What's new

Game Thread Apr 21, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 04-21-22

Phx also has big guards to compensate for cp3. If Booker was 6 foot 2 and they lacked wings, I don't think Phx would be nearly as good.

It's a double whammy for us. Our guards are tiny and our wings aren't long or athletic. That might've been mitigated somewhat had we drafted Bane and Herb Jones. But... We drafted Doka and Butler.
It's more and more like we are building a team around Conley than Rudy or DM. I mean if we aren't even giving Conley his defensive assignment that is Jalen Brunson, what are we doing?

Clearly, the pretenderzz still don't have what it takes to compete in the playoffs. I clapped loudly after seeing the results last night. It's so predictable and obvious outcome. And Luka's not even playing no less. I hope they pull it together now since they're back's against the wall already.

Paper tigers for the 3rd year in a row.

Rudy and Donovan don't work together on the floor.

One, if not both need to go.

Quin as well.

Well I just went and looked at the play by play and you are simply wrong. You said they called a timeout and calmed down and started to gain ground again.
According to the play by play they called a timeout at 5:33 left in the third when the jazz were down 83-66.
The next time Dallas called a timeout was at 8:55 in the 4th quarter with the jazz down 101-97.

Ya they attacked Mitchell when they had the lineup I liked out there. But guess what? Jazz outscored them big time. And that matters. See, when Conley, royce and gobert are out there with Mitchell then instead of simply attacking Mitchell they also get to attack Conley and find goberts man for open three's and attack Royce while also not having to worry about gobert and Royce on the other end.
Check the play by play. Small ball was working fantastically when Royce and Conley were not a part of it. Dallas didn't gain ground. The jazz gained ground.
Thanks for the detailed response. Sorry I wasn't able to log on to answer earlier.

I mistook the end of quarter for a timeout. I am not denying the fact that we made run. I am just saying it was out of novelty, a surprise for Mavs. When they came back collected we went basket for basket and it looked fun because it was high pace. However, we only cut it back to 1 once the subs were made and generated 3 open shots behind the perimeter.

It may be that I am pessimistic about the Jazz for a while and they really soured me on basketball this year and it's affecting my judgement. I just don't see anything sustainable about the line up. Hopefully we see more on G4 and on if it works again.