futures bet this year? I mean who knew that Gobert and Clarkson would suddenly become X-Men?

I had the same thought. He moves so much better than Favors, and can shoot the 3. We all love DFAV, but he is so average it hurts.
Maybe, but he's 100x the defender Morgan is.

No offense to Morgan or anything (who I hope to see have a nice career and make some money in this league), but I've seen both play more than 10 garbage minutes a game, and it's not even close.

What evidence we got that he can shoot the 3?

Favors is sporting a 1.9 BPM. He's averaging one of his best block percentages of his career. He has the highest FG% of his career. He has the highest FT% of his career.

Yes, he's clearly slower than he use to be. He can't defend as tight on the perimeter as 5 years ago. He doesn't glide off the PNR for silky smooth finishes like he use to, but he's still a damn good backup and worlds ahead of Juwan Morgan in every aspect.

You and Revolution 9 are battling it out for the honor of Blindest Person on JFC
The Favors love makes zero sense to me. Favors was supposed to be this amazing backup for Rudy and instead he's been so bad the Jazz can only afford Rudy to be on the bench for 4 minutes at a time.
During the time Rudy's on the bench the other teams score average 25% more points. His plus minus is pathetic.
Favors gives ZERO shooting or passing. He's literally effective on a Jingles pick and roll to the basket or the very rare put back only.
Morgan is quicker, can actually shoot, plays bigger, has actual upside.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Maybe, but he's 100x the defender Morgan is.

No offense to Morgan or anything (who I hope to see have a nice career and make some money in this league), but I've seen both play more than 10 garbage minutes a game, and it's not even close.
Favors might be 30% better. On a good day. Most days it's a wash.

Nice to see Conley and gobert play less than 30 minutes and nice to see clarkson be really efficient again especially around the paint with tough fadeaways and floaters.
Maybe his hand was holding him back earlier and he is feeling better after some games off

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Favors love makes zero sense to me. Favors was supposed to be this amazing backup for Rudy and instead he's been so bad the Jazz can only afford Rudy to be on the bench for 4 minutes at a time.
During the time Rudy's on the bench the other teams score average 25% more points. His plus minus is pathetic.
Favors gives ZERO shooting or passing. He's literally effective on a Jingles pick and roll to the basket or the very rare put back only.
Morgan is quicker, can actually shoot, plays bigger, has actual upside.

Ok pal

Steph with 10 three's. 21 times in his career.

Steph-21
Klay-5
Harden-3
Lillard-3
JR Smith- 3
Zach Lavine- 2
Greatest shooter of all time.
We should trade niang for him. Think of how good he would be coming off the bench for this jazz team

For some people, there’s only “Favors Love” or “Favors Hate.” Lets all choose your feel bad for them, emmk?

Greatest shooter of all time.
We should trade niang for him. Think of how good he would be coming off the bench for this jazz team

He'd have to play behind Oni and Hughes doe. Pair him with Thomas and maybe we have something.

Meh.

The Suns remaining games against teams above .500 are thus:

@ Sixers
@ Celtics (b2b)
@ Nets
@ Knicks (b2b)
Clippers
Jazz
@ Hawks (b2b)
@ Lakers
Blazers

Ours are: